PDA

View Full Version : Ebay sellers

Flash
03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't know about anyone else but those guys really get under my skin. Molds in great condition that are covered with rust. Garbage becomes a fine antique specimen. There's one guy who claims a 358311 is from the American Indian Wars. [smilie=1: Anyone here ever read that nonsense? One guy last week tried to pass a handful of suppository molds as long, high powered rifle bullet molds. Two and a half inches long!

HeavyMetal
03-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Most of these guys are trying to make a buck!

I have seen them here in Calif. going from yard sale to yard sale looking for "vintage" items.

Most of the time they have no clue what they have. As an example I bought a hammer mold last yr, the gal in florida that it was a casting pot (!) and advertised as such!

It was mine for $50.00! Having some knowledge would have helped her post it better, but in all honesty I think she got a fair price for it.

Some time these guys ask way to much for something, as an example I've been watching an H&G hollow point mold on Gun broker for a month or so he has a $300 plus reserve on it!

Some fella keeps bidding the thing a 50! I think he's trying to send a message but the light is out at the other end of the tunnel!

Yes it's entertaining to read some of the descriptions and see how inept some of the sellers are at finding out what they have!

What I really like is the seller that posts a mold for sale and only shows the outside of the mold! When asked for inside pic's they are either to blurred to tell what your looking at or his computer "crashed".

I gues they think the market is pretty stupid as you can't respond to an e mail with a "crashed" computer. I have never been able to anyway!

Please note some do indeed have rare and hard to find items others just think they do.

Buyer beware is still the best by word on any auction site.

bbs70
03-01-2009, 01:00 PM
How about this one.:roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1LB-99-PURE-LEAD-PB-BAR-INGOTS-BULLION-SILVER_W0QQitemZ350169858923QQihZ022QQcategoryZ336 1QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mdi
03-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Wow! I knew lead was getting hard to get but as a Precious Metal investment? Too much...

It's not just the sellers on Ebay, the buyers aren't very bright either. I've seen Lee Loaders (the kind used with a mallet) go for over $30, when new they are less than $20 at Natchez or Midsouth. I've seen dies go for nearly twice what they sell for normally at on line dealers. Same with bullet molds. Way, Way over priced. The sellers call an item "vintage" and double the price! Unfortunatly some boob will pay that much for it.

PolarWolf
03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
You all assume the bidders on this stuff are actually in north america and in an as easy position as you are to obtain this stuff against the prices you're used to. Well, I'd wager a good portion of the high selling price stuff finds its way overseas as casting gear, and especially more or less special moulds are hard to come by in the calibers wanted and/or very expensive. Most online stores who carry the stuff we need don't ship abroad, or against a cost prohibitive rate as most really don't want to deal with overseas customers. eBay is a great help for us, to be honest. It's still cheaper to buy through eBay against prices which are twice as high as regular US retail than finding the required item locally. And if you do, the thing costs a fortune.

Flash
03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1LB-99-PURE-LEAD-PB-BAR-INGOTS-BULLION-SILVER_W0QQitemZ350169858923QQihZ022QQcategoryZ336 1QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think i'm going to print that page to show the Mrs. how its wise to hoard lead.[smilie=1:

supv26
03-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I know this gets under some skin but these guys are just selling and no one is twisting anyone's arm to bid. We have been selling on ebay since they began and I have been on Gunbroker since ebay quit guns. Granted, we have listed a few things priced way out in outer space. But you know what? We have sold some things with those prices. And then we have listed things for hardly nothing and they have sold for thousands! It's a funny market and people are going to bid on stuff.

bbs70
03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I agree that no one is twisting anyone's arm to buy.
If someone wants to pay the asking price, then that is their business.

Where I draw the line is when someone makes misleading statements to get someone to buy.

Flash
03-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I agree that no one is twisting anyone's arm to buy.
If someone wants to pay the asking price, then that is their business.

Where I draw the line is when someone makes misleading statements to get someone to buy.

