PDA

View Full Version : Any good gun shops around Cleveland??

218bee
03-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, I'm gonna be stuck in Cleveland, Ohio this week for work and was wondering if anyone knows of a gun shop within say 40-50 miles that might be worth a peek see. By GOOD I mean more used guns than new. I almost always buy used anymore. Reloading and Casting equipt is a plus also. Looking for something to do in evenings and always like "browsing" a new to me Gun Shop. Anyone know of any around the area please let me know.

Firebricker
03-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Take I 71 south to ashland Fin Feather Fur is right off exit. They have a bout everthing. Closed on monday. I like to go in sign over my pay check and fill the cart LOL.
F.B.

DragoonDrake
03-09-2009, 03:51 AM
Stonewall Range at 77 and 82. Take 77S to 82W, second stoplight, make a right, 100 building on the right hand side. #: 440-562-0029. Some primers and powders, no casting stuff; used guns is hit or miss. We can not keep used guns in stuck, they have a shelf life measured in hours.

jonk
03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
In Cleveland itself, no. Within 40-50 miles though, yes.

Google "Log Cabin Gun Shop" if you are in to black powder. They also have some casting stuff.

Atlantic Gun and Tackle has 2 locations with good selections and some reloading stuff, but are usually steep in price.

Stonewall has a good selection of handguns usually and (with all due respect as it appears Dragoon Drake works there) has some stuff at very good prices, some stuff a bit steep. They do have a nice range though.

Atwell's police supply in Painesville has a good selection of mainly handguns.

There are a few others. Unfortunately my 2 favorite places have closed up shop.

DragoonDrake
03-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Jonk don't worry about it. I tell the boss all the time that she charges too much. Then she shows me the bill and then I say we are getting charged too much. Yeah our ammo is a little high depending on who you compare with (Fin, Feather, and Fur can buy a lot more at a time than we can). I have been told that our prices are competitive with other stores, but I don't get out much; side note: our prices are firm, one decision when we started 15yrs ago.

Take care and you don't have to worry about hard feelings (Stonewall = stoneskin ??)