PDA

View Full Version : star air pressure lube thing

colbyjack
03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
can one be made at home? like a homemade air pressure set up. $100 seems high, the crank the handle works for me but if i can make it or if someone wants to share how or what i need ill try it. thanks and do you got any pics of the real one or home made one? -chris

Willbird
03-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Star has a blueprint on their webpage.
http://www.magmaengr.com/images/drawings/aircyl.gif

The cylinder is probably $20-30 to buy, then an air regulator, and an adapter to fasten the cyl to the top of the lube reservoir. I do not recall if I used the piston from the spring loaded system or they gave you a new piston, I know there is an aluminum adapter that threads on the end of the cyl rod and the piston fastens to that.

Bill

runfiverun
03-11-2009, 12:23 PM
it comes all set up if i recall, i ordered mine with it.
and have never had any problems.
the little aluminum thing on the bottom with the squeegie on it doesn't look like the hand crank one i have [still in the bag]

Springfield
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
You can order the air cylinders from McMaster-Carr. And the plunger seal on the bottom has to be taken from the original set-up, it doesn't come with a seal. At least mine didn't that I bought 3 years ago.

Willbird
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
You can order the air cylinders from McMaster-Carr. And the plunger seal on the bottom has to be taken from the original set-up, it doesn't come with a seal. At least mine didn't that I bought 3 years ago.

That jibes with my memory too. I bought mine 2-3 years ago.

hammerhead357
03-12-2009, 03:40 AM
Springfield, What number is the air cylinder from McMaster-Carr please.....Wes

pcmacd
11-20-2021, 11:56 PM
can one be made at home? like a homemade air pressure set up. $100 seems high, the crank the handle works for me but if i can make it or if someone wants to share how or what i need ill try it. thanks and do you got any pics of the real one or home made one? -chris

I wish somebody here would give us detailed information on how to make this conversion.

With part numbers.

I've a lathe but it is not yet connected, and I need to get my Star up to production levels sooner than I am going to have that lathe online.

tanks

garandsrus
11-21-2021, 01:19 AM
Been there, done that….. Here you go! https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?387125-WTS-Star-Air-Conversion&highlight=Star+air