PDA

View Full Version : Persecution

Gobeyond
06-30-2024, 10:55 PM
2Cor 4:7-10. Paul was persecuted for casting out a demon from a slave girl. Where was it? Ephesus?
Beat with rods. He suffered many things that were so terrible he had no strength left. He had to wait and trust God that he would recover. Only to have it happen again. Very deep story of suffering beyond his limits.

This is the price he paid to start the church. We go to that church, but have any of us suffered such to do the will of God? And I’m serious I’m asking has any of we godly men suffered or been persecuted as Christian’s?
Those who live godly will have persecution’. Are we doing anything wrong? Is it America?

Good Cheer
07-01-2024, 10:51 AM
We have been protected.

Barry54
07-01-2024, 11:43 AM
I lost a friend earlier this year in an automobile collision. He was an immigrant from Myanmar.

I was teasing him about it being too cold for him to go hunting with me one morning. He said his head hurt. I got the story about his family journey to the United States. Somewhere while he was a refugee he took a butt-stroke to back of the head.

He was a faithful believer. He told me he prayed to be healed of asthma and stopped taking the American medicine. His wife told me the last time I saw her, their daughter told her “I miss Daddy” as she was putting her to bed.

I was at a loss for something to say.

Alabama358
07-01-2024, 12:03 PM
2Cor 4:7-10. Paul was persecuted for casting out a demon from a slave girl. Where was it? Ephesus?
Beat with rods. He suffered many things that were so terrible he had no strength left. He had to wait and trust God that he would recover. Only to have it happen again. Very deep story of suffering beyond his limits.

This is the price he paid to start the church. We go to that church, but have any of us suffered such to do the will of God? And I’m serious I’m asking has any of we godly men suffered or been persecuted as Christian’s?
Those who live godly will have persecution’. Are we doing anything wrong? Is it America?

Gobe...
I have often thought about this myself and I have concluded that in this day an age physical persecution is far and few between. On the other side of the coin, character assassination seems to be the weapon of the era.
Cancel culture for example are one of the tools in the devils tool bag that when deployed can ruin a persons reputation, life and ability to earn for their family.
To go hand in hand with this new warfare is the war on words/speech. If you say any number of words or phrases that have been deemed (deemed by who, the word police?) "hate-speech" your goosed is cooked... you will be banned,censored, terminated or in some cases and some places even jailed or worst.

Some folks have criticized me for calling out some mega church leaders or christian-celebrities... all selling their books, movies, trinkets and making money hand over fist. These have become folk heroes or VIPs among their masses.
Fame not Persecution (whats wrong with that picture?)

What did Christ have to say about it?

John 15:18-19
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

To answer your question "Are we doing anything wrong?"
I think today's Christian man has become neutered and fearful to speak truth to fact because they do not want to "cause and argument" or "make people uncomfortable"

Folks need to speak BOLDLY against the false doctrines of today... to the moral perversion that are becoming common place in our society and stop worrying about offending groups that are probably bound for the Pit...
Not just argue to argue... but argue for Truth that comes straight out of the bible.

If we do, we might just win some to the Lord and save some from said Pit.

czgunner
07-01-2024, 12:33 PM
I'm not accusing anybody, but when is the last time you told your employer that celebrating pride month is an abomination to God? When is the last the you told your atheist, Muslim, Hindi, etc coworker that Christ is the ONLY way to come to God? I think we have been living in a special time, in a special country. I don't really understand why, but I know its ending soon. I think we all can honestly say we can work harder at testifying (and suffering) for Christ. Just my opinion. Come Lord Jesus.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

czgunner
07-01-2024, 12:33 PM
Gobe...
I have often thought about this myself and I have concluded that in this day an age physical persecution is far and few between. On the other side of the coin, character assassination seems to be the weapon of the era.
Cancel culture for example are one of the tools in the devils tool bag that when deployed can ruin a persons reputation, life and ability to earn for their family.
To go hand in hand with this new warfare is the war on words/speech. If you say any number of words or phrases that have been deemed (deemed by who, the word police?) "hate-speech" your goosed is cooked... you will be banned,censored, terminated or in some cases and some places even jailed or worst.

Some folks have criticized me for calling out some mega church leaders or christian-celebrities... all selling their books, movies, trinkets and making money hand over fist. These have become folk heroes or VIPs among their masses.
Fame not Persecution (whats wrong with that picture?)

What did Christ have to say about it?

John 15:18-19
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

To answer your question "Are we doing anything wrong?"
I think today's Christian man has become neutered and fearful to speak truth to fact because they do not want to "cause and argument" or "make people uncomfortable"

Folks need to speak BOLDLY against the false doctrines of today... to the moral perversion that are becoming common place in our society and stop worrying about offending groups that are probably bound for the Pit...
Not just argue to argue... but argue for Truth that comes straight out of the bible.

