PDA

View Full Version : Military brass

jtaylor1960
03-16-2009, 05:28 PM
I was just on the Top Brass site checking on military brass.They posted a memo saying that according to new goverment regulations all fired military brass must be destroyed. If anyone has any info on this situation I would like to hear it.If they can't take away our guns they will take away the ammo.

3rptr
03-16-2009, 05:37 PM
This one is probably gonna require a congressman to inquire with the DoD to find out who is responsible for the change in policy.

In these days of politically correct recycling, it does not seem good to be so wasteful at the government level.

OeldeWolf
03-16-2009, 11:30 PM
I would be happy to do it, but we are stuck with boxer, feinstein, and pelosi, all of whom are about as useful as teats on a boar hog.

Anyone else have useful congressmen in their state?

04heritage
03-16-2009, 11:38 PM
I wonder how much of this is somebody else wanting their fingers in the pot. By destroying the military brass we ( the reloaders) will have to buy brass straight from the companies. Higher prices etc,etc.

surfj9009
03-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Here is the info you are looking for. I recieved this email this morning:

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&attid=0.1&thid=12010965b06d212d&mt=application%2Fpdf

It is sad but true. Better buy what you can on the open market while you can........

shotman
03-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Well next week brass will be $1 each. get em now

Willbird
03-17-2009, 07:16 AM
I wonder how much of this is somebody else wanting their fingers in the pot. By destroying the military brass we ( the reloaders) will have to buy brass straight from the companies. Higher prices etc,etc.

I think your spot on there. Olin corp for example owned a brass foundry near me, they hauled at LEAST 400,000 lbs of fired brass in a week to melt for scrap. Olin corp owns WW for one thing, so this ruling helps them two ways, they get to buy cartridge brass cheaper with far less competition on the bidding, and they get to sell more brass, bullets, and loaded ammo. They will also completely destroy outfits like Black hills who had a core business of reloading once fired mil brass(and sometimes bullets and powder too) and selling the loaded ammo at an affordable price.

This should be no surprise either because they clamped down on powder a few years back, and I had heard they could not sell AMMO CANS without mutilating them (heard that one ten years ago).

Bill

03-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Now that they have fixed the economy, they have shifted their sights towards gun control. There is a recent memo that all soldiers now must register ALL their privately owned firearms -- even if they live off base.

Also, http://www.georgia-ammo.com
or maybe it's, http://georgia_ammo.com

mikekj
03-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Try www.georgia-arms.com

The ban has apparently been lifted, as of 4:30, 17 march 2009.

Reloader06
03-19-2009, 12:32 AM
HOORAY!!!

Matt

surfj9009
03-19-2009, 12:44 AM
hiphip hooray:):drinks:

FN in MT
03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Thank the two MT Senators and a grass roots pro 2nd Amendment organization from Montana! Good sense prevails. Amazing.

FN in MT

waksupi
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Thank the two MT Senators and a grass roots pro 2nd Amendment organization from Montana! Good sense prevails. Amazing.

FN in MT

I will point out, both are democrats, so we see that not all of them are working against our rights. Both have a record of bowing to pressure from the voters, as they know how thier bread is buttered.
If people were more active ALL of the time on what is happening in this country, you just might see some changes.

shotman
03-19-2009, 04:20 PM
not all dems are anti gun our 2 in WV dont go that way [most of the time} but Byrd did say in a reply that he would check into it well he sent email today and said it was reversed and that no one in the senate was aware of it till they have calls so we DO make a difference. rick

Shiloh
03-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I will point out, both are democrats, so we see that not all of them are working against our rights. Both have a record of bowing to pressure from the voters, as they know how thier bread is buttered.
If people were more active ALL of the time on what is happening in this country, you just might see some changes.

You are correct sir!!

If every one sends an email, or a phone call, or better yet a snail mail letter
AND emails and phone calls, They pay attention. The problem is, a lot of folks wait for the other guy to do something, then it is often to late!!

See what happens when folks get after it!!

You have to give the Libs credit, they are a lot more motivated and organized on the grassroots level than we are.

Shiloh