PDA

View Full Version : CZ-82 Trigger smacking trigger finger

TCLouis
03-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Today I was shooting a (actually 3) CZ-82 and every time I fired the trigger would smack my finger pretty good.
Is this a result of the blow back action, or some sort of trigger reset issue?
Two of the three seemed to be worse all were uncomfortable and made me start dreading the feel of it as I squeezed the trigger for the shot.
Shooting with a light cotton glove stopped it, but it was pretty sharp slap to the fingertip otherwise. Kinda opened up some groups until I came back to the house and got the glove.

Any ideas appreciated.

As an aside, I read at least one post here where the shooter was shooting cast boolit out of this gun . . . so what is the story since it is polygonal rifling?

On the positive side the 115 grain RNFP GC with 11.5 of #105 shot really well out of my 1917 Cast boolit gun just plinkin. Too cold without a coat to shoot real serious.

Kuato
03-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Hmmm. Never had that happen to me with mine. What loads are you shooting?

Shepherd2
03-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I've shot mine quite a bit and never had that happen. I've shot both factory and cast in mine.

montana_charlie
03-02-2009, 12:15 PM
That pistol has a double-action trigger which has to return to it's forward position during cycling. (Of course, you know all of that.)
If your finger is resting on the trigger so lightly that it loses contact during recoil, the trigger's sudden return to it's forward position might make sharp contact with your finger.

If your trigger squeeze ends with you holding the trigger back against it's stop, it won't move forward until you release it. That should eliminate the 'slap'...doncha ya think?
CM

Kuato
03-02-2009, 06:08 PM
the trigger shouldn't return "all" the way forward as it's not a DA only pistol.. But Charlie has a point as far as holding the trigger through the firing cycle.

TCLouis
03-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Kuato

I am shooting some plain Jane "Wolf" or one of the "Bears", whatever I could find that was actually available for the MAK caliber pistolas.

If I can get home early enough tomorrow night I will shoot 4-5 rounds with concentrated effort on just keeping my finger on the trigger. I am a wheel or single shot pistol person so the old fashioned semi-automatic design is new to me.

All three shot better than I did, especially when they got to slapping the fire out of the tip of my trigger finger.

I think I will also add Wolf recoil springs to control the brass slinging a little bit