PDA

View Full Version : Ask Deputy Al about Burrito Tuesday

Buckshot
02-01-2006, 03:55 AM
..............Actually, I think it was generally a pretty desent day for him overall, but you might ask about the match. We shot them steenking peestols, heh, heh.

..................Buckshot

Four Fingers of Death
02-01-2006, 04:01 AM
Nothin wrong with those steenking pistolas senor' especially if they got rilly big oles in the barrrrel.

ammohead
02-01-2006, 08:57 AM
..............Actually, I think it was generally a pretty desent day for him overall, but you might ask about the match. We shot them steenking peestols, heh, heh.

..................Buckshot

OK, I'll bite.

Hey Al. How'd the match go yesterday?

ammohead

waksupi
02-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Estimado Al, the details please.

woody1
02-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Inquiring minds want to know......................

Buckshot
02-02-2006, 01:57 AM
...............I guess he's hiding out :-)

...............Buckshot

9.3X62AL
02-02-2006, 02:26 AM
No--not hiding out, just doing other stuff prior to next week's little outpatient adventure.

In 25 words or less--Buckshot whupped me soundly--by 8 points, the scandalous scam-running no-account quasi-Bolshevik drain clog.

You may ask--why such harsh terminology to describe our esteemed machinist-in-bloom? NO, not because he won the match--not at all. He's done this before with side-irons, so that's not an issue at all. IT'S HIS INSISTENCE THAT HE HAS SO LITTLE USE FOR PISTOLS--in contrast to his obvious skill with them. Total scam.

Yesterday's shooting confirms that Buckshot is easily as skillful with the short guns as he is with those fusils of his that reach 10% of the way to the target. GET THIS--just as he arrives, I'm blasting away with the Model 16-4, and having a fine time ringing a little swinger target I set at 50 yards just to warm up with. Boy, that revolver sure likes the Lyman #313631's @ .314"--as well or maybe better than the RCBS 98 SWC, which it dotes on. Not quite as good with the MMSFT (Mountain Molds Short Fat Thirty), a LFN sort of critter weighing 118 grains, but it still has possibilities. Anyway, I'm hitting between 2 and 4 out of a cylinder-full right along, this on the 3.5" round plate at the 50. I offer Buckshot a cylinder-full to try, advising to hold 6 o'clock......first shot, WHANG! Yeah, you dislike revolvers, all right......this motivated me to try some double-action work at 50, which went about 20%-30% hit rate.

I should have done a better sight check before the match started, but decided to just hold a little low at the 25 yard paper targets, and let drive. The group wasn't too bad, just 3" higher than it should have been. Just like carpentry, that--measure once, cut twice--measure twice cut once.

Anyway--if Buckshot starts his "I'm no good with handguns" mantra, be advised to sprout wings or don hip boots--because the BS gets deep in a hurry.

Frank46
02-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Al, I'm inclined to say that wings ain't gonna work and that hip boots may become a fashion statement. At least in Buckshots case. Frank