PDA

View Full Version : Sig-sauer p6

Doug Bowser
03-05-2009, 01:38 PM
I have never been impressed with 9x19 mm Service grade pistols. My friend bought a West German P6 pistol and asked me to reload a few rounds and test the pistol for accuracy. I am impressed with the fit of the barrel to the slide and the single action trigger pull. The double action pull is better tha many service grade semi-auto pistols.

I loaded Federal cases, 5.6 gr Unique, 90 gr WW SP bullet and a Federal small pistol primer. I fired the pistol at 15 yards from standing with 2 hands and with one hand. I started the firing with the hammer cocked. The target is the NRA B-8 timed and rapid fire target.

In the photo below, the two handed group is 9's at 9 o"Clock, 8:30 and 6 O'clock and 2 tens at 8:00. Duration of firing 3 to 4 seconds

The one handed group are 4 tens at 5 and 3 o"clock and the X, Duration of fire 3 to 4 seconds. All firing was done with center hold. I never could shoot 2 handed as well as one handed. I am an OLDE Bullseye pistol shooter and to put another hand on a handgun seems unnatural. I am really impressed with this handgun and the way it functions and especially the accuracy level it shows.

MtGun44
03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Decent self defense pistol if you like minor caliber. Mine is
dead reliable, well made, reasonably accurate but no target pistol.

Good prices when I bought mine, climbing now. Good, hi quality example of a
std dbl action semiauto.

Mine is most accurate with .357" cast, no leading.

Bill

9.3X62AL
03-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Ditto to Mtn Gun's text. We have two SIG 9mm pistols here, and both are excellent service sidearms. If ya put REAL 9mm ammo in them--125 grainers at 1250 FPS--they become a LOT BETTER at defensive roles than the down-loaded typical USA-sourced ammunition. Speer Lawman +P comes to mind here, that's what fills our P-226 and P-228. "+P" and "+P+" are misnomers, BTW--what is so labeled in this country is simply USA ammo FINALLY loaded to European (and original) standard pressures. More ammo-maker and gunhack bullsquat.

DON'T get me started on the vaunted 147 grain Sub-Sonic FBI-approved Sub-Effective ammo. Just more ballistic doublespeak from people who don't get shot at for a living, but who dictate policy to those who do. PROPELLER-HATS, EVERY ONE OF THEM. Real guns carried in the real world deserve real ammunition. So do their users.

Rant concluded, and we return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

FN in MT
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Doug....Welcome to the 21st Century! Take alook at some of the new auto's out there...You may surprise yourself and end up wanting one.

9.3x62.... Man! Tell us how You feel. LOL. Don't badmouth the 147 gr nine ammo. It sure as hell seemed to work better than the 115 gr early issue ammo we used. The WW black talon/ranger 147 worked pretty well. But I do agree the faster 125 gr traditional Euro nine IS a hell of a lot better than the near sub sonic US ammo we had years ago.

FN in MT

Herb in Pa
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I shoot the 147's so as not to disturb anybody...............

Doug Bowser
03-06-2009, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=FN in MT;513278]Doug....Welcome to the 21st Century! Take alook at some of the new auto's out there...You may surprise yourself and end up wanting one.

I like the P6 because it is all metal. I would never buy a polymer framed handgun. I prefer the 1911 to the P6 but I can buy a P6 for about $250 and the way it shoots it is a bargain.

At thios time, I only have target handguns but a good service auto is in my future,