If we do, we might just win some to the Lord and save some from said Pit.Yes!

exile
07-01-2024, 07:25 PM
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Winston Churchill

exile

Gobeyond
07-02-2024, 11:00 PM
I’m just trying to find out who has been persecuted in the United States or the world on here. I’m not being accusatory about it, but if so how have you been treated in this way. Even if it’s little things. It seems ironic that if we should have been because of godliness that this would not be so. We are not as gifted as Paul. But all he did was good. He turned the world upside down and violence followed him, speaking of ‘new religions’. It’s not new now and people have already decided if they want it or not. There are haters of God in this country. Has anybody run into one?

Angry conversations. Did He bring a sword to your family. My family thought I was crazy, like Mary and her sons thought of Jesus. People have lied to me to get me off the trail. They have tried to find something wrong or get in my face. One guy wanted to beat me up. I always thought I was so mild mannered and presented it so well in love that they couldn’t attack me.
I talked pretty heavily about Israel for awhile but no Muslims I guess. So indifference was a big thing.

Have you ever been hit or punched? One guy was refused food by the government as homeless. But think about it recall some story something that was uncomfortable that you endured because you did something right for Jesus. I’m curious. Is it getting any worse. It’s like a point in the book for you.

czgunner
07-02-2024, 11:21 PM
I used to wrench and the guy next to me hated Christians. He would fly into a rage if a customer had a bible on the front seat or a religious radio station turned on. I'd try to talk to him and challenge the things he'd say, but he couldn't have a civil conversation.

gc45
07-02-2024, 11:59 PM
Persecution can take many forms both physical, mental, perhaps spiritual. Could be we all have felt persucution at one time or another however, for us Christians we have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior therefore or sins have been washed away, our feith in him if strong, saves us from all things as we know what he has for us and where he will take us, even when physical death occurs.

Living today, here in this world, has become more difficult for many, most all in fact because, man has ever so slowly disallowed God's moral standard to guide him, rather choosing the direction of the devil who be design makes man feel laughter, fun and satisfaction with what they do, even evil things. Living like most, interacting with others, man knows right from wrong about most things, but his choices are wrong much of the time because his moral standards are no longer in control.

God is in our heart, the devil is in one's mind, that is the difference. Paul cast out the demon that was the devil, and man persucuted him for his strong belief that was different from theirs...

Gobeyond
07-03-2024, 10:00 AM
Persecution can take many forms both physical, mental, perhaps spiritual. Could be we all have felt persucution at one time or another however, for us Christians we have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior therefore or sins have been washed away, our feith in him if strong, saves us from all things as we know what he has for us and where he will take us, even when physical death occurs.

Living today, here in this world, has become more difficult for many, most all in fact because, man has ever so slowly disallowed God's moral standard to guide him, rather choosing the direction of the devil who be design makes man feel laughter, fun and satisfaction with what they do, even evil things. Living like most, interacting with others, man knows right from wrong about most things, but his choices are wrong much of the time because his moral standards are no longer in control.

God is in our heart, the devil is in one's mind, that is the difference. Paul cast out the demon that was the devil, and man persucuted him for his strong belief that was different from theirs...

So you are saying there is none righteous, no not one, as in Romans 3:10?

Alabama358
07-03-2024, 04:23 PM
Psalms 140: 7-8
7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
8 Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.

Wayne Smith
07-04-2024, 07:42 AM
Don't forget this is a big country. I was under discipline in NH for something I did not do, came to Virginia and told the Board of Psychology the whole story. Their response was that they found nothing to act on and I was welcome to practice here. (They had all the information from the NH Board as well as my story.)

We've been here since. In NH we (I and my partner) were clearly Christian and well known as such.

Gobeyond
07-04-2024, 01:19 PM
Don't forget this is a big country. I was under discipline in NH for something I did not do, came to Virginia and told the Board of Psychology the whole story. Their response was that they found nothing to act on and I was welcome to practice here. (They had all the information from the NH Board as well as my story.)

We've been here since. In NH we (I and my partner) were clearly Christian and well known as such.

Thank you.

Good Cheer
07-04-2024, 01:42 PM
This discussion got me to thinking about walking through the airport at Atlanta and seeing the people being burned alive at Waco on the big screens all through the terminals.

.429&H110
07-04-2024, 02:58 PM
Philippi?

Acts 16:16

16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

19And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers, 20And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, 21And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.

