PDA

View Full Version : Help with RCBS LAM II

juanvaldez
03-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi, having trouble with my LAM II. I can't seem to build any pressure in the lube resevoir. Can't force any lube in the grooves of the bullets I am sizing the. The lube plunger turns with the pressure screw instead of traveling down and forcing lube into the sizing die. I know it must be something simple but I'm missing it and it is very maddening!! Any help much appreciated.

hicard
03-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Might need to buy a larger dia. o-ring to seal the plunger against the sides of the lube tube more forcefully.

juanvaldez
03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Is it just the O ring that stops the plunger from just spinning in place?

mikenbarb
03-05-2009, 10:41 PM
If your heating your luber it may be too hot to grab the lube properly to keep it from spinning. I had the same problem and turned my heater down and it solved the problem. It could also be bad o-rings on the plunger disc. Also make sure the o-rings are clean so it grabs the tube wall with no lube on them when you put it back in.

Rick459
03-05-2009, 11:20 PM
pull the plunger and see if there is anything like dirt or hardened lube plugging up the threads. look at the "o" rings and see if they look worn look at the threaded stem. check all threads for stripping.

Rick

cohutt
03-06-2009, 07:28 AM
I've only had that problem when the lube has been over heated. I thought i was out of lube, then was surprised when I pulled it and there was still 1/3 a stick. it was almost liquid it was so warm, so i replaced the plunger, removed the heat source and chilled for a while.
Worked like a charm again after 30 minutes or so.