PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Lubrisizer?

Kawfeegod
03-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Ok, I have waaaaaaaay too much time on my hands and was considering building a lubrisizer. I know I can BUY a star for about $350, but this is more just for the fun of it to see how far I can take it. I have a machine shop, complete with CNC and am well versed in their use. I think it would be cool to have it fully automated and am planning on going pneumatic to accomplish this. Here is my question, has any one done this before? Any good links to examples of frankensteined machines?

madman
03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I saw one I think it was on youtube. It worked great in the video. it was air controlled. I' was so impressed that I have purchased a Saeco from a member and the cylinders and manual lever & valving to set one up on my own. the only thing about the star set up I saw had an auto feeder attached to it. If I find it I'll give you the link I have recently added a huge hard drive and I have moved my files to it and they are all over the place. I have to build the manual set up first and then figure out the computer program to run it in auto mode.

Firebird
03-06-2009, 11:19 PM
There's a thread (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=44403) over in Casting Equipment from LeeW who motorized his Star. Several video's available, first try without bullet feeder and second try that had the bullet feeder working. I believe there are several other older threads about motorizing lubers in that forum if you want to search for them.

Shiloh
03-07-2009, 12:34 AM
I envy your equipment and skills to work them.:wink:

I'd like to see pics of what you come up with. It sounds like a challenge, yet a lot of fun!!

Shiloh

Kawfeegod
03-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Here is what I originally had planned. Take a cheap lyman press and use the lee lube and size dies. Automate the shaft to force the boolit throught the die. Then I decided to add a boolit feeder and now I am thinking a lube pump as well. Now, I am thinking about maybe using star dies and turning the whole thing upside down to make life easier. The really cool thing is that in our shop we regularly make air cylinders for our product, so I can pretty much custom make what ?I need. Our stock unit produuces 1200 pounds of pressure, which I think might be a little extreme. I have a clear picture in my head of what needs to be done. Of course I will waaaay over think it and have all sorts of set backs, but hey thats what makes it fun. I will post pics of my progress and probably start a thread in special projects when I get going.