22And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them. 23And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely: 24Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

Good Cheer
07-08-2024, 09:39 AM
So fellas, how much persecution do yall think the US is going to have?
I'd suspect that the child abuse angle is going to be pursued.

Gobeyond
07-11-2024, 12:08 AM
Yes child abuse is an angle they could pursue. Or the taxing of churches. Oklahoma is putting the Ten Commandments back and prayer back in the schools. Do you know an instructor chastised me saying there is more incidence of sypylis is the Bible Belt than anywhere else in the country. Or what about forbidding evangelization of others.

The us is getting a little uptight about Christian’s but the Muslim world is very uptight. Youth are having dreams, seeing Jesus
And having needs fulfilled by Jesus and the next day they are being beaten by their family’s and thrown out on the streets. And because it is so real they take it. There is nothing and no one but a relief organization in the cities that can help. They live on in joy of their salvation with a gift so great they stand firm in any and all mistreatment there. Most can’t leave. Some go to Egypt more moderate.

In Columbia Christian’s are murdered, churches are hindered and stolen from by the rebels if they won’t grow coca.
Persecution.com Some places it’s really bad. Last year and this 2-300 Christian’s have been murdered in Nigeria by Fulani tribesman and Muslim extremists. The government does nothing.

Iran funds protesters in this country. There is no outcry for any Christian’s human rights violations only Israel and their war against terrorism. Remember we once had a war against terrorism? Now we give them money. Why are we placating terrorists and they are not placated. Pray for the persecuted Christian’s of the Muslim world including Europe.

Bowdrie
07-11-2024, 12:50 AM
Remember we once had a war against terrorism? Now we give them money. Why are we placating terrorists and they are not placated.

Of course. The US has always had the mindset that "reasonable/rational" people could be bought-off with the almighty dollar.
But the Muslim world has never been reasonable or rational, their hatred of America, (The Great Satan,) and Israel, (The Little Satan,) as well as everyone else, (all the other assorted infidels,) is unquenchable, it started in Genisis 16:12 with Ishmael.
The first few words of that verse are: "And he will be a wild man", and you can see it in their eyes, 3,800 years has not changed them.
We gave them pallets of cash, (stupidly thinking that would appease them,) they spent the money not to help their people, but to buy more centrifuges and technology for nukes.

brokeasajoke
07-11-2024, 06:08 AM
May have a few friends or family poke or laugh but we have definitely not been persecuted......yet.

Good Cheer
07-11-2024, 08:35 AM
Yes child abuse is an angle they could pursue. Or the taxing of churches. Oklahoma is putting the Ten Commandments back and prayer back in the schools. Do you know an instructor chastised me saying there is more incidence of sypylis is the Bible Belt than anywhere else in the country. Or what about forbidding evangelization of others.

The us is getting a little uptight about Christian’s but the Muslim world is very uptight. Youth are having dreams, seeing Jesus
And having needs fulfilled by Jesus and the next day they are being beaten by their family’s and thrown out on the streets. And because it is so real they take it. There is nothing and no one but a relief organization in the cities that can help. They live on in joy of their salvation with a gift so great they stand firm in any and all mistreatment there. Most can’t leave. Some go to Egypt more moderate.

In Columbia Christian’s are murdered, churches are hindered and stolen from by the rebels if they won’t grow coca.
Persecution.com Some places it’s really bad. Last year and this 2-300 Christian’s have been murdered in Nigeria by Fulani tribesman and Muslim extremists. The government does nothing.

Iran funds protesters in this country. There is no outcry for any Christian’s human rights violations only Israel and their war against terrorism. Remember we once had a war against terrorism? Now we give them money. Why are we placating terrorists and they are not placated. Pray for the persecuted Christian’s of the Muslim world including Europe.

And old men are having dreams that then come to pass. Yeah, it's getting to be that time.

Gobeyond
07-11-2024, 05:01 PM
And old men are having dreams that then come to pass. Yeah, it's getting to be that time.

It is the time’. Church shootings. The signs of the times are now. Prophecies being fulfilled. Anti christ growing. The world is waiting for a leader to bring peace and prosperity for all. They still don’t want Jesus for king. Just because it’s not happening here doesn’t mean it’s not time. Don’t let that beer or two cloud your mind. Are being scrutinized by someone? Or are you being questioned for answers. Or are unsaved people not apart of your life. Or are sinners shunned. Are your neighbors friendly. Has anyone talked to them about the gospel?

God loves them. Give them a chance. Doing the right thing then handling their reaction. Christians are not popular except among their own kind. Others give you a chance to put the gospel into practice. I’m not perfect, but we could all do more.

Good Cheer
07-12-2024, 09:08 AM
Yes sir. With reference to John, it is time, while it is still day. The night is coming when no one can work.

