PDA

View Full Version : Belt mountian ?

sjm
03-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Hello all,
When I purchased my Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt it came with two (2) cylinder pins. One in an envelope, and the other in the gun. It is the stepped disc type (Keith design). Is there a way to tell if this gun has had the Belt Mountian up grade.., measuring, other..?
thank you, Scott

Maven
03-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Scott, If I'm not mistaken, Belt Mtn. base/cylinder pins are held in place by a pointed allen-headed set screw. One of the pins should have that distinguishing feature and it may need to be fitted to the gun as well.

nicholst55
03-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Scott, If I'm not mistaken, Belt Mtn. base/cylinder pins are held in place by a pointed allen-headed set screw. One of the pins should have that distinguishing feature and it may need to be fitted to the gun as well.

Not all Belt Mountain base pins have a locking screw, so that won't help.

targetshootr
03-20-2009, 10:36 AM
It sounds like a #5 base pin. If it's not a Belt Mtn it would almost have to be custom made. I don't know of anyone else who makes that kind for Rugers. Is your gun a new or old model? If it's an old model gun the pin would probably have a hole in the rear of it.

Char-Gar
03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
The pin in the pistol is the Belt Mountain. The pin in the envelope is probably the factory pin that was removed..

Maven
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
nichols55, Thanks for the heads up on the base pin.