You got it!!

ihuntbuck
03-01-2009, 05:16 PM
when i bought my reloading set up at an estate auction i bought way more stuff than i would ever need and the items i have resold on ebay have all brought new price or more and every item was started a 99 cents. also every time i have listed reloading item on ebay foriegners have begged me to ship to them.i did ship one bullet mold to france but it was a major pain so that was my one and only time.i would definately say ebay is not the place for thrifty americans to get a deal but if you have something to sell it is definately a sellers market.....

badgeredd
03-01-2009, 05:17 PM
You all assume the bidders on this stuff are actually in north america and in an as easy position as you are to obtain this stuff against the prices you're used to. Well, I'd wager a good portion of the high selling price stuff finds its way overseas as casting gear, and especially more or less special moulds are hard to come by in the calibers wanted and/or very expensive. Most online stores who carry the stuff we need don't ship abroad, or against a cost prohibitive rate as most really don't want to deal with overseas customers. eBay is a great help for us, to be honest. It's still cheaper to buy through eBay against prices which are twice as high as regular US retail than finding the required item locally. And if you do, the thing costs a fortune.

That is a point of view I hadn't thought about.

I know I've seen some current molds go for high prices, but I am also amused by some of the descriptions. I have been watching for a particular "out of production" mold and have seen it go for extreme amounts and then the next week go for what I'd call reasonable prices. Like most everyone has said, it is customer driven. I seriously doubt the really high prices are a result of shell bids, although I do believe some of that has gone on too.

Edd

Red River Rick
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
"E-Bay Sucks"

At one time they were pretty good. A person could get some really good deals. However, that has changed and everything has gone for "POO".

RRR

klcarroll
03-01-2009, 05:39 PM
"E-Bay Sucks"

Well, ......Maybe it does, ...and then again maybe it's how you use it!

Twenty minutes ago I bought a pair of Lyman slug molds, WITH handles, for an average price of $24 each: .......Sure, they were both missing the hollow base plug, .....but I own a lathe, and I can make that piece in a heartbeat!

......So for today anyway, Ebay doesn't suck. (At least as seen from my chair! LOL)

Kent

Ole
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I've got some killer deals on there in the past month or so on solder.

But I agree for the most part, ebaY is a rip off.

TC66
03-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I think all of us should go on this eBay listing and ask if local pickup is available if we buy 500 lbs. Just yank his chain :kidding:as much as he is yanking others chains.

Gunslinger
03-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Ha ha I kinda like this guy. Maybe I should try selling slightly deform range scrap bullets at 3$ a pop... calling them "Collectors item WW2 bullets" - picked up at normandy by my grandfather [smilie=1:

oldtoolsniper
03-01-2009, 06:39 PM
It’s ok… Don’t worry….The Government will step in soon and EBay will be all better. Until then it’s up to you and you alone to have the self discipline not to bid when it’s to high and to educate yourself on what you are bidding on and the items value. There are no guarantees at auctions, be they EBay or the ones I went to here in Iowa this week-end. Knowledge is power, but don’t worry the Government will be here soon to make it all fair. Look at all the taxes they are missing out on, “yes sir” they’ll be coming to make it all fair.

cephas53
03-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Went and looked at the lead, then clicked on their main page and up came other suggestions for valuable metal. I looked at this one and couldn't believe it. 100 ounce of silver bullion for a buy it now price of 5 grand. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=110349080964&Category=39489 Last time I looked the spot price of silver was around $13 an ounce. That probably means at the local coin guy I guess it'd go round $1500. I can understand bidders getting out of hand but this is a blatant rip off. Sorry but this just really rubbed me the wrong way.

randyrat
03-01-2009, 08:48 PM
The free market system works good. I'm sure glad there are no price freezes on Ebay. Maybe our fearless leader will come up with some sort of Fare Trade so you can't make Too much on anything.
Guys don't get made at me, but if you can buy an item for $.02 and sell it for $50 i'm happy for you. No, i'm not jealous, or mad at you. Chances are i won't buy it, but i may be selling it:-D cheaper than you can buy it elswhere.
There's a sucker born............
There has been times were i bought things on web sites that i know are cheaper somewhere else, but it was there at the moment AND I NEEDED IT NOW.
They prayed off my weakness and i know it and loved it. Sometimes it was the allur of shipping right to my door, with no driving to get it.
Sorry guys, but i can't complain about another business, they do their thing and i do mine.
We don't want to live in a controlled society. I'm a freebird and always will be. Be aware what you wish for.

anachronism
03-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Go to Gunbroker & do a search for "primers". The results will astonish you.

oldtoolsniper
03-01-2009, 09:09 PM
See that to me is funny. I just bought winchester sm and lg primers in both rifle and pistol at $26.00/1000. Guess I better buy all in the morning and get in on the free market and make some cash!

