View Full Version : Lar45's LsStuff ?

jack19512
03-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Anyone have any contact info other than the e-mail they list on their site? I sent an order in right at 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from them. I sent them an e-mail several days ago asking for some order update info and have not received a reply yet. Anyone know how long the order and receive time is normally from them?

waksupi
03-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Unusual. There has to be a problem he is dealing with at home. I hope he is well.

Shiloh
03-16-2009, 10:10 AM
He has been running a little behind. Took two weeks for our last order. Transit time inclusive.
It's worth the wait and he is as good as gold.

Shiloh

codgerville@zianet.com
03-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Same here, my order took a little longer than usual, he is probably swamped like everyone else.

Down South
03-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Usually they take of orders within a week. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

Recluse
03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Seven to ten days has been the average for me, but I always let them know that I'm in zero hurry and to take care of their anxious customers first. They deal with a LOT of folks, many of whom are serious competitors and may need their stuff before a plinker and tinkerer like me does.

They are first class folks and this is a sideline/extra job for them. I'd love to seem them do well enough that they could do the stuff they love for a living.

:coffee:

billyb
03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
His order page says a 1-2 week shipping delay right now. I ordered some carnuba red and it got here in about 10 days. Bill

jack19512
03-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks to all for the reply's. Just so happens my order came in the mail today. I hate to be so impatient, I guess I'm just not blessed with patience. Nor am I blessed with the ability to get my Ruger SBH 44 mag to shoot accurately and I am hoping that a lube change will help me with this. :-D

Shiloh
03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks to all for the reply's. Just so happens my order came in the mail today. I hate to be so impatient, I guess I'm just not blessed with patience. Nor am I blessed with the ability to get my Ruger SBH 44 mag to shoot accurately and I am hoping that a lube change will help me with this. :-D

Glad your product finally arrived. He does his best.
Give the guy a chance, he really is as good as gold.

I'm sure you will find out in a short order if you are not already familiar with him, that his product is better that lubes selling for a lot more money. Plus he is in a proprietary "cottage industry" business. I'm happy to help support the Larsen's
He is also ONE OF US!!

Shiloh :castmine: and lube with Larsen's

Firebricker
03-16-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree with all of the above after using carnauba red I have no reason to try any thing else.
Have heard great things abought there other lubes too but love that C.R.
F.B.

Poygan
03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I bought some of their other product and had them fill the container with C. Red. Also had a question and his wife said they had a large order for lube that was slowing things down. Personally, I don't wait until I'm out of anything but an extra 13 sticks of lube won't spoil either.

Shiloh
03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree with all of the above after using carnauba red I have no reason to try any thing else.
Have heard great things abought there other lubes too but love that C.R.
F.B.

I don't use hard lube. I have several Sticks of C.R. for when and if I do.
My shootin buddy who has "Rolled His Own" for a long time swears by Larsen Carnauba Red. Says that it is the best hard lube he has EVER used. And at $1.35 a stick !!

Shiloh :castmine: And lube with Larsen's

jack19512
03-16-2009, 08:54 PM
It turned out to be a nice day for me today. I got my lube I had ordered, I stopped at a tire shop that I use to get wheel weights from and they had quit giving them to me back when the price of lead went up so much, I had some time to kill so I thought why not try. Went in and asked and they gave me an almost full 5 gallon bucket full of weights. Also, I purchased me a new .357 revolver. :mrgreen:

Idaho Sharpshooter
03-16-2009, 11:04 PM
his CR is the best!! in my humble opinion. I use it in everything from 7BR to my 550 Gibbs with excellent results. I am testing his BP lube, since my brother swears by it in his Shiloh 50-90
and BP.

Rich
Buff Killer

cb4017
03-17-2009, 02:40 AM
Got my order of BAC today. Took about a week.

jack19512
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I got to try the red lube out today in my 44 mag and 454 Casull. As of right now I really can't say for sure if it is any better than the LLA I have been using. My groups were about the same and I still had a little leading. I have enough of the red lube to experiment for a while and then decide if I will stay with it or go back to the LLA.

waco
03-18-2009, 11:10 PM
is his c.r. similar to red rooster HVR?

44man
03-19-2009, 12:19 AM
I got to try the red lube out today in my 44 mag and 454 Casull. As of right now I really can't say for sure if it is any better than the LLA I have been using. My groups were about the same and I still had a little leading. I have enough of the red lube to experiment for a while and then decide if I will stay with it or go back to the LLA.
Let us know what and how you are loading for the .44. Maybe We can see the problem. CR is good lube, stay with it.

jack19512
03-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Let us know what and how you are loading for the .44. Maybe We can see the problem. CR is good lube, stay with it.

I have had better luck with the Lee 310 gr. boolit vs. the Lee 240 gr. boolit so that is what I am concentrating on right now. I am using 296 powder. I have tried between 18 gr. and 20 gr. of powder. Today I shot some with the gas checks instead of the plain base. Groups still wasn't that great from 25 yards. I have tried sizing to .429, .430, and shoot as cast. I have tried to notice when cleaning the barrel if I can detect any tight or loose spots within the barrel but haven't noticed any.

Funny thing is I have been casting and reloading for the SBH 44 mag a lot longer than I have for my SRH 454 and I can get at least as good of groups if not better with the 454 at 50 yards as I can with the 44 mag at 25 yards. I am pleased with the progress I am having with my SRH 454. Today I shot two groups 6 shots each with the 454 from 50 yards and they both measured right at 2 inches. Also, I can use the very same 44 mag boolits in my Marlin 1894 and do quite well. It's getting kind of hard for me to keep justifying going on with the 44 mag. :(