Alabama358
07-15-2024, 09:22 AM
Matthew chapter 5:11-12

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Good Cheer
07-16-2024, 11:06 AM
https://thepostmillennial.com/antifa-militants-attack-christian-families-at-jesus-march-in-portland

Gobeyond
07-22-2024, 11:49 AM
Yeah that is, all right. But I thought you guys would share incidents in your lives where someone treated you poorly for being a Christian. Or you were humiliated, or when you tried to witness and the person blew you off and it mattered to you. Does that seem so small. Are you all so tough? Or family? You talk like godly men. But someone must have experienced adversity.

Good Cheer
07-22-2024, 11:21 PM
Incidents in our personal lives...
Long decades ago for being a Christian I was insulted by my own sneering father. Because I didn't adhere to his new age beliefs he was angry and needed to hurt me. Dad was in rebellion against his own father as well as against God. The product of rebellion is anger. It hurt at the time because I loved him but there was no way to reach him.

Gobeyond
07-24-2024, 04:06 AM
Wow! Thanks. And you got it all figured out. So you grew. But are you bitter or better…. Sounds like it still hurts. Did a humble spirit come after that? That realization is supposed to be comforting. So long ago…. But it’s real. Blessed are those who suffer persecution for righteousness sake. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have suffered so much with it. I suspect you have a heart for the lost. But you don’t seem to have lost any fire. Hurts shape us and having Jesus it is made into for our good. I hope you can say that.

Good Cheer
07-24-2024, 09:02 AM
Thinking about it doesn't put me in a blue funk. Though it was so sad, it was a matter of his choices of the reality he would embrace which included rebellion and anger. He was by no means unintelligent but rather widely read, deeply interested in the world and attentive to what makes it tick. He was also prideful and prejudiced in the information he selectively pursued in support of his chosen political, religious and sociological views, rejecting what did not fit with his preconceived notions. It could probably be accurately posited that we are all guilty of that, each in our own ways, but his was a case in which the negatives overwhelm the positives. Being my father's son and knowing that the apple falls near the tree I accept the need for frequent looks in the mirror. Oh where would I be without the saving grave and guidance of Jesus Christ.

Gobeyond
07-24-2024, 10:36 AM
Thinking about it doesn't put me in a blue funk. Though it was so sad, it was a matter of his choices of the reality he would embrace which included rebellion and anger. He was by no means unintelligent but rather widely read, deeply interested in the world and attentive to what makes it tick. He was also prideful and prejudiced in the information he selectively pursued in support of his chosen political, religious and sociological views, rejecting what did not fit with his preconceived notions. It could probably be accurately posited that we are all guilty of that, each in our own ways, but his was a case in which the negatives overwhelm the positives. Being my father's son and knowing that the apple falls near the tree I accept the need for frequent looks in the mirror. Oh where would I be without the saving grave and guidance of Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I call it taking stock. Yeah,the saving Jesus from going there. It’s like people are making their own religion sometimes.

Good Cheer
07-25-2024, 07:33 AM
When people are searching for God then yeah, they're making it up as they go along, searching, picking and choosing what seems to fit. Some people find Jesus Christ. Some people actually end up using abortion clinics as political and legal cover for ritual sacrifices. And then there are all the shades in between. Is it luck of the draw or just being like you were before passing through the water and into these physical bodies? I don't know. But how ever it is this refining process is managed I do know that God is fair.

adnservers
07-25-2024, 02:42 PM
I think people's spiritual journeys are super individualized and subjective. We're all trying to make sense of the world and our place in it, and that leads to a lot of exploration and experimentation. Our experiences and choices shape us, but there may be factors beyond our control too. Ultimately, I think God is fair, even if the journey is messy and unpredictable.

czgunner
07-25-2024, 03:54 PM
I think people's spiritual journeys are super individualized and subjective. We're all trying to make sense of the world and our place in it, and that leads to a lot of exploration and experimentation. Our experiences and choices shape us, but there may be factors beyond our control too. Ultimately, I think God is fair, even if the journey is messy and unpredictable.Excellent post. We are recipients of God's grace, regardless if we are works/grace believers, and always when we don't deserve it.

Good Cheer
07-26-2024, 09:45 AM
Oh yeah, totally convinced that individuals are dealt with as individuals.

Alabama358
07-26-2024, 10:00 AM
Excellent post. We are recipients of God's grace, regardless if we are works/grace believers, and always when we don't deserve it.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"Works" has zero, nothing, nada, bupkis to do with Salvation

czgunner
07-26-2024, 10:33 AM
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"Works" has zero, nothing, nada, bupkis to do with Salvation100% agree, but I've been working with some people the last year or so that cling to works.

Alabama358
07-26-2024, 11:02 AM
100% agree, but I've been working with some people the last year or so that cling to works.

Works/working is awesome and Godly and profitable but has nothing to do with Salvation... and those folks you have been working with are lucky to have you coaching them.
God Bless

Gobeyond
07-26-2024, 03:44 PM
When people are searching for God then yeah, they're making it up as they go along, searching, picking and choosing what seems to fit. Some people find Jesus Christ. Some people actually end up using abortion clinics as political and legal cover for ritual sacrifices. And then there are all the shades in between. Is it luck of the draw or just being like you were before passing through the water and into these physical bodies? I don't know. But how ever it is this refining process is managed I do know that God is fair.

I know that only a few find the narrow gate. There are taxes in the church growing right along with us. And as you say some are still in the flesh as before they got baptized. Some from every religion and walk of life will get to heaven. Some small comfort? But hang on to your faith and guard your heart. What church do you go to?

Gobeyond
07-26-2024, 03:48 PM
Works/working is awesome and Godly and profitable but has nothing to do with Salvation... and those folks you have been working with are lucky to have you coaching them.
God Bless

We are saved by faith. Works keep your faith alive. James 2:17

Alabama358
07-26-2024, 04:40 PM
I know that only a few find the narrow gate. There are taxes in the church growing right along with us. And as you say some are still in the flesh as before they got baptized. Some from every religion and walk of life will get to heaven. Some small comfort? But hang on to your faith and guard your heart. What church do you go to?

Did I misunderstand that?
Are you saying that "Some from every religion and walk of life will get to heaven"?

.429&H110
07-26-2024, 09:28 PM
I will second that!
It's not a religion, it's a relationship
Are you a son of God or not?
God is no respecter of persons.
Are you willing to die persecuted for your Faith?
That is all Jesus is asking.

Gobeyond
07-27-2024, 04:59 PM
Did I misunderstand that?
Are you saying that "Some from every religion and walk of life will get to heaven"?

Yes. The law is on all their hearts and some obey it close enough. They have a law unto themselves. And in Rev. many from every walk and nation nation are going into heaven. Sorry I’ll look them up.Rev 5:9 , Rom 2:14.

Gobeyond
07-27-2024, 05:04 PM
I will second that!
It's not a religion, it's a relationship
Are you a son of God or not?
God is no respecter of persons.
Are you willing to die persecuted for your Faith?
That is all Jesus is asking.

He is asking for enduring faith and a holy life, and obedience. But I can’t find anything wrong with what you said.

czgunner
07-27-2024, 06:29 PM
Yes. The law is on all their hearts and some obey it close enough. They have a law unto themselves. And in Rev. many from every walk and nation nation are going into heaven. Sorry I’ll look them up.Rev 5:9 , Rom 2:14.Do you take Jesus at his word when he said that nobody comes to the Father except through Him?

Alabama358
07-27-2024, 10:47 PM
Do you take Jesus at his word when he said that nobody comes to the Father except through Him?

Amen Brother!!!

Alabama358
07-27-2024, 11:38 PM
Yes. The law is on all their hearts and some obey it close enough. They have a law unto themselves. And in Rev. many from every walk and nation nation are going into heaven. Sorry I’ll look them up.Rev 5:9 , Rom 2:14.

There is no "close enough" my friend...The Law has nothing to do with salvation. (It was only the schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ. Galatians 3:24) It is Christ's work at the cross. Nothing more, nothing less

James 2:10
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

The every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation spoken of in Rev 5:9 are born again saved folks redeemed by the Blood of Christ. No Muslims, Jews, Buddhist, Hindus etc. unless they have forsaken their false religions and Believed on Christ

He is asking for enduring faith and a holy life, and obedience

If by "enduring faith" you mean faith in Christ's death,burial, and resurrection is all that is needed to be past from death onto life, you are a 100% correct.

Although both living a holy life and being obedient are good and pleasing to our Father.... They have nothing to do with salvation.

exile
07-28-2024, 01:20 AM
Amen, Alabama358! "By grace, through faith, in Christ alone!"

"What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? 'Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.'"

Romans 4:1-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
07-28-2024, 01:38 AM
"We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away."

Isaiah 64:6 (E.S.V.)

exile

"'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord: 'though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.'"

Isaiah 1:18 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
07-28-2024, 02:16 AM
Attending church cannot save you. Church membership cannot save you. Being born into a christian family cannot save you. Taking communion cannot save you. Being baptized cannot save you. Giving money to a televangelist cannot save you (though they sure work overtime to convince you of that.) Being a missionary in a foreign land cannot save you. Being a church deacon, elder or pastor cannot save you. Singing in a church choir cannot save you. Giving all your money to the poor cannot save you. Being persecuted for your faith cannot save you.