Heavy lead
03-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Maybe Wall Street needs to take a lesson here.
Let's put up Ford, GM, BOA, CITI up on Ebay, we'll have our 401k money back in 6 months.
I can see it now "vintage General Motors common stock"

Jbar4Ranch
03-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Go to Gunbroker & do a search for "primers". The results will astonish you.

This one just ended...

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=123548105

$170.00 for a thousand Federal 215 magnum large rifle primers... PLUS ten bucks shipping and possibly hazmat on top of that! :shock: I just bought 2000 of 'em nine days ago for $28.49 each.

anachronism
03-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I just got back from Scheels & bought 2000 sm pistol primers for $26.00/1000. I should list them for $52.00 & see what happens. I could make Madoff look like a Boy Scout.

mpmarty
03-01-2009, 10:01 PM
I wanted a LEE factory crimp die for my 45/70 they list for about $15 but local stores don't have any in stock. Went to the Lee Factory store and they were $8.95 which I thought was OK until I saw the $13.95 shipping charge to mail it to me. Went on Ebay and got one TODAY, RIGHT NOW! for $15.50 plus three bucks shipping by US Mail. Grafs and Midway are both out of stock on this item. I feel perfectly OK getting screwed a buck or two to know for a fact that this week I'll have my die.

wilddog45
03-01-2009, 11:48 PM
That guy KNOWS how to market lead!! http://cgi.ebay.com/FAUX-gold-bullion-ingot-99-lead-one-pound_W0QQitemZ120323039477QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoin s_Bullion?hash=item120323039477&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

zxcvbob
03-02-2009, 12:01 AM
$170.00 for a thousand Federal 215 magnum large rifle primers... PLUS ten bucks shipping and possibly hazmat on top of that! I just bought 2000 of 'em nine days ago for $28.49 each. :shock: That's almost $57000!!! I think you got ripped off...

wills
03-02-2009, 12:15 AM
That guy KNOWS how to market lead!! http://cgi.ebay.com/FAUX-gold-bullion-ingot-99-lead-one-pound_W0QQitemZ120323039477QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoin s_Bullion?hash=item120323039477&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Nothing compared to the backward N Lyman ingot that sold for something like $67.00

That guy ddn't even have to paint it.

And for those too busy to haunt garage sales for rusty muffin pans: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270348764489&category=162134&_trksid=p3907.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D 15%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54

Slow Elk 45/70
03-02-2009, 12:21 AM
All true, E-Bay has a following of folks with way to much money... to pay for treasures, vintage and otherwise..I just have a hard time reading the drivel from these people , they have to know what RUST is ?:confused: They seem to think this indicates the Vintage of the mold??

I love the one that keeps posting that this is a very colletable mold or handle or dipper , but don't ask me any questions because I don'tcastbullets :????:shock: :redneck

Jbar4Ranch
03-02-2009, 12:33 AM
:shock: That's almost $57000!!! I think you got ripped off...
:lol: Perhaps I could have worded that better, eh?

azcoyhunter
03-02-2009, 12:54 AM
I have tried to "bid" on some items on E-Bay, but i alwas get outbidded really quickly!!!

I find that what little knowledge that I have, I can see the errors and the misguiding of the information in some of the offers.

That to me is what makes E-Bay the anti christ, is that there is some young guy out there that wants to get into casting and he buys a round ball, when he needs a boolit mould.

Just my 2 cents.....

Echo
03-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Cephas53, this is a free country, and that means folks are free to make mistakes. If some fool wants to pay $5G for $1300 worth of silver, it IS NOT A RIPOFF! The buyer may make a mistake, but he is free to do so - and NO GOVT INTERFERENCE!

Slow Elk 45/70
03-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Yeah, it's all in the words, and how you interpret what is being said, the interpretation is up to the reader/listener. It's to bad that a lot of the sellers on e-bay don't know squat , but they have the right to make a buck so the onus is on the buyer.:roll:

I will qualify this to the equipment used by folks that cast/reload. I don't use the site for anything else, so I don't know if they have the same approach to other items.[smilie=1:

Ya, I know, bitch,bitch,,,,,,

cephas53
03-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Cephas53, this is a free country, and that means folks are free to make mistakes. If some fool wants to pay $5G for $1300 worth of silver, it IS NOT A RIPOFF! The buyer may make a mistake, but he is free to do so - and NO GOVT INTERFERENCE!

