PDA

View Full Version : NEI 38 and 44 Caliber Moulds

What Cheer
03-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Need help on a couple of NEI .38 and .44 caliber bullet moulds.

These moulds will be marked with the bullet weight, followed by the caliber/diameter, followed by the letter 'K' which I believe to indicate 'Keith'.

I realize this is not much to go by, but it is all I have at present. I would appreciate any additional information from any member having moulds marked in this manner.

Thank you,

What Cheer

Bret4207
03-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Why not check NEIs website? Email or call them. www.neihandtools.com

What Cheer
03-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Bret,

Thanks,

The current list from NEI does not contain any mould with a number like I am looking
for. Their mould numbers have changed a few times over the years which makes it tough to check numbers.

I am still hopeful that the members will be able to help.

Thanks,

What Cheer

Blammer
03-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Got a pic or some numbers to tell?

What Cheer
03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Blammer,

The only information I have is stated in my original post. I know these moulds exist, and am trying to find the numbers for them. They were probably made when NEI was in El Paso, before moving to Oregon, although some may have been made there. One will be in 38 caliber, one in 44 caliber, they should have the letter 'K' following the mould number.

Thanks,

What Cheer

MT Chambers
03-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Actually i think it is the other way around, they moved from oregon to El Paso, after Walt's passing I think!

hammerhead357
03-21-2009, 02:03 AM
If my memory is working correctly NEI was in El Paso 1st and then moved to Oregon and then after Walt's passing was moved back to El Paso by his daughter......I hope this is correct....Wes

2Tite
03-21-2009, 02:36 AM
I have an NEI mold chart from 1996 hanging in my shop. I'll check it tomorrow. UH.....it is tomorrow. Anyhow, I'll see if they were current production at that time and post either way.

I checked but no luck. JB

What Cheer
03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
JB,

Thanks for checking for me. I am not giving up, the information is out there, eventually I will find it.

NEI went from El Paso to Oregon and after Walt's passing his daughter moved the business back to El Paso.

Best regards,

What Cheer