PDA

View Full Version : Not a cast bullet...........

swheeler
03-11-2009, 02:37 AM
My twin daughters are finally 18 years old, I've got the grey to prove it. Last fall they wanted to go hunting with Dad, just the three of us for a day of deer hunting. They each harvested a nice mulie buck 4x4 and 5x3, we had a nice time together, something we have had too little of the last few years. Dad shot a couple does after the girls had filled their tags. Thought I would share a couple pics with you all....

Slow Elk 45/70
03-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Great sir, glad you got to spend time with your family and do some hunting/gathering.
I always enjoyed taking my daughter hunting. Good for you

carpetman
03-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Scott you must have tough daughters. That's the first time I can recall ever seeing a person posing with their deer and no gun. They just kill them with their good looks and before you can say anything about getting them from you I'll hastily add which they luckily got from their mother.

45&30-30
03-11-2009, 04:06 AM
Truth be told swheeler, if I could do that for my daughters and son every year I would be content never shooting another buck or bull. Nice work.

carpetman
03-11-2009, 04:13 AM
45&30-30---I know exactly what you mean. I haven't shot a deer in years--more fun letting my grandson or nephew or great nephew do it. But I was partly involved--they have all used my reloads.

gon2shoot
03-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Well done, your time could not have been spent better.

hicard
03-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Those are a couple of beautifull bucks....girls....bucks....girls.

swheeler
03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Scott you must have tough daughters. That's the first time I can recall ever seeing a person posing with their deer and no gun. They just kill them with their good looks and before you can say anything about getting them from you I'll hastily add which they luckily got from their mother.

C Man; yes they are tough, but they did use a rifle. Katie used a Ruger 22/250 and Sammi a 270, but this time the girls got to drag the deer back themselves(the rifles are propped against a tree a few hundred yards back), kind of, as dad got in on plenty of the dragging. I am glad they got their looks from mom!

Larry Gibson
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
swheeler

You need to invest more in a shotgun!

Larry Gibson

northmn
03-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Those make good memories. I ahd a son and two daughters. Son is now in Florida. One daughter is 18 and shot a nice deer last year and 3 deer her first year. The oldest daughter is now married with two children. She helped me drag out a deer once and has been talking about deer hunting. My son in law is a bow hunter as well as a rifle hunter. The daughter keeps telling him to use a "real bow" like her dad uses instead of his compound. I use recurves and longbows.
Pretty daughters give grey hairs. My oldest did. Good to see those pictures, helps to keep us on track in this day and age.

Northmn

swheeler
03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
swheeler

You need to invest more in a shotgun!

Larry Gibson

Larry; stop that, I don't do shotgun weddings! I have a grandson and grandaughter in Missouri, our oldest daughter is 28. They all started shooting, hunting and reloading very young. My youngest is 4 years old, and black??????????(I asked the wife about that) I'm just starting to teach her to shoot, looks like she's a natural!

StarMetal
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Nice pictures, nice deer, good looking daughters Scot. For those wondering where the guns are those were politically correct hunting pictures. [smilie=1:

Joe

swheeler
03-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Nice pictures, nice deer, good looking daughters Scot. For those wondering where the guns are those were politically correct hunting pictures. [smilie=1:

Joe

Thanks Joe. You are correct! I even tried to remove most of the blood from them before snapping a picture, and when telling the story I don't use the word "kill" but instead "harvested" the deer. Harvested? cheeeeeeeeeese, now I'm a farmer! Oh yah, they were shot with PC bullets too, I want to make sure the coyotes don't get lead poisoning from the gut piles.(we don't have condores)

JDL
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Absolutely nothing compairs to a family hunt!! Pretty daughters and you would do well to keep an ax handle handy to beat the boys away. :-)
JDL

swheeler
03-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Absolutely nothing compairs to a family hunt!! Pretty daughters and you would do well to keep an ax handle handy to beat the boys away. :-)
JDL

I agree about family hunts, anything that includes the family is good. I do keep an aluminum slugger next to the front door, just in case!

dk17hmr
03-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Aluminum doesnt work as well as Hickory or Ash. [smilie=1:

03-13-2009, 10:24 AM
You're a lucky man. Enjoy the family.

swheeler
03-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Everyone, thanks for the kind words. Yes I am very blessed and count my lucky stars every day! Scot