Yes I would agree absolutely with what you said. What struck me wrong was this particular ad wasn't and auction, and described as a smart investment. This is the kind of situation widows and little old ladies with some savings are going to fall prey to. I will admit I am sensitive to the situation having someone I know being ripped off in a similar manner. One point I absolutely agree with you on is no Gov interference especially when it comes to precious metals. HAVE A GOOD ONE!

bbs70
03-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Yeah, he sure does.:-D
He doesn't mislead anyone and honestly tells what the item is, thats the way to do it IMHO.

Occasionally I buy on Ebay, but as my wife tells me, I research stuff to death.
I find what I need then search the web for the same item to compare prices.
I also compare prices on the same item on Ebay.

If you're knowageable on what you're buying, then you know if the Ebay seller is trying to rip you off.

When I do sell on ebay, I tell exactly what the item is, and don't do any fancy dance to try to sell it.
Honest and being straight forward is the best way, at least for me.

mag44uk
03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
A few weeks ago someone had this on ebay described as lightly rusted....

jdowney
03-02-2009, 11:07 AM

C'mon Ed, nobody's suggesting government regulation to protect us from shysters. I think we're all just expressing our contempt for rip off artists. They are theives, no less than the guy who breaks into your house or car, they just give you a choice about it and therefore don't get arrested.

Seriously, those jerks selling "lead bullion" and the like are verging on fraud. The term "bullion" is taken to refer specifically to precious metals, which lead is not (outside of casting circles :mrgreen:).

Preying on people's ignorance is dishonest, and honest people get kind of worked up when they see it happening. People are free to make mistakes, but its still wrong to trick the ignorant, which is what makes it a rip off.

Shiloh
03-02-2009, 11:33 AM

If you look at the bolt holding the sprue plate on, it is lightly rusted, Do you suppose that was the lightly rusted reference ?? ;) Sheesh

Shiloh

Shiloh
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
"E-Bay Sucks"

At one time they were pretty good. A person could get some really good deals. However, that has changed and everything has gone for "POO".

RRR

I'll agree that e-bay isn't what it once was. There are a lot of shysters there know.
The trick is discipline. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but here goes anyway.

1) Know the value of what something is new (If it is still available new) and set a limit of what you will bid up to.

2) DO NOT get caught up in bidding wars. If some jacka$$ wants to pay twice or more than someting is new, let them. DON'T become part of it.

3) Figure shipping into the price. Some folks clean up on shipping charges.

4) Be prepared to lose lots of auctions. I lose WAY more than I win and am positively astounded at what folks will pay for something.

My last victory was an RCBS .30-40 Krag neck die manufactured in 1965. $23 and change delivered to me. Excellent condition.

Shiloh

wilddog45
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM

The REAL hoot is that people are actually buying from him, and zinc ingots too!! Check his feedback!!! LOL!!!

OLPDon
03-02-2009, 02:46 PM
With the listings of Ebay the sellers rating's were quite high one was 100% the other rated 99.6 also had over 1550 sale's. The buyers of over priced items seem to fail to see that they overspent. But then again how on God's Good Earth can one after their purchace give a bad rating and state "I over paid". Ebay has given us the consumer a way of getting rid of rip off's. Just by giveing unfavorible feedback.

Yes the Government will hit Ebay and its likes to get there unearned $$$$$. TAX the seller and the buyer ie. In NJ if I buy a car from private sale and pay less then the Blue Book, the State of NJ demains I pay taxes on Blue Book value not what I paid for it.
Don

OLPDon
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM

That is just surface rust. It can be wire brushed off there by increasing Boolit dia a different form of Beagling (of course I jist) It's all in the wording and how you look at it.
P T Barnum said it best a Sucker born every min.
Don

Gary51
03-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Last time I checked we still live in a capitalist country which gives one the right to peck on the wounded and sell something for what you can get for it. If you hate Ebay so much why waste your time looking at the listings? I think I would rather spend my spare time casting boolits.

wills
03-02-2009, 05:43 PM
On the other hand these seem reasonable. I havent looked at the shipping though