Even being martyred for your faith cannot save you, etc., etc., etc.,...

Nothing you can do can save you.

Only Christ's substitutionary death on the cross, his shed blood and his resurrection can save you!

However, you must make a personal, conscious decision before God to accept Christ for yourself alone. Universal atonement does not exist.

Your parents cannot make the decision for you, nor your wife, nor your husband, nor your pastor, etc.,....

You must make the decision for yourself, your life open to Christ at the foot of the cross.

Eternal life starts now! Do you want to spend eternity with Christ in heaven in the presence of God the Father?

Ask Christ to dwell in your heart today. Don't wait, tomorrow may never come! Then tell someone about your decision.

And you will have peace with God.

exile

ioon44
07-28-2024, 08:58 AM
John 14:6
New King James Version
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Gobeyond
07-28-2024, 06:14 PM
There is no "close enough" my friend...The Law has nothing to do with salvation. (It was only the schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ. Galatians 3:24) It is Christ's work at the cross. Nothing more, nothing less

James 2:10
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

The every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation spoken of in Rev 5:9 are born again saved folks redeemed by the Blood of Christ. No Muslims, Jews, Buddhist, Hindus etc. unless they have forsaken their false religions and Believed on Christ

If by "enduring faith" you mean faith in Christ's death,burial, and resurrection is all that is needed to be past from death onto life, you are a 100% correct.

Although both living a holy life and being obedient are good and pleasing to our Father.... They have nothing to do with salvation.

You are the one who doesn’t believe the scripture now. I don’t agree, But I don’t want to go there. What about you @Alabama358. Ever been persecuted even a little bit? Let’s stick to where we are alike.

Gobeyond
07-28-2024, 06:59 PM
Attending church cannot save you. Church membership cannot save you. Being born into a christian family cannot save you. Taking communion cannot save you. Being baptized cannot save you. Giving money to a televangelist cannot save you (though they sure work overtime to convince you of that.) Being a missionary in a foreign land cannot save you. Being a church deacon, elder or pastor cannot save you. Singing in a church choir cannot save you. Giving all your money to the poor cannot save you. Being persecuted for your faith cannot save you.

Even being martyred for your faith cannot save you, etc., etc., etc.,...

Nothing you can do, can save you.

Only Christ's substitutionary death on the cross, his shed blood and his resurrection can save you!

However, you must make a personal, conscious decision before God to accept Christ for yourself alone. Universal atonement does not exist.

Your parents cannot make the decision for you, nor your wife, nor your husband, nor your pastor, etc.,....

You must make the decision for yourself, your life open to Christ at the foot of the cross.

Eternal life starts now! Do you want to spend eternity with Christ in heaven in the presence of God the Father?

Ask Christ to dwell in your heart today. Don't wait, tomorrow may never come! Then tell someone about your decision.

And you will have peace with God.

exile

Suppose God said you’re not godlyif you haven’t been persecuted…. ‘ those who will live godly will have persecution’…2Tim 3:12

exile
07-29-2024, 02:53 AM
"And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 6:40 (NKJV)

exile

Alabama358
07-29-2024, 09:37 AM
You are the one who doesn’t believe the scripture now.

Please explain???

Which scripture?

Gobeyond
07-30-2024, 08:01 PM
Please explain???

Which scripture?

Post #42

Alabama358
07-30-2024, 08:17 PM
Post #42

Sorry, I am not following you...

Gobeyond
07-30-2024, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I am not following you...

There are two scriptures on post #42 that explain what scripture you are not believing, that say that some from every religion and walk are going to heaven. Some from every… will get saved. But as late as revelation is, those with a law unto themselves will go too. But I really don’t want this discussion. The thread is about persecution. Have you experienced any?

worker
07-31-2024, 01:22 AM
@Gobeyond, in my view, moral obligations do not mean to be 'equivalent in suffering'.

That's not our obligation, and we should not be measured by the amount of suffering equivalence.

--

We should seek equivalence in obeying the moral obligations as prescribed in Torah.
The subsequent 'tradition' (basically laws that we follow in our time) is essentially a set of 'fences' so that we do not break the obligations.

So we do not have to suffer the same way as our forebearers did, but we must not break the obligations we were given.

--
Rabbi Akiva said: Merriment and frivolity accustom one to sexual licentiousness; Tradition is a fence to the Torah; Tithes a fence to wealth, Vows a fence to abstinence; A fence to wisdom is silence.

ioon44
07-31-2024, 08:13 AM
John 14:6
New King James Version
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Thundarstick
07-31-2024, 10:02 AM
Act 17:30 - 31
In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

Clear to me there's ONLY one way!

