PDA

View Full Version : Here's another rumor to tick you off...

Slinger
03-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Was on EVILBAY. Some guy had a Lyman 4 holer for sale and in his description he says that Lyman is no longer making four cavity moulds. All, I'm sure in hopes of driving the price up. And the FOOLS bit hook, line & sinker!!! The price of the mould is up over $100.
Times like this bring out the real person. People panic and create mass hysteria. Makes me sick..............................And what hurts is alot of these people that are panic buying, I'm certain, voted for the man that's now president.

After reading it closely, what he means is that particular cal. & design is no longer made in a 4-cavity. But he doesn't actually say that. Well, I jumped the gun, but hopefully you see where I'm coming from. I guess it's total frustration, with this whole mess & especially the inability to buy reloading items, casting items, etc.

Flash
03-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh yea, I agree. Just a few years back, steel 2 cavity moulds would barely top $35 on ebay. Now you're lucky to get one for $60.

Dale53
03-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I, personally, tried to buy a four cavity Lyman 452424 direct and they informed me that they were no longer going to be supplying a four cavity mould for that bullet design. Fortunately, I found a good used one on this forum.

Dale53