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZCoinsQ5fBullion?_nkw=lead+ingots&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1311&_odkw=ingot&_osacat=0

oldtoolsniper
03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Haven’t you guys heard? Obama is going to switch us to the lead standard and we are all going to be rich!

wkvcooper
03-02-2009, 07:33 PM
In the last few months I have bought 2 shooting related items on ebay. They were both items not manufactured at this time and I paid almost twice what they would cost if made now. One was a Lyman mold and the other was the sizer die for it. I have looked for them at gun shows and shops. I don't believe I would have ever found them without ebay. Hate the price but I now have them.
I think the number after my name on ebay is 68. I was burned once. That was when I first started and I didn't even know to see how long the sell had been on ebay or his rating. I have found a lot of books that I would not have found any place else.

Flash
03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Last time I checked we still live in a capitalist country which gives one the right to peck on the wounded and sell something for what you can get for it. If you hate Ebay so much why waste your time looking at the listings? I think I would rather spend my spare time casting boolits.

I don't hate ebay at all so perhaps you didn't read my post correctly. Here is a very good example of what I'm talking about. These are molds for rectal suppositories, not high powered bullets. I even wrote and told him so, last week. You think he'd correct the auction? No, he wants to cheat someone out of their money. It's not about ebay at all, it's about the parasitic insects that sell on that site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-antique-cast-vtg-high-power-rifle-bullet-mold-hunting_W0QQitemZ310124946634QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMe talware?hash=item310124946634&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

McKee Boykin
03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey Flash, did you ever just think to report him to Ebay?

wilddog45
03-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't hate ebay at all so perhaps you didn't read my post correctly. Here is a very good example of what I'm talking about. These are molds for rectal suppositories, not high powered bullets. I even wrote and told him so, last week. You think he'd correct the auction? No, he wants to cheat someone out of their money. It's not about ebay at all, it's about the parasitic insects that sell on that site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-antique-cast-vtg-high-power-rifle-bullet-mold-hunting_W0QQitemZ310124946634QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMe talware?hash=item310124946634&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

HAHAHA!! They look like SCREW anchors to me!! from the hardware store.

ihuntbuck
03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I'll agree that e-bay isn't what it once was. There are a lot of shysters there know.
The trick is discipline. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but here goes anyway.

1) Know the value of what something is new (If it is still available new) and set a limit of what you will bid up to.

2) DO NOT get caught up in bidding wars. If some jacka$$ wants to pay twice or more than someting is new, let them. DON'T become part of it.

3) Figure shipping into the price. Some folks clean up on shipping charges.

4) Be prepared to lose lots of auctions. I lose WAY more than I win and am positively astounded at what folks will pay for something.

My last victory was an RCBS .30-40 Krag neck die manufactured in 1965. $23 and change delivered to me. Excellent condition.

Shiloh
#5 never and i mean never ever bid on something until the final seconds of the auction

Shiloh
03-03-2009, 12:49 AM
The REAL hoot is that people are actually buying from him, and zinc ingots too!! Check his feedback!!! LOL!!!

You mean this feedback:

perfect. Well cast, important purchase. Great customer service. Thanks!

Important purchase!! Are you serious!!

Shiloh

Slow Elk 45/70
03-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Flash, if anyone that casts boolits is stupid enough to buy those Antique, Ventage inserts for cast boolit molds, I hope they don't belong to this group, The Jack### that has that posting is nothing short of an Idiot. Buyers be ware., but you can't stop them from doing what they do best...B.S. people.

Mr Ossama should be happy we have e-bay, it takes our mind off of him and his followers for a few minutes now and then.

wills
03-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I wonder if there is a collector of valuable antique suppository molds buying these things for what he considers “next to nothing” and is laughing himself silly at some fool who thinks he is selling worthless bullet molds?

And someone was happy with his
“Antique Vtg ART DECO Mens Sock Garters Suspenders w/Box”

And,
The REAL hoot is that people are actually buying from him, and zinc ingots too!! Check his feedback!!! LOL!!! for all we know there are people who make their own chain link fence and need the plating metal.

OLPDon
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Note on suppository mold it is not if I can get my now very sick Computer fixed I will post it.
It is a very large mold with 48 cavs. 4 rows of 12, which are hinged at 3 points (one side). The hinged point splits each cavity in half. The filling of cavity is or pour point is recess milled about 3/8" There is quite a bit of labor in the involved with manufacturing of this mould. I don't know the cost of it, it was give to me by a friend that knew I cast Boolits and thought it was some type of bullet mould.

