PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Cast Boolits

jack19512
02-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Well not for good just temporarily. I'm sick of the snow, the cold, and the rain. So tomorrow I'm gonna go to Negril Jamaica for 8 days and thaw out. Gonna lay on Negril's 7 mile beach and enjoy the 80-90 degree weather.

I have had a bunch of cast ammo loaded for a while now but it's always something. Too cold, raining, or snowing. Went out yesterday at 11:00 AM, knew they were giving rain for the evening but didn't look bad out.

Loaded the truck up with my target stand, shooting bench, a couple rifles, my 44 mag Ruger, my 454 Ruger, and my 357 Ruger plus my shooting bag with all my shooting supplies.

Unloaded everything at my shooting spot and had put 6 rounds through my SRH .454 Casull before the rain started coming down. I hurriedly put 6 rounds through my 44 mag in the rain just so I could see if it was going to lead up on me again which it did.

Loaded everything back up and headed home, quite frustrated, no sooner I got home the sun came out and it got pretty again. Sometimes you just can't win. :???: So I hope I will come back charged up and be ready to go at it again. See you guys later. :mrgreen:

Ole
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Have fun in Jamaica. :drinks:

Char-Gar
02-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Yesterday it was 94 degrees here in deep South Texas. This morning a cold front blew in droping the temp to 76 degrees. We also have great beaches. Have fun in Jamaca mon!

waksupi
02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Enjoy Jamaica, and I recommend trip insurance. Last cruise ship I was on, was seized on the next trip, for bills owed. Made it kinda sticky for people to get back to the mainland! And be sure to not have anything that even LOOKS like a bullet. That is nasty jail time in Jamaica.

jack19512
02-28-2009, 05:51 PM
And be sure to not have anything that even LOOKS like a bullet. .

Yes, we always get the trip insurance. I actually needed it myself one time. Just two years ago we were all set to go to the Caribbean and a week before we were suppose to leave I fell off a ladder about 20 feet up while working on my daughters house and broke my ankle.

Funny you mentioned the bullet. You won't believe the really stupid dream I had the other night. I conceal carry a Glock G26 and I dreamed that I had forgotten to leave my Glock in my car at the airport and somehow made it all the way to Jamaica before I realized I was still carrying it. You don't know how realistic this dream was. I was extremely glad to wake up from that one. :roll: