PDA

View Full Version : Carpetmans dessert recipe

carpetman
02-17-2009, 01:27 AM
The other day I did partially mix a batch of bread/cake---it's called bread but I call it cake. The hand held took a long time and wasn't real thorough and was noisy. This kitchenaid had er done right now and was very quiet. Had I known years ago---would have bought it. I have sent the recipe for the bread/cake to Wiljen and when he gets it posted on castpics will let you know. Even better yet I'll post it here too. The recipe calls it pistachio bread, dry pudding mix is used and we have been using different flavors. So far we tried lemon, devils food, almond and tonight it is banana and we also mixed in pecans. I have plans in near future for butterscotch and for peppermint. For flavors that you don't find the pudding---use vanilla pudding and add extract---that's how we got the almond. The bananna/pecan is in the oven so I can't report on it---but all the others musta been good--we planned on freezing some and haven't had any hang around long enough to freeze.

Here's the recipe:
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 small pkg. Instant pudding (not the pudding you cook)
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/8 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup cinnamon sugar (1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon)

Grease loaf pans(2) (do not use oil). Dust with cinnamon sugar mix. Mix ingredients(except rest of cinnamon sugar mix) and pour into loaf pans. Sprinkle tops with remainder of cinnamon sugar mix. Bake 35-45 minutes at 350. (The instructions say in the oven---duh don't use your freezer)

I hope you try this and enjoy. Please report results and what flavor you used.
I'm all thumbs in the kitchen and the kitchen is all but off limits to me. This recipe being so easy "even a carpetman can do it" I've been doing a lot of experimenting. Cake mixes come in several flavors--the recipe listed calls for a yellow cake mix---but I have substituted several cake mix flavors, the pudding listed is pistachio---but I have substituted them as well. The combinations are endless and so far everything I've tried has turned out great. Heinz and Baskin Robbins will have nothing on me--so easy a carpetman can do it.