Note:He shoot's and reloads J words for hand guns. But he was clueless on casting, and thus thought it was a Boolit mould for a rifle.

I did some googling on the mould the manufactures stamp on it is (A. Cavalla inc. New York). That was some time ago so I don't recall all info.
So that being said I would venture to say that the Item listed is not supposity mould however I do agree that there are snake oil salemen on ebay. As always let the buyer beware.

I have gotten some great deals on ebay and missed or was out bid on some moulds that I truly would loved to have but the price was above what I wanted to pay. If I see a Item I like and want I set the price of what I am willing to pay I keep it at that. Snipping on Ebay works. I try to stay away form bidding frenzy. For some people bidding, its about winning at any cost.

I for one dislike ebay stand with being anti gun but they still allow posting of Boolit Mould. And with the way the ecconomy is going. They might go back to the Old Ebay and not be EEEEVilBay. I still use Ebay but it seems harder to get a realy great deal, and just have to settle for a good deal.

Don

kernal_panic
03-06-2009, 01:14 PM
when i bought my reloading set up at an estate auction i bought way more stuff than i would ever need and the items i have resold on ebay have all brought new price or more and every item was started a 99 cents. also every time i have listed reloading item on ebay foriegners have begged me to ship to them.i did ship one bullet mold to france but it was a major pain so that was my one and only time.i would definately say ebay is not the place for thrifty americans to get a deal but if you have something to sell it is definately a sellers market.....

I bought a guy out of his entire reloading setup for $500 I got:

a dillon 550b ,2 tool heads, an rcbs small base .308 die set, a dillon .308 die set, a redding competion seating die, a redding neck size die, a midway tumbler, a midway bullet puller, a stoney point OAL thingy, an rcbs powder trickler, a dillon eliminator scale, case lube and brass polish, 4 large primer tubes, 200-250 .308 bullets, 500-800 .308 cases, 63 7mm mag cases, an rcbs case chamfer tool, dillon primer flip tray, strong mount, roller handle, bullet tray, lee auto prime 2.

I sold my SDB and a .380 conversion for $300. I had about $200 in it with the conversion netting me $100 profit after 5 years of use.

I sold the tumbler, scale, and bullet puller to a newbie reloader for $75
i sold the seating die for $81
i sold the dillon die for $60
i sold the auto prime for $10
i sold the rcbs die set for $30

so basically I'm into the RL550B for $146 I still have a few things left to sell like the redding neck sizer, the dillon brass primer tray, strong mount, 7mm brass, and the stony point thingy and probably the roller handle. If I sell the rest I'm into this 550B for nothing!

azrednek
03-06-2009, 04:31 PM
I have no complaints with Ebay as I have found it to be a gold mine at times. Sure I get po'd when I see something I want go for way to much.

Ignorant sellers with inaccurate descriptions and mis-spelled words can often lead to bargains. A good example, I got genuine S&W grips listed as 38MM handles. His description said looks like they would fit a 38. Being a non-gun person instead of using the word caliber he used MM. The grips turned out to be N-frame target grips. Kept them and sold the set I replaced them with for apx 65. I paid less than 10 bucks, including shipping. Friend of mine got a Lyman "lead squeezer" a few years ago. He also got two old 4-cavity Lachmiller molds and one set of handles that looked brand new listed as Lachmiller blocks, Lachmiller was mis-spelled. The words mold or mould never appeared in the description. Anybody searching for Lachmiller or bullet molds would have never pulled up the auction.

madman
03-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Just to add my 2 cents. Beware when ever you purchase any thing online period. There are people every where looking to make a fast buck for little or nothing. This is a fact of life. I got ripped off here and on ebay. I made some great deals here and on ebay. I purchased 10 thousand dollars retail of opals and I payed 1 tenth of the retail price. Just one opal was recently appraised at 5 grand it is just 1 of the two identical hand cut free forms.
I paid premium price for items here because they were on permanent back order from the factory but when they showed up were basically junk. How do you tell when a salesman is lying. There lips are moving. The courts even condone it. I have seen crooks in every profession it is rampant in the automotive industry.