Alabama358
07-31-2024, 12:56 PM
There are two scriptures on post #42 that explain what scripture you are not believing, that say that some from every religion and walk are going to heaven. Some from every… will get saved. But as late as revelation is, those with a law unto themselves will go too. But I really don’t want this discussion. The thread is about persecution. (I am guessing that you are asking about persecution for the sake of Christ?) Have you experienced any?

Yeah... I think I answered post #42 in post #46

As far as persecution for the sake of Christ:
- I have never had a blade held to my throat
- I have never been imprisoned
- I have never been beaten or beat-up, slapped or bullied
- I have seen scoffers and mockers try their wiles because my family and I try to live a Godly life and not a Worldly life. Said mutton heads are spiritual midgets and should be put in the rear view mirror (Matthew 10:14 Matthew 7:6)
- I have been associated as a toxic male that is not very inclusive. lol
- I have been suspended and censored on the internet for saying unpopular things... Truth is sometimes unpopular and even ugly for some folks... but that doesn't change the fact that it is still the truth and should be spoken in most cases
- I have been ostracized for holding modern day scholars "so called", TV preachers and best selling authors to account for their lust of money and power (Matthew 21:12-13)

Truth is, I do not think that we are living in end-times persecution...not now, it is coming but this is not that season of severe persecution...not in this country anyway

I have seen the folks that crawl through broken glass and even have themselves hoisted up on a cross to show themselves as suffering or those that stripe themselves with a whip during prayer to show how they suffer.

To me, it almost seems like they are trying to take the glory that belongs to Christ Jesus for his work at the cross.

Maybe they would be better off joining one of those groups where they sit around in one of those boo-hoo circles and have a good cry and talk about how the world is screwing them.

It has been my experience that "Most" of the time that a situation reaches a fever pitch and someone is about to or getting a beat down... they probably could have avoided it by not trying to push their own ideas and views and just moved on.
You see...that is the big difference, Severe Persecution doesn't have the move on option.

Gobeyond
08-01-2024, 10:31 AM
Thank you. Persecution is persecution my friend, though not severe in this country. It is not the time of severe persecution in this country, but elsewhere! I appreciate your stance. Christians get up each time they are put down and have Gods protection when they are witnessing to His views and not their own.

Gobeyond
08-02-2024, 11:35 PM
I didn’t mean that the way it sounded. @Alabama358. We all have different views of scripture. Some of them get a little harsh to some others. No one has the complete truth to the exclusion of all others. We have to leave room for others and not be too rigid in our beliefs. To the alienation of kids and homeless because we can’t see it. It is almost awesome that you are so sure of yourself and that everyone who disagrees is wrong. I can see you have a heart and aren’t rigidly demanding your own way.

Good Cheer
08-03-2024, 09:05 AM
Add in that scripture is alive and keeps growing the more you study.

Alabama358
08-05-2024, 10:21 AM
I didn’t mean that the way it sounded. @Alabama358. We all have different views of scripture. Some of them get a little harsh to some others.I really didn't find anything offensive in that post or the way it sounded

No one has the complete truth to the exclusion of all others. We have to leave room for others and not be too rigid in our beliefs.

I think I am on the other side of the ledger on this one...
IF your beliefs are grounded from reading and studying the Bible with the help of the Holy Spirit and not watching YouTube videos or reading the latest worldly best selling books then by all means be very rigid beliefs and don't get tossed to and fro

Ephesians 4:14
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

It is almost awesome that you are so sure of yourself and that everyone who disagrees is wrong. I can see you have a heart and aren’t rigidly demanding your own way.
So sure of myself...lol
If you give me 10 at bats... I would probably strike out 3 times... and maybe get 1 hit.

It is Scripture that I have a 100% confidence in, not myself... I read it like it is written and do not add to it or try to take anything away.
Getting doctrine from the WORD and not trying to torture and twist the WORD to fit doctrine

Yes indeed I have a heart... When I am strongly witnessing the WORD it is not an attempt to get someone to fall inline with my views... I am simply proclaiming it as it is written... Its up to the individual to understand and believe.
I am wrong most of the time...but the WORD is correct 100% of the time without fail

Wayne Smith
08-05-2024, 11:50 AM
Do NOT underestimate what God can and will do. He has reached out to Muslim clerics directly just as he did to Paul. He will accomplish His ends, even if we cannot see how.

ioon44
08-05-2024, 06:08 PM
:popcorn:

Gobeyond
08-05-2024, 09:39 PM
Beep

Good Cheer
08-05-2024, 10:43 PM
Do NOT underestimate what God can and will do. He has reached out to Muslim clerics directly just as he did to Paul. He will accomplish His ends, even if we cannot see how.

