PDA

View Full Version : Range Report with Uberti Cattleman 45 and Encore 45/410

jh45gun
03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Well went to the range today to try out my Uberti and my Encore 45/410 barrel shooting 45 colt loads. Only shot at the 15 yard target and first shot the Uberti like most reports I have read this gun shoots to the left I suspect that is why the first owner got rid of it not knowing about adjusting the barrel for windage so I will take it to my gunsmith and let him regulate the barrel. at 15 yards it was shooting about 6 to 8 inches to the left from point of aim. Gonna have to take it to the gunsmith and have him twist the barrel to get it regulated. The Encore was a supprise it shot very close to aim if I only put the very top of the bead in the bottom of the notch otherwise it shot high so I suspect If I put on a aftermarket set of turkey sights that fit a shotgun rib it will not be bad at all. Considerably better then the stories I have read about so so accuracy with the long 45/410 chamber shooting 45 colt.

KYCaster
03-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I shot my Uberti for the first time today also.

With a 255 RNFP and 6.5 fo Unique it is shooting about one inch left and three ins. below POA at 15 yds. I'll probably file the front sight some to take care of the elevation, but I'll probably try to live with the windage.

Maybe a different weight boolit will help the windage some.

The shop where I found it advertised it as used, but if it's ever been fired I can't tell it. No ring on the cylinder at all and the case colors on the hammer looked new. After about 50 rounds today, the hammer shows a couple of marks where it rubs the frame, so I'm pretty sure I got a cherry...and about $150 less than new ones I've seen in the shops around here.

I'm pretty happy with mine.
Jerry

jh45gun
03-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Sounds like you got the same kinda deal I did on mine. I could tell mine has been shot it was slightly ringed but not much and looked clean otherwise. Since mine is shooting 6 to 8 inches to the left at 15 yards I figure that is why the guy traded it in for one with adjustable sights. :) Just a guess on my part as otherwise it shoots good. Just needs the barrel twisted to get it to shoot to point of aim.

hawkeye1
03-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I too walked out with the Uberti cattleman in 45 Colt. Beautiful pistol and cheaper price than the Vaquero or the Stampede. Took it to the range this week, and it shot as good as it looked. Funny, mine shot left also. about 4 inches at 15-20 yards. Was using 255 gr. flat round nose with Alcan 7. Am going to try Winchester 231 as I have plenty on hand. Any great loads would be appreciated.

good shooting

jh45gun
03-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I am going out again in a few min and go to the range and try again and concentrate on my grip if that does not cure shooting to the left it will go to the gunsmith to get some tweaking to get it to shoot POI.