PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

BIGGUNGOBOOM
03-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Just wanted to say hello, long time reloader, and caster, also long time watcher of this nice site. hope to learn more and possibly help other out as well.

Boom

gon2shoot
03-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Welcome [smilie=s:

There's a bunch of great folks here and always room for one more.

sav300
03-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Welcome from downunder.

blackthorn
03-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Welcome from Canada.

44man
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the best site there is! Why did you stay away so long?
Biggungoboom means you must tell us about your big guns too.

Echo
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Welcome from sunny AZ. If you have been lurking for a while, you realize this is the best boarb on the net. And we are all learning...

dromia
03-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Welcome aboard from staff and the UK. :-D:drinks::-D:castmine:

mooman76
03-03-2009, 10:38 PM
What took you so long? Still glad to have ya and a big welcome. Looking forward to you questions and contributions!

Recluse
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
also long time watcher of this nice site.

Boom

Know that feeling. You don't wanna know how long I lurked around here and Shooters.com before I finally "joined the family."

A finer group of shootists, purists, masters of the Silver Stream and all around 100% top-shelf folks you simply will not meet. Guaranteed.

So welcome, from another long-time watcher.

:coffee:

BIGGUNGOBOOM
03-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Welcome to the best site there is! Why did you stay away so long?
Biggungoboom means you must tell us about your big guns too.

Honestly I don't know why I haven't really registered until now. I have been involved with two other forums for several years. and Finally I decided to join up here. mainly because I decided to get back into casting and playing with strange and weird loads.

My gun interests are quite strange, I like large magnum handguns and wildcat rounds. Right now I am focusing on casting for my BFR in 500 S&W and my 454 Casull, along with my 7mm TCU. I shoot a heck of alot of 44 mag and am a big Kieth bullet kinda guy. I also like 30 caliber Rifles very much
I am also starting to cast for Rifles. but mainly am a Revolver and wildcat guy.

Thanks for the great welcome.
BOOM
:mrgreen:

Slow Elk 45/70
03-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Hullo, BigGun, Glad you decided to join, I to spent several years watching , not commenting, and I also belong to other sites. This is the best place for the things I like and it sounds like you will enjoy it also, lots of good people and always seem ready to help others.

Welcome! :redneck: :cbpour: :Fire: :Fire: :Fire:

44man
03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Honestly I don't know why I haven't really registered until now. I have been involved with two other forums for several years. and Finally I decided to join up here. mainly because I decided to get back into casting and playing with strange and weird loads.

My gun interests are quite strange, I like large magnum handguns and wildcat rounds. Right now I am focusing on casting for my BFR in 500 S&W and my 454 Casull, along with my 7mm TCU. I shoot a heck of alot of 44 mag and am a big Kieth bullet kinda guy. I also like 30 caliber Rifles very much
I am also starting to cast for Rifles. but mainly am a Revolver and wildcat guy.

Thanks for the great welcome.
BOOM
:mrgreen:
Not strange at all. My revolvers just start at the .44 also. I have the BFR .475 and 45-70.
I want to know how the BFR .500 shoots and your best loads for the .454 for friends that have it.
I don't like the .454 much but hope to get the .500 some day. My revolvers are for hunting deer. I need something bigger for those nasty chipmunks! :Fire:

9.3X62AL
03-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey, BGGB--good seein' ya here. Right good folks here, for sure.

R.C. Hatter
03-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the forum, there is always room for one more. You'll find a lot of nice, friendly, & helpful folks here.

454PB
03-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Welcome!

I like your taste in firearms.

EMC45
03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Welcome Sir.

theperfessor
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Welcome BGGB. I've learned a ton of things since joining this site and have shared what little I know with others through here. Have picked up many tips and tricks as well as learning what products work and how well (or poorly) they perform, including some products that aren't advertised in regular media (gun rags and such). Bullplate lube, for example, is a real godsend for casting using aluminum molds, and I didn't find out about it until I joined up here.

More than a few opinions shared here also, not all of which I agree with, but generally offered in a generous spirit and with lively but respectful debate. I think the moderators do a good job in policing site to prevent useless flame wars and personal diatribes.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and feel free to contribute to all discussions.

Tom Herman
03-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm a big fan of Keith style bullets as well...

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

BIGGUNGOBOOM
03-11-2009, 03:38 AM
thanks for the welcome fellas, its nice. NOW the lingering question, mostly for the 44 mag fellas. but what is your favorite load with the 250 Kieth GC boolit ????? Ive been messing around with 2400, thought about H110, but I am always open to others advice.

Down South
03-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Welcome from Louisiana.

44man
03-11-2009, 08:43 AM
thanks for the welcome fellas, its nice. NOW the lingering question, mostly for the 44 mag fellas. but what is your favorite load with the 250 Kieth GC boolit ????? Ive been messing around with 2400, thought about H110, but I am always open to others advice.
Either powder is good but I like 296 better for the .44. H110 and 296 are essentially the same powders with a tad difference in burn rate
Today they may be the same since Hodgdon packages both.
I think you might find the best accuracy at around 22.5 gr of H110.
Be sure to test a standard primer with it too.

SharpsShooter
03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
For years, I loaded 22gr of 2400 with a 250gr Keith And lit it off with a CCI mag primer. Stout load and shot well too, but H110 gave good performance and the empty cases almost fall out of the gun.

You are in good company with the group that believe handgun calibers should start with a"4".

30 caliber rifles need a sufix ie. "06" "40" or even "30". I am a huge fan of the 30-40 Krag, with the "06" a distant second runner up. Must be getting old, but those 30 calibers that have half the alphabet after the number and require a little orphan annie decoder ring to decipher just don't inspire me.

Welcome to the forum...we'll treat you so many different ways you're bound to like one of em.:-D

SS

Recluse
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
You are in good company with the group that believe handgun calibers should start with a"4".

30 caliber rifles need a sufix ie. "06" "40" or even "30". I am a huge fan of the 30-40 Krag, with the "06" a distant second runner up. Must be getting old, but those 30 calibers that have half the alphabet after the number and require a little orphan annie decoder ring to decipher just don't inspire me.

SS

I'd agree with the first statement except that it would, unfortunately, include the 40S&W, of which I still refuse to own even though I have a dumptruck load of empty brass for. I have caught myself wavering, however, from time to time. A quick phone call to a couple of lifelong old shooting buddies cures that wavering.

I might even amend the statement to include "or ends with the word Magnum" so as to include my beloved .357 Magnum. So far as rifle calibers that end with multile strings of the alphabet, they can have 'em. So long as the caliber starts with at least a .30 and ends with a 30 (30-30) or 8 (.308) or 06 (30-06) or 3 (.303) or larger, I'm completely good with it.

Nothing against the smaller calibre rifles--they're fun and pleasant to shoot. I'm just a traditionalist and purist, I guess. I appreciate all fine firearms--just some more than others.

:coffee: