PDA

View Full Version : Wild West Bighorn Sheep report

ammohead
01-31-2006, 12:05 AM
To the north of Winnemucca about 45 miles or so lay the Santa Rosa Mountains. A couple of years ago the desert bighorn sheep that inhabit the mountain had a huge die off. 100+ bighorns died from an as yet undetermined cause. I heard today that they are still not doing very well.

But the sheep on Brokeback Mountain are FABULOUS!!!

ammohead

9.3X62AL
02-01-2006, 01:13 PM
The 8 Oscar nominations for "Brokeback Mountain" says more about Hollywood than anything we can muster. Haven't seen the film, and I don't care to. "Open Range" or "The Outlaw Josey Wales" is more my style.

woody1
02-01-2006, 02:27 PM
The 8 Oscar nominations for "Brokeback Mountain" says more about Hollywood than anything we can muster. Haven't seen the film, and I don't care to. "Open Range" or "The Outlaw Josey Wales" is more my style.

YUP! Don't believe I'll see it eithr. Regards, Woody

KCSO
02-01-2006, 02:54 PM
John Wayne is probably afraid to roll over in his grave.

MTWeatherman
02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
It's always risky talking about sheep on this board. No, I have no desire to see the movie either. Think a lot of its appeal to the Hollywood crowd is the shock appeal of taking the macho cowboy image and making homosexuality a part of it.

Montana is renowned for its Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep population. However, they require close monitoring because they are prone to a viral pneumonia type infection which can decimate the herd. Once it starts it just runs its course...prevention is the only hope for control. There is evidence that some of these outbreaks are transmitted from domestic sheep...so an effort is made by public land managers to segregate them.

Would guess that something similar happened to those desert bighorns.

StarMetal
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
That's because those hollywood types are ***** mongrels and homosexuals to start with. They sleep around worse then a tom cat.

Joe

KevMT
02-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Along the same lines,

The paper has made much hoopla over some author that wrote a book which was promoted by "Oprah" only to be found a fraud later. Seems everyone, including Oprah is now upset over being lied to after reading someing that was allegedly based on the "truth." I really don't see waht all of the indignity is about on the part of the intellegencia. After all Michael Moore can publish a completely dishonest and distorted movie and recieve awards for "best documentary".
It seems the standards are all ready well known.
Kev

carpetman
02-03-2006, 01:39 PM
I always thought it would be funny if Alex Haley---the author of Roots did all the family tree tracing and found out later he was adopted.