PDA

View Full Version : ordered my equipment

jballs918
02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
well there is no turning back now, i ordered my reloading equipment today. i got a lee kit so i will wait and see what else need with it. hopefully the wife will let me order my moulds also. i cant wait until i get it in i will be busy. mahauahahauahahah

jballs918
02-03-2006, 12:59 PM
eekkk the wife my nix the moulds, i just got my gas check bill lol

David R
02-03-2006, 10:44 PM
:)I don't have a wife. I spend my time & money as I wish :)

Buckshot
02-04-2006, 09:34 AM
................You're done. You're toast! Hang it up, life will never be the same.

....................Buckshot

MGySgt
02-04-2006, 01:36 PM
eekkk the wife my nix the moulds, i just got my gas check bill lol

My wife would rather see me in the Casting Shed then sitting on a bar stool. And my range is in my back yard, so she knows when I buy something new. No complaints so far, but we have only been married 32 years!

Drew

Frank46
02-05-2006, 02:22 AM
You are toast, better seriously think about starting to pick up soda bottles alongside the local roads. Its a good hobby and you won't have to worry about folks bumming ammo off you. Was only kidding about the soda bottles but, we had a guy in our old neiborhood(spelling?) every week before the trash man came to pick up the recyclables and it was probably illegal as heck but that old station wagon would go to the scrap yard all the time with huge plastic bags full of them. I spoke to him and he told me that he netted about $200 every time he went. Thats a lot of soda cans. And thats a lot of bucks. Frank

hpdrifter
02-05-2006, 02:32 AM
I apologise if I had ANYTHING to do with this. I used to think that a boat was a large hole in the water that you threw money into.

Reallynow, cartridges will cost $5 a round instead of $.50. Well at least for a little while. But, being man, it's really just the toys that cost money, the cartridges are almost free. And again, being man, the toys are fun to use, admire, and fiddle with. Making your own STUFF is a gas, of course, being a man.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Murphy
02-05-2006, 01:55 PM
May the God Lord have blessed you with the decision to purchase your first reloading kit. Hopefully it's a Lee 'Hammer Slammer'. The one that comes in a little red box with everything you need except boolits, powder, primer's and a few cases to begin with.

I have long felt a 'newbie' cannot truly appreciate the modern tools of reloading we have today. Not that I'm that old, I'm only 52. Howevery, I have had the pleasure of watching reloading go through the change from single stage presses to Mr. Dillon's wonderful machines.

In the beginning of my formulative years of reloading. I was influenced by the writings of Skeeter Skelton, Bill Jordan and Elmer Keith. I reloaded to 'save' money in those days. Now, more than 2 decades later. I have more money tied up in reloading and casting equipment than I care to say. Enough that just this past fall I gave my best friend enough equipment to set up and start 'rolling his own'.

I've often had to wonder over the past years now. Do I reload so I can shoot more? Or do I shoot more so I can reload?

Remember one thing above all, NEVER be afraid to ask questions. No such thing as a dumb question when it comes to reloading or casting.

Yup...you're toast my friend.

Respectfully,

Murphy