PDA

View Full Version : K.I.S.S Bullet Lube

357maximum
02-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Just want state first off, I tried the Felix lube, great stuff once I got the consistency right(for my tastes). Good stuff

I am accused of trying to oversimplify things a lot . So looking at bullet lube we have two parts we have stickum, and we have slickum.

Been playing with another lube recipe that is rather uncomplicated.

recipe
about 80% plain ol yeller beeswax (stick-um)
about 20% pure neatsfoot oil (slick-um)
I unscientifically guessed at percentages (counted lines on coffe can) ,melt wax, stir in oil
end of recipe

Over the past week I have run this through the ol lyman 45 (base heater is a must in the upstairs man-cave this time of year anyway) and shot it on hotrodded P B 125 grain 38 special with no leading. I have pushed it to 1965 fps in my 15 inch encore 357 maximum with a Mountain mold 185 grain gas checked LBT style bullet with no leading. I got a little lead on the patch when cleaning my 444 micro groove shot with near maximum loads with a saeco 265 grain flat point gc, but none was visible in the barrell.
I have summer checked the kiss lube by warming the bullets and rounds in front of the furnace (110 . F), as well as winter checked them by placing in the freezer, so far everything seem A OK. I think this may be a winner. It is simple and so far effective, will know more when I get to try it plain based and pushed hard. (all alloys were 9 to 1 ww/ lino non quenched.

Accuracy wise I did not notice any change from what I was using before.
Just thought I would pass this along

threett1
02-04-2006, 07:00 AM
I hear you on the simplicity thing. One recipe that I got somewhere online-can't remember where now; 5 parts beeswax, 5 parts Crisco, and 1 part canola oil. This works great in my Italian Sharps 40-65 and in my Trapdoors. Also is excellent in my Handi rifle 45-70 with the Gould hollowpoint. The last load uses AA 2230C at about 1450 fps. The others are Swiss and Goex black powder.

Buckshot
02-04-2006, 07:01 AM
.....................That's a lube some of the BPCR guys use.

.................Buckshot

357maximum
02-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I tried the crisco formulas too, but I did not like the way it failed my simulated summer heat test. I simulated summer heat with the binary b.wax and neatsfoot oil and got no "bleeding" the percentages might have been more like 85% wax to 15% oil now that I look at the coffee can in a cold state. Did not take onto consideration the fact that the first line on the can was a little larger distance than the rest of the lines. More testing is needed, but I like the simple nature of the mix, so far it seems like it will work. It took only ten minutes to make which is a big plus also.

Bullshop
02-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Try Speed Green. It couldnt be more KISS friendly.
4oz Bull Plate lube
3/4lb yellow bee wax.
Will not seperate, bleed, run or melt from direct sun/heat. Works from lube sizer at room temp, no heat required.
Has given 3000 FPS with ACWW leaving clean shiney bore, lead free.
Works in extream cold(Alaska) and hot temps for rifles and handgun loads.
The name says it, it was made for speed and I have never found anything better. In fact thats why I made it because I was not satisfied with anything available on the market.

BIC/BS