PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

Beekeeper
02-28-2009, 11:13 PM
I log in and try to answer a post or start a post and have to relog in each time.
It gets frustrating.Have I done something wrong? It wasn't this way when I first became a member! It started about 3 days ago.
I have made no changes to my computer so I do not think it is me.
If anyone has the answer please let me know .

beekeeper

mooman76
03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I get that every once in awhile. When you log in you should have a box to check something like remember me.

JW6108
03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
It did that several times when I first joined. If I tried a quick reply, I had to re-log in. If if went advanced there was no problem. Like mooman said, check that remember me box and maybe it will straighten itself out in time.

I know less than nothing about how this works; maybe somebody can fill in the blanks on why this happens.

monadnock#5
03-01-2009, 12:56 AM
If this happens to you on a post that you have spent a lot of time and thought on, and you don't want to lose it, do this: Open a Word program on your computer (or whatever program you use); highlight your entire Cast Boolits post; click and drag your post to the Word document; now sign back into the Forum with the "Remember Me" box checked; and once you get back to the thread that you want to post to; highlight, click and drag your comment back into the message box.

It sounds complicated, but only takes a couple of minutes, and saves a lot of frustration. By far though, checking the "Remember Me" box every time you sign in is the easiest way to stay connected. :drinks:

Cap'n Morgan
03-01-2009, 04:23 AM
I have made no changes to my computer so I do not think it is me.

If your browser is running automatic updates in the background, some settings may have been lost. Like others have suggested, check the "remember me" box.

And just to make sure it's not a malicious program messing with your computer, go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and download their latest anti-malware scanner.

Boerrancher
03-01-2009, 08:03 AM
I started having problems about 3 or 4 days ago just getting the site to load period. I was running Fire Fox as my browser, and switched back to IE for this website only and have had no problems. I still can't get a page to load correctly with Fire fox. This is not the first time I have had a problem with the gunloads site and fire fox, I learned a year ago to set my home page on I.E. to cast boolits and when the site goes on one of its anti fire fox campeigns I just open up IE and read away.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

TAWILDCATT
03-01-2009, 04:38 PM
you have firefox security to high.or your cookies need to be cleaned.
I am not an expert,bearly able to log in.:coffee:[smilie=1: