PDA

View Full Version : Home invader shot

theperfessor
03-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought it might be of interest to the members here. The incident happened right across town from where I live.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/mar/15/police-armed-burglar-shot-resident/

With gang buddies like this, you don't need too many enemies, do you.

Johnch
03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I would like to buy that guy a beer

But IMO he let them off to easy
Invade my house and I would aim a little higher and need and need to reload

John

Triggerhappy
03-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I know it's not funny, but that's hilarious. Got shot then run over by his buddies not once but twice.

Karma, it's a beautiful thing.

Tom Herman
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
*ROFLMAO* Thanks for sharing...
I wonder what he had that held 60 shots...

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Bigjohn
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
I would like to buy that guy a beer
John

Nah! Buy him a case of ammo and a couple of more magazines.

I hope he gets through this alright.

Personally, anyone kicking in my door at that hour better have a damn good medical cover.

John

jhrosier
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Murray said he didn't know, either, but that maybe they spotted his car — a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass outfitted with new features — and believed its owner might have money.

Talk about living in a rough neighborhood! A 1984 Olds is conspicuous consumption?

Jack

waksupi
03-16-2009, 10:45 PM

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Probably two 30 rounders taped together

theperfessor
03-17-2009, 12:20 AM
There must be something in the air or water around here that makes the local bad guys real stupid... I should have posted this also, but didn't. A month or so ago one of the local degenerates - an ex felon - posted a picture of himself on Facebook (I think, but it could have been a similar site) proudly posing with a sawed off shotgun.

He got busted REAL quick!

BIGGUNGOBOOM
03-17-2009, 03:22 AM
This is a sad issue, I am afraid that this sort of thing is going to only get worse. I believe that he did the right thing. personally I would have let a few more rounds find their target. the stupid thing is his buddies ran his butt over !!!!!!! cherish these rights fellas.

9.3X62AL
03-17-2009, 04:16 AM
Sometimes, being a crook can be a very tough job. How dreadful.

troy_mclure
03-17-2009, 04:34 AM

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

a fn p90s holds 60

armyrat1970
03-17-2009, 05:07 AM
I remained during Katrina. Before Katrina I kept my Mossberg 500 Special Purpose and Norinco 1911A1 loaded with the first two rounds Less Than Lethal. After Katrina the Mossberg is loaded with #4 buck and the Norinco with either Remington 185jhp or Federal 165jhp. I will pull the trigger more than once if anyone breaks down my door.

Freightman
03-17-2009, 10:00 AM
A friend I have was setting watching TV about 8:30 PM one day last year waiting for his wife to get of work. His four old was playing in the floor when a druggie kicked his door down brandishing a Bowie knife. The druggie headed for the friends son when my friend put three .380 shots in the druggies chest. End of story he was the first to test the then new "Castle Law". It works no problems .
The druggie was a block off he and another druggie had a fight a few minutes before he broke into my friends house and that druggie lived on the next street over on the same corner.
They didn't have to send this one to the hospital he was DOA of the police.
My friend moved to a better neighborhood the next month.

TAWILDCATT
03-17-2009, 11:26 AM
what amazed me is the posters. several had the home owner as a scum.I have seen this in alot of posts ,people dont read the story.and then they post all kinds of foolish remarks.:coffee:[smilie=1:

Rocky Raab
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
If you read all the comments in that link, the robber wasn't the only dumb SOB in that town who can't identify people correctly. Half the commenters kept confusing the homeowner with the crook! Pathetic.

Recluse
03-17-2009, 12:03 PM
A friend I have was setting watching TV about 8:30 PM one day last year waiting for his wife to get of work. His four old was playing in the floor when a druggie kicked his door down brandishing a Bowie knife. The druggie headed for the friends son when my friend put three .380 shots in the druggies chest. End of story he was the first to test the then new "Castle Law". It works no problems .
The druggie was a block off he and another druggie had a fight a few minutes before he broke into my friends house and that druggie lived on the next street over on the same corner.
They didn't have to send this one to the hospital he was DOA of the police.
My friend moved to a better neighborhood the next month.

God Bless West Texas and Potter County.

Makes me homesick.

:coffee:

Bladebu1
03-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Nah! Buy him a case of ammo and a couple of more magazines.

I hope he gets through this alright.

Personally, anyone kicking in my door at that hour better have a damn good medical cover.

John

naw he needs a last will
as the saying goses
anyone found here at night :twisted:
the will be found here in the moring (cold) :Fire:

Freightman
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
This is from a policeman that is a friend, " do not let him walk away as the scum bag will sue you and the civil suit will go against you" Take this for what it is worth he didn't ever mention "kill"

Bigjohn
03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
This is from a policeman that is a friend, " do not let him walk away as the scum bag will sue you and the civil suit will go against you" Take this for what it is worth he didn't ever mention "kill"

If you were to even accidentally mention that word, the Prosecutors would fall on you like a tonne of bricks.
All teachers of the art of Defensive Shooting teach to aim for centre of seen mass; they are never called "killing" shots. Here, I could keep shooting until the threat is removed and claim self defense. I would still be put through the "Grinder" (Courts) but that is easier to survive than death.

To mention 'KILL' or "should have KILLED" in the minds of Lawyers shows intent to Kill and $$$$$$ for them.

John

theperfessor
03-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Briefly stated, it has has been clearly explained to me by the local police when being issued a carry permit, there are a limited number of circumstances where deadly force can be used in self-defense. And once the threat is no longer present there is no further reason to use deadly force. If death results from the use of deadly force during the proper circumstances you have acted legally and shouldn't be charged with committing a criminal act, if under improper circumstance you have not and are legally liable to be charged with a crime.

I know this is an idealistic interpretation and that the law doesn't always correctly separate the innocent from the guilty. But my feeling in this case is that the resident did himself a favor, both criminally and civilly, by hitting the guy with the first and only shot and then terminating any further shooting of the downed home invader and his accomplices as they fled the scene and were no longer a threat to him.

Slowpoke
03-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Nothing complicated here...

A woman was called in front of a Texas grand jury for Manslaughter after she shot a mugger 6 times in the back as he was running away with her purse.

He grabbed the purse and ran, she had her hand on the gun in it, and was left with the revolver in her hand.

When asked by the grand jury why she shot the man 6 times in the back as he was running away, she replied under oath:

"Because when I pulled the trigger the 7th time it only went click"

armyrat1970
03-18-2009, 05:37 AM
During Katrina my neighborhood was empty. After a few days the son of one of my neighbors, who is a LEO from another parish, came by to check on his fathers home. I walked up with my 45 on my hip and Mossberg 500 Special Purpose on my shoulder. We talked and he told me if you see a looter, shot 'em and let the body lay. Contact us and don't worry about it. We'll take care of it. As we were under martial law that was in my game plan anyway but it was good to know I had that backup. Luckily I did not have to use this option. And none of my neighbors had a loss from looters as I walked around checking. Though at night I was locked inside.

Brick85
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
What worries me about this is that even gang members who are dumb enough to run over their friends not once but twice are smart enough to claim to be police when kicking down the door. It's easy enough to identify a guy in a leather jacket with prison tatoos and a switchblade yelling "I'm gonna rape your wife and then you, too!" as a lethal threat you can respond to with lethal force, but if the door is coming off the hinges and you hear "POLICE!", what can you do but wait for folks to come through? If the creeps are smart enough to actually act like cops, maybe even fake some uniforms, it'd be very easy to get a homeowner's gun before the homeowner realizes what's up.

45nut
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
When asked by the grand jury why she shot the man 6 times in the back as he was running away, she replied under oath:

"Because when I pulled the trigger the 7th time it only went click"

ROFL Thats Perfect!