PDA

View Full Version : Guess its time to do some shooting...

DanOH
02-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Brought home a couple hundred wlp primers to reload for my 44 and lo and behold
turns out all my cases where loaded! Thats maybe 450 cases that I have collected over the years and guess I had so much fun reloading them I forgot to shoot'm. Kinda spoiled my evening...
I fix that tomorrow maybe.

Sprue
02-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I've got some some emty brass I'll trade ya.

supv26
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I cannot find any wlp primers anywhere!! I seem to like those better than Rem. 2 1/2's for some reason.....??

Boerrancher
02-24-2009, 12:51 AM
I have nearly a thousand Remington small rifle primers that I don't know if I will ever shoot. Out of the first 100 that I loaded I had 5 failure to fires. That was about a year ago. I now understand why the Gov dropped Remington and canceled the contract, the same thing with CCI. I knew about CCI before I went to Afghanistan in 05-06, but did not find out about Remington until after I had bought a couple thousand. I don't like Remington primers, but couldn't find any Federals or Winchesters at all. It wasn't until after I had the bad Remington's that I found out about them Loosing the contract. Federal and Winchester are providing all the primers for military ammo. If you see white boxes of CCI that are labeled Arsenal Primers DO NOT BUY THEM unless you are strictly going to use them to plink with. Those are the left overs of the Contract that the Gov didn't take. I can assure you that some of them will be bad.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Slow Elk 45/70
02-24-2009, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the CCI, white boxes. Good info.