PDA

View Full Version : Lighting/Mirror System for seeing powder in cases?

FromTheWoods
03-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Would some of you share photos of your set-ups that show your lighting system and/or mirror system you use to see into the cases prior to loading the BOOLIT?

The question has been raised in another thread about the 550B. With all the accessories Dillon has for bells and whistles on their presses, you'd think they'd come up with a $45.00 light/mirror system to attach to their strong mounts! (That way, we could copy it for $7.99!)--I like Dillon products, not bashing them here.

cajun shooter
03-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Go to uniquetek.com and they sell a small light for about $6.00 that goes into the center hole opn your 550. I bought and use it. Or you could do as I did and just start filling the case with a full load of 2F. No light needed.

Netherwolf
03-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Go to uniquetek.com and they sell a small light for about $6.00 that goes into the center hole opn your 550. I bought and use it. Or you could do as I did and just start filling the case with a full load of 2F. No light needed.

RCBS sells a Lock-out die for pistol calibers. It's save my bacon more than a couple of times.
Netherwolf

Gunfixer
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Cajun
How the @$^&& am I supposed to get all that 2F in my 17 REM?

FromTheWoods
03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Yes, the Lockout die would suit their safety ideals a tad better than would a little mirror!

I asked that others post photos because some of us do use the mirror system, and others would like to see the mechanics of people's set-ups.

Gunfixer--Use your Noggin'; I'm sure you'll get it in there somehow! Maybe take a dremel tool to each case, drill a good-sized hole in the side of each, fill with powder, seal with duct tape. It still should go BANG!