I'm one of those people who understand we're living within an ongoing act of creation so yeah, no doubt, God will get things done.

Alabama358
08-06-2024, 12:08 PM
Do NOT underestimate what God can and will do. Is that like a Captain Obvious statement or am I missing something?

He has reached out to Muslim clerics directly just as he did to Paul. What are the names of said Muslims clerics?
Surely there must be some record if God himself reached out to them..."just as he did Paul"
What was his message when he reached out to them?
What was their response to God reaching out to them?

He will accomplish His ends, even if we cannot see how. Kind of another Captain Obvious statement with a small dose of presumptuousness of actually knowing what Gods ends are.

Thundarstick
08-07-2024, 04:57 AM
This place is turning into "The Pit" North!:roll:

czgunner
08-07-2024, 12:21 PM
I don't doubt that God has sent his message to many people all over the world. Specifically telling them to repent, accept Jesus Christ as their savior and leave their false religion behind.

ioon44
08-07-2024, 02:05 PM
Amos 3:7
English Standard Version
For the Lord God does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.

Alabama358
08-07-2024, 04:22 PM
I don't doubt that God has sent his message to many people all over the world. Specifically telling them to repent, accept Jesus Christ as their savior and leave their false religion behind.

!00% Correct

One of the cruelest things folks can do is to not speak truth to False Religions (all of them) because they are afraid that they may offend someone.

When in fact, their timidity is not a work of kindness...
Watching folks walk down the path of eternal damnation and doing nothing for fear of how it makes you look is in no way shape or form kindness... it actually is very selfish and even cowardly

Jesus had no problem calling out false Religions

Gobeyond
08-09-2024, 12:43 AM
That’s where the real persecution comes from standing up and telling a Muslim he is wrong.
God has started a church in Iran by appearing to people. There are none with greater faith. The church grows in many countries. They are given such a gift. Like He gave me. The willingness to obey him. I served him 20 years for the twenty I failed Him. God loves timid people, he wants everybody to be an evangelist on some level. I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me’. Not all have the same gifts and opportunities. We don’t all learn the same things, not the same strengths and none of us has the corner on the whole truth. That’s what I say let your brothers live and have their being. Don’t alienate them. Even let the sons of men live and pray for them, perhaps they will come around or not. As much as is possible be at peace with all men.

It’s not working in Israel’s case but they seem to be letting alone foreign peoples in Great Britain right now. What is this strategy.

Gobeyond
08-09-2024, 10:35 PM
On a lighter note. I bet Chinese Christian’s could comfort us good. Nigerian Christian’s get comforted by going to heaven. Hindus are being slaughtered in Bangladesh again. But they are persecuting Christian’s in India. All the unrest, but Jesus promises rest. All the mayhem, but God is of order. All the expanded minds but they are without God. Did you hear that abortion should be legal for those who would use it, Biden is against abortion but he wants it legal, so people can really be free.

That’s a laugh. Do they really expect to find freedom this way. Most important word in somebody’s dictionary. Without God they are not thinking clearly. All conjecture, can’t happen. Not enough time.

Do we be raptured or be beheaded by the antichrist? I’m asking you

.429&H110
08-10-2024, 12:58 AM
Freedom?
Freedom is not a God Given Right.
Freedom is a decision of men who decide they will be free.
Men who are willing to die for their freedom.
I behead snakes. I'm not gonna be beheaded anytime soon.
Because I am free.
Free to worship, to serve God any way I choose, and so do you have that right, in America.
That is the Right America's Constitution gave you. Not God.
So far. Because long ago America chose freedom.
"All men Created equal" is the idea. Every day we have that same choice.
Choose well. Some will persecute you for your choice. Fine. Bring it.
We are no longer Judeans carrying Roman gear the extra mile.

Gobeyond
08-11-2024, 09:50 PM
We are slaves of Christ of whom it behooves us to go the extra mile for Him. We serve Him with dignity yes and free to do so. We are free from the condemnation of sin. We are free from the law to obey all its details and ceremonies. All things are legal but all things are not helpful. We are free to obey the laws of the land and the law of love out of love for Christ, nothing stopping us. Yes we are free to worship as we please but so are the satanists now so it’s lost some of its meaning. It used to be for Christian’s now for the antichrist.

We can be persecuted and when we are, it is for Christ who comforts us from the Bible Paul was persecuted. He got much comfort from the lord and circumstances that helped him. It strengthens our faith. All things work together for good this is very freeing. To do the will of God and somehