PDA

View Full Version : Any casters in middle TN area?

USARO4
02-04-2006, 11:35 AM
How many CB members are in the Nashville TN area? I't would be nice to get a group together to shoot, swap bullets , lies and beer. There are acouple of good WMA shooting ranges near here. I'm curious to know how many of us there are around here. I work for the post office (scarey, I know), and judging from the hundreds of Midway catalogs we process every month I could'nt be the only CB nut around here.

Rick N Bama
02-04-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm just down the road from you in N. Alabama. We also have another member over in the NE corner of the state. I'm not aware of anyone in your area of TN, but like you, I'm sure someone up there is doing some casting.

Rick

Beau Cassidy
02-04-2006, 07:00 PM
I am up in the NE corner and go to Smyrna once or twice a year to play army.

Beau

JohnH
02-04-2006, 09:56 PM
There are a couple of us get together every 6 weeks or so, one fella from Nashville, one from Elkhart Alabama, I'm in Mentone Al. We shoot over at Swan Creek WMA, just outside Decatur. AL, about 2 hours south of of you. The others don't cast, but I do, pretty sure we'd like to have another along to swap lies and toss lead. We're talkiin' about a get together sometime in March. Interested? How 'bout yourself Rick? Seems we spoke of this once before

TCLouis
02-04-2006, 10:23 PM
USARO4

30 miles south of Nashville here.

Hey Beau, if you are going to Smyrna to shoot paper come on down and shoot pop-ups with us in Tullahoma. If it is classes, then "we don't have no steeenkin classes".

We offer full service M9 Combat pop-ups, MG pop-ups to 800 meters, and M-16 qual pop-ups to 300 meters. (Military and Police departments only)

USARO4
02-05-2006, 11:18 AM
JohnH, I sure would be interested in getting together for a shoot. Do you guys shoot long guns, handguns or both? Would you PM me with the details?

Beau Cassidy
02-06-2006, 08:14 AM
TC Louis,
Thanks for the invite. I haven't shot much of that pop-up stuff. Done a little Bullseye shooting. I went down past Spring Hill a few years ago and won my classification in the state bulleseye matches. I usually don't have a whole lot of time to shoot on the weekends I am in Smyrna, though. I usually get to go to Bass Pro some but the novelty is wearing off since they got one about an hour south of me now. I might have to see if I can dig out a pistola or two and the AR next time I come down that way. It will probably be April before I get down that way. I will keep you posted. Pretty sure we have a training site in Tullahoma. The state is supposed to be building that place up real nice like to train a lot of my fellow Guardsmen.

Beau

TCLouis
02-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Beau
Ya gots a PM.
Louis

JBM103
03-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi, USAR04. This is my first post, so please tolerate any (all) errors. I am located near Knoxville, but travel to your area frequently to make sure the doctors do not go broke. Would be glad to visit by phone or in person. By the way, you are located right on top of one of my favorite suppliers, MidSouth Shooters Supply in Clarksville (formerly operating in Morristown). They have a really good selection of reloading supplies and casting materials. I have been using their (and others) supplies for about 35 years and can always find more toys to buy than I can afford, but it gives me something else to look forward to adding on. Shout back if you get a chance.