PDA

View Full Version : Any One Here Ever Try To Make .......

Rick459
03-05-2009, 09:50 PM
there RCBS lubamatic into a push through nose down sizer. is it at all possiable??

Rick

mikenbarb
03-06-2009, 12:35 AM
I did it with a Lyman 45 and it works fine for WC's. I would imagine it would be about the same idea with the RCBS.

mtgrs737
03-06-2009, 12:45 AM
The only problem I can see is that the lube would tend to squirt out the die holes between boolits if you don't back off the lube pressure screw in between boolits. You would need a non-ratcheting lube wrench to do that, but a 1/4" box end wrench should fit the stem. You also may need to find a way to plug any unneeded lube die holes off, but you could short drill them and use lead shot like star does.

HeavyMetal
03-06-2009, 01:40 AM
The problem with making the RCBS or Lyman a push through is all the linkage on the bottom for the return plunger.

This stuff gets in the way and hinders production, so they'll never be as fast as a Star.

Lead shot in the unused hole's in the sizer die works well just make sure they are flush with the die body before you return it to the sizer.

The end wrench is what I used when I converted my old 45 to a push through. Basiclly insert boolit, push down, twist lube handle clock wise then counter clockwise, add another boolit and repeat!

The trick is figuring out how to catch the boolit being pushed out the bottom and keep it from hitting anything like the floor!

Once I realized the potential I ante'd up and bought my firat Star then life was easier.