PDA

View Full Version : Spligatis Single shot

barrabruce
03-16-2009, 08:20 AM

Never heard of one but looks interesting. 308 cal
Belived to be made in Germany.
Anyone know anthing about them.

The lever looks user freindly and pretty smart.

Considering buying it if I can find some more info about these.
Any help appreciated

Barra

Gerry N.
03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Other than the receiver looking like it was made to be used for over/under doubles, it looks good. It is a tip-up or a falling block? Spligatis sounds more Romanian than German. If it isn't priced at the stratospheric level, I'd be very tempted. But then, I like single shots in general.

.308 is a wonderful cartridge. I always considered it a rimless .30-40. I have two .308's, a Ruger #1 and a Chilean M1912/61. Both handle cast boolits very well. I've had good results with Lyman 311299's in wheelweight metal and Lee C-309-130-1R also in ww metal. Not as good results with Lyman 311291 in WW. All shot as cast and tumbled with Lee mule snot. The Lee bullet is an excellent plinking bullet in any .30 cal and especially for the .30 carbine as it feeds flawlessly and hits within 2" of poi at 50 yds.

I have developed a proclivity for single shot rifles in my dotage, and use the .30 Carbine round in my Ruger #1 with an adaptor cartridge. Much fun, more than I deserve.

Gerry N.

barrabruce
03-18-2009, 03:26 AM
Any better??
Anyone rekonise the action maybe???

Single falling block Gerry.

They want higher shelf price.

Bruce

Wayne Smith
03-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Is that a lever or does it open with one of the two triggers? Looks like it was made for a much larger caliber, too.

Gerry N.
03-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Single falling block Gerry.

They want higher shelf price.

Bruce

I've never seen or heard of it. Dang purty rifle, though. How does the price compare to a good used Ruger #1?

Gerry N.

barrabruce
03-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Price is the same.
Has a single stage set tigger but don't know the twist rate yet.
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

Iv'e been consulting the stars and runes ..may have to bite off a chicken head or something.

Probably will have to sell me Khornet to pay for it and ..that would be like cutting out my left testicle....probably think Icould do with out it but after its done I'd probably want it back quick smart and regret it.

Trouble is if I could fondle it and see how good it shoots be real easy. Make a cast of the chamber and do all that but I usually run in to troubles when I start dissassembling things in shops.
All in all it may only shoot 2" at 100yrds at best or a tack driver who knows.
And I could do the same for a lot less.

bruce