PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Lube cutter

brennemanj83
03-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Doe sanybody know where I buy bullet lube cookie cutters like the old Lee?

Capn Jack
03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
I just dip the bullets, then use a cartridge case with the primer end cut off to trim the lube.[smilie=1:

Primative, but effective. :twisted:

cbrick
03-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I do as absolute little pan lubing as I can get away with but when I do I use a fired un-sized case (so its expanded) of the correct caliber with the head cut off, just like Capn Jack does. :coffee: I also sharpen the case mouth with a deburring/chamfer tool,

Rick

Capn Jack
03-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Thanks Rick,

I forgot to add about champhering the case mouth.[smilie=1:

Later I did the same thing to size spuds for a pneumatic cannon only I used a sharpened tailpipe adapter.:mrgreen:

PS. Set those lubed bullets on some waxed paper as you'll never get the lube off of the counter top

Rick The 310 Shop guy
03-04-2009, 11:59 PM
I make a copy of the old Ideal/Lyman Kake Kutter in any size you want. Check out my web-site www.the310shop.com
Take care, Rick

Green Frog
03-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Rick,

Do you have the Kake Kutter made up in .32-40 and in stock? Is it aluminum like the old, original Lymans?

Also, while I have you, did you get my e-mail about the expander plug for your .32-40 die set? I'd like to get that set up and running too.

Contact me off-forum if you wish @ gfrog53 AT yahoo DOT com (you know how to "fix" the address!)

Regards,
Charlie
Green Frog

cohutt
03-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Use a shaft from a golf club.

Capn Jack
03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Cohutt, :mrgreen:
I picked up a "Stepped Shaft" golf club at Goodwill for $1.15 yesterday.:-D I can't wait to start chopping it up. :twisted:
Then I'm going to bore out a .459 bullet sizer. The lathe has just been sitting there doing nothing.

Ben
03-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Does anybody know where I buy bullet lube cookie cutters like the old Lee?

You might want to take a look at this :

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=34058

13Echo
03-14-2009, 09:49 AM
It's actually easier to push the bullets out than it is to use a "cake cutter". use an aluminum or plastic flat bottom pan. When the lube cake cools and pulls away from the sides of the pan dump the cake out on a thick, folded towel. Turn it back over and resting on the towel then push each bullet's nose to break it loose in the cake. Pick the cake up and push the bullets out. Faster, neater, and less messy than the cutter. At least for me it is. I tried the "cake cutter" and really didn't like it and would rather use a lubersizer than a cutter./

Jerry Liles

Capn Jack
03-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Interesting.:coffee:
I've never poured lube into a pan of standing bullets. :-? I've always just used a set of the wife's old "Eye Lash" tweezers and dipped them, then left them to stand on a piece of waxed paper.[smilie=1: When they've hardened, I cut them clean using an old cartridge case with the base cut off of it. I wrap the primer end of the case with friction tape to give me a grip. I guess I'm just not into mass production. :mrgreen: Casting bullets is a "Hobby" that helps keep the cost of my other "Hobby" down.:Fire: :twisted: