PDA

View Full Version : RCBS ChargeMaster???

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
02-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Anyone using a RCBS Chargemaster. Do they do a good job? I'm thinking about buying one but a little over $300 is well you know. If its a piece of crap I don't want to waste the money

Jon K
02-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Do they do a good job? YES.

Pricey, yes but what are you going to use it for? For powders that don't charge worth a $#%*, then it's worth every penny.

If you're going to use it on powders that are easy to throw, then it's slower than a good powder measure.

Would I buy it again? YES, I now use powders, I used to cuss, and each charge is the same.

Jon

jimkim
02-24-2009, 07:20 AM
I want something like this. http://www.larrywillis.com/accurate.html I wonder if there is one on the market.

Ron B.
02-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Hello Idaho!
Yes, you will like RCBS's ChargeMaster Combo 1500; it's the best digital powder measure out there IMO. I haven't personally tried Pact's product; nor Lyman's. Many like them as well. But, I have owned no less than 4 CMs. And, I've had a problem or two. But RCBS always takes care of me; sending me new products.

I don't like relying too much on any one product; especially something so important. Therefore, I also purchased a less expensive digital scale. Here's the other one I own; I really like it too.

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-gempro-500.aspx

McKee Boykin
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Love mine!

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
02-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Only powder I use is magnum rifle powders such as RL22, H1000, IMR 7828. So this should be a good thing

Ken 45LC
02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
I've had mine for quite awhile now, never had any problems with it (knock on wood) and would definately recommend it. It will even save favorite loads for you. I've checked it against two other scales, and they all read the same weight. I really like it when working up loads.

Hope this helps,
Ken

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
03-13-2009, 04:19 PM
ok im heading to town this weekend to buy one