PDA

View Full Version : gun control survey

hiram
03-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. It will only take a few seconds of your time. Then pass the link on to all the pro gun
folks you know. Hopefully these results will be published later this
month. This upcoming year will become critical for gun owners with the
Supreme Court accepting the District of Columbia case against the right
for individuals to bear arms.

First - vote on this one.
Second - launch it to other folks and have THEM vote - then we will see if the results get published.
Vote in the USA Today poll - click on the link below.
The Question is:
Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?

Vote here:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

jim4065
03-06-2009, 11:09 AM
96% to 3% in our favor so far.

ozzy1038
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
What a stupid question! I answered it anyway. ;-)

AZ-Stew
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
This is an old survey. It's been floating around for months.

The real answer is "No". According to the Founders, God gave us the rights, the Constitution and Bill of Rights merely recognize them and guarantee them against government medling.

Regards,

Stew

R.C. Hatter
03-06-2009, 06:38 PM
No matter how old the thing is, we as gun owners and proponents of our 2nd Amendment rights, should vote in the survey anyhow. Somebody someplace, maybe one of the bad guys, might see it and delay some cockamany anti-gun legislation. If they see overwhelming numbers against their view, they might just back off for awhile.

walltube
03-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Hello Hiram,

Thank you for posting the link. As AZStew says, this an old survey.

That said, and not to hi-jack your thread or make small of your post; there are two very important, vital words missing from the question. Namely: "to keep". Without 'to keep' our 2nd Amendment is trivialised and "only, partially" emasculated. This is S.O.P. with our marvelous Main Scream Media.

Without 'keep', 'bear' is worthless. The "You-Know-Who" will keep our arms in 'safe keeping' for us, and then Y-K-W will tell us to fark-off when we want to 'bear'. I am sure you get my point.

S'ok, moderators, if I've come across as poltical here, please be gentle with me... :)

357maximum
03-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Mr Walltube

The following is how I see it and is MY OPINION ON THE MATTER

I realize that we are never going to keep all political leanings out of the general areas. Our very means of recreation is too tightly entwined with RTKBA ..some is going to spill over from time to time. I am as guilty of it as anyone:twisted:. Sometimes when you make a good stew or soup you are going to spill a bit on the stove, it is when a feller intentionally tips the pot over making a large mess, that is when we have to get involved in the clean-up effort.

Michael

Firebricker
03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I just took survey vote. Now we need to get anyone in that %96 thats not a voter to get registered.

walltube
03-07-2009, 01:04 AM
96% of respondents support to not keep their firearms. :confused: WHY? :confused:

What the Framers said: "to keep". 'To keep' means to own, to possess, as in private property; a fundamental, inalienable right. Not a privilege. What is so bloody appealing about surrendering your lawfully owned arms to some gov't. geek? Then believe you can "..bear.." them too?

These bogus polls are to free men (Chicks too ;) ) what a Venus flytrap is to, Ya know, a fly.

357Max,

Thanks for not pillorying me.. :) My efforts here are to draw attention to the Main Scream Media's never ending campaign to corrupt our Documents with lies, half truths and innuendo.

Have I mentioned Media polls are deceitfull?

O.K., time for another well earned celebratory "Redhook" brand ESB ale.

Now, Ya'll be wary of the Tinsel Fairy. She be lookin' at you..:mrgreen:

Harold aka walltube