PDA

View Full Version : RCBS auto primer feed problem

hoosierlogger
03-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Last night I loaded 400 9mm with my RCBS JR2 press. The issue I dad with the primer feed tube was a bit frustrating. About 25 of the 400 primers I pressed in turned sideways in the primer pocket. I am new to reloading and the system is used and belonged to my father. Is this a common thing for a few of them to get turned in there, or indications of a failing primer seater? a couple of them were stuck so bad I had to remove the case and shell holder and push them out with a thin rod. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Echo
03-21-2009, 12:10 AM
This is NOT a common problem with the RCBS system - at least, I have not heard of it being a problem. My experience is that if I am too exuberant with pushing the primer arm from the supply tube into the ram the primer will sometime get flipped, sometime on edge, and that generally happens on the last, or next-to-last primer in the tube. That just doesn't happen with careful (not necessarily slow) moving of the arm.

Don't know if this helps...

Call RCBS...

hoosierlogger
03-21-2009, 07:51 AM
well it is certainly a possibility that is what I was doing. I was looking at them yesterday afternoon ant they were right side up as I was pushing the arm over. I think they are hitting the shell holder and then turning. I guess I just need to slow it down a little and see where that gets me.