PDA

View Full Version : HS-6 & WIN-540

BCB
02-04-2006, 09:53 AM
This really isn't surplus stuff (well maybe it is but with a different name), but I have read several places that these two powders are "the same". I was going to do a bit of shotshell reloading and the data calls for HS-6 (ain't got any) but I have WIN-540 (got plenty). I know it is always tricky to do powder substitution, but any opinions on these two powders? Thanks...BCB

woody1
02-04-2006, 12:06 PM
They're the same but prob'ly different lots. Regards, Woody

PatMarlin
02-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Hay Woody-

What's "just north of the PRK?"

waksupi
02-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Reference to Oregon, and the neighboring Peoples Republic of Kalifornisatan.

PatMarlin
02-05-2006, 02:43 AM
Talk about a people's republic...

I wanted to attent a logging forestry conference in Eugene the end of this month and they informed me there will be no RV's allowed anywhere in the city of Eugene.. :roll:

There reply to my email was:

"No we don't the City of Eugene doesn't allow RV parking within the City limits."

-not even a name, or "Kiss My Grits from Oregan you Kalifornian"

-not even "there's a poor mans KOA camp outside a town with an outhouse, maybe you can check in".. :mrgreen:

-not even a "why don't ya jist fork over $29 bucks for Motel 6.. we'll keep the light on for ya".. [smilie=p:

WE are talkin' Logging and foresty" right? :roll:

Sorry................ :hijack:

waksupi
02-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Pat, contact the forestry people, and ask about some private land to park on. I have come to hate and detest Chambers of Commerce over the years. I was on the Montana film commisssion years ago. COC's got involved, and pretty much killed the film industry here. They are short sighted, and only concerned about lining thier pockets at the moment, and don't see benificial effects down the road, by a sustainable bit of good will. They are whores.

PatMarlin
02-05-2006, 03:03 AM
Tiz the truth.

Hay Ric- did you work on 'Last Days of the DogMen?"

-so sooory................... :hijack:

waksupi
02-05-2006, 11:42 AM
I did make a few props for Last of the Dogmen, but was never on the set. The best way to deal with the actual movie makers, is payed up front, and from far away. I had a broker I would work through, so seldom was forced into actually dealing with the pink mafia.

PatMarlin
02-05-2006, 11:53 AM
I did make a few props for Last of the Dogmen, but was never on the set. The best way to deal with the actual movie makers, is payed up front, and from far away. I had a broker I would work through, so seldom was forced into actually dealing with the pink mafia.

That's great! I love that movie!

Can I bring my 1895 Marlin up and hunt Elk with you?... ;-)

woody1
02-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Pat, yes Oregon, I'm about 11 mi. S of the prk. I don't know why they continue to have the Logging Conference in Eugene, except it's tradition I guess. I'm surprised the ultra liberal greenie, enviro-terrorist freaks they're putting out at the UO haven't stopped it. After all cutting trees is bad isn't it. Call one of the equipment dealers if there's any left and see if you can park there. Or Walmart. Have you registered and got an entry package yet? There should be some ideas on where to stay in it, I would think. H_ll, I think its been ...well since 1976 was the last one I attended.

By-the-way, I live over on the dry side, away from the liberal, greenie, enviro terrorist freaks on the I-5 corridor.

PatMarlin
02-05-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm not going to Eugene. They've got one in Anderson Ca next week, and I'll go to that one.

We eat liberal, greenie, enviro terrorist freaks up here Woody, so they kinda stay away from these parts.

Don't diegest to well though.. :mrgreen:

Trapshooter
02-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi,
New member here (lurker for years), with some shotgun experience..

Going back to the original topic, I have an older Winchester reloading manual with a number of loads for shotgun (12, 16, and 20) and a few centerfire handgun loads. Let me know what sort of loads you are looking for, and I can either post or PM them to you.

Trapshooter

Cherokee
02-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I have found HS6 and 540 to be interchangable in my pistol loads, but I have been using the same powder lots in both cases. Dufferent powder lots may vary.