PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 39M---Finally

HCL
02-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Went to the gunshow today, on the way there I was telling the wife that the only things I was looking for was a 39M and casting stuff, oh an don't worry because the chances of finding a 39M here was slim to none.
Did not find anything casting related, but on the 2nd row in the door, sat a very nice 39M for $450. After drooling on it and talking with the guy, it followed me home. He would not budge on the price but thats ok, in the last 6 years of looking for one local, this is the first one I have seen and was not about to let it pass. The bluing is almost perfect, and functions like new.
I have to go back tomorrow and the guy is bringing in the original sights, he put williams fire sights on it, which I dont intend on taking off, they are pretty sharp, but he offered the originals so figured it would not hurt to have them too.
My camera is charging, will add pictures later today..:-D:-D
Mike

Ben
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Charge up those batteries and show us some pics, sounds like you did well !

Ben

Sprue
02-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice Purdy rifle they are... I let one slide a while back.

Congrats to ya!

Leadforbrains
02-28-2009, 10:18 PM
I have a 39M that I picked up while I was working in Pensacola Fla. It shoots great with Winchester power points.
Congratulations! you will love it

HCL
03-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Well finally got that camera charged, probally time for new battery.
I took it out and shot it, think I will replace the rear fire sight with a ghost ring or the original rear sight. Shoots great though..:-D Couldn't be happier!

Dont mind the fingerprints and drool in the pictures..
mike

6pt-sika
03-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Congrats !

Very nice !!!!!!

Now if I were you I would put the origianl sights front and back on the rifle . And find a nice old Weaver 22 scope and mount it on top !

But thats just me ! I not only have the Marlin bug pretty bad , but old Weavers and Marble's knives have worked their way in the equation as well !

Slow Elk 45/70
03-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Congrats, vari nice Marlin 39M, in AK no less, well done.

Leadforbrains
03-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Very nice squirrel gun ya got there! I have a receiver mounted Williams peep sight on mine. It looks and works great for me.

1Papalote
03-02-2009, 08:36 AM
I have a 39M and I agree, we could not be happier. I don't think I could part with mine. These are heirloom type guns.

1Papalote

SCIBUL
03-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Congratulations !
Marlin 39 are very good guns :drinks:! Mine is a 1957 version that I won't trade for any other .22... Even a 54 Annie, but ... Oh I have this one too :mrgreen: