PDA

View Full Version : Lube making help

Wayne Smith
02-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Not the way you think! My eldest was given a present that he passed on to LOML saying that he'll never use it. It is a RIMPORTS Candle Warmer, to release the scent of a scented candle w/ o burning it.

RIM-888, 120VAC, 60HZ, 16W

Why am I posting this? Given an hour or so that thing will melt a medium jar Yankee Candle!
Tired of using a double boiler and want a safe way to melt lube components? I haven't tried it on beeswax but probably will next time I need to make BullShop Speed Green.

JSnover
02-28-2009, 11:28 AM
That's kinda cool. probably uses a lot less juice than my electric stove.

mooman76
02-28-2009, 12:23 PM
I bought one of those real small crock pots like 1 qt. It works good and if you look around you can usually pick one up for 5-10 bucks. When not in use you just put the lid on and stick it on the shelf. ome come with a warm cycle so it's not real hot or you can just heat it up til it melts and turn it off. The crock holds the heat a long time.

Kraschenbirn
02-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I do something similar using an electric coffee cup warmer ($1 from a garage sale) and plug it in when I start lube & sizing. By the time I finish a batch of boolits, the cup of lube is melted and I top off the reservoir of whichever sizer I'm using before putting it away. I use "gimme" coffee cups from advertising promos and keep one filled with each type of lube in my shop supply cabinet.

Bill

runfiverun
02-28-2009, 09:37 PM
in about 3 minutes bees wax will melt in a micro-wave.
found cheaply at yardsales and thrift shops everywhere.