PDA

View Full Version : Two thumbs up for Hornady

Topper
02-26-2009, 11:08 PM
My first press was a single stage Hornady Pacific which I acquired in 1974.
Well it broke recently and I shipped it back to Hornady for repair.
It took several weeks for them to contact me but they shipped me a brand new Lock-N-Load press as a replacement.
Nice to know that they do honor their warranty.

cbrick
02-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Obvious it wasn't a Redding; they won't honor their warranty when it's only a week old.

Rick

Alby
02-27-2009, 09:32 PM
It's good to see that Hornady stands behind their product. I just purchased my LNL and will be setting it up this weekend. Well only partially setting it up the shell plates I need are on back order (#8 & #45). I hope they come in soon!

madcaster
02-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Obvious it wasn't a Redding; they won't honor their warranty when it's only a week old.

Rick

Rick,
Maybe it it would've been redding they would be saying "No,WAIT,those AREN'T THUMBS!":wink:

Ugly Dwarf
03-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Good to hear.

I have a Pacific sizing die with a bent decaping rod. I keep meaning to call Hornady, but havn't gotten around to it and have been wondering if their Lifetime warrenty extends to Pacific.

ETA - I haven't had a need to call them in a couple years, but I've had good luck the couple times I've had problems with a set of Redding dies I have.

chickenstripe
03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I just set up my Lock-N-Load press this past week. I've had it since Christmas. It took me about 3hrs to get it running right. I had to adjust the indexing pawls, and I still have issues with the ejector, and it has the "new" cartridge ejector.

Now I can crank out 100rds while the pot is heating up!!! Even with al of the issues, I have no regrets.

Once I get used to running it, and call hornady about the ejector issue, I should be good to go. Seems to be the shellplate, and not the ejector, that's causing the problem.

Sorry to hear about the shell plates on backorder...... I ordered a few sets of the lock-n-load bushings, and shell plates for all of my pistol cartridges, before I even had the press..... in order to "spread around the pain of the cost".

GrizzLeeBear
03-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I got mine in December, haven't loaded much on it yet (some .223). Waiting for warmer weather to test loads before loading a lot of ammo. Been watching for a #8 shellplate since then, too. Seems like 3/4 of all the reloading / shooting stuff is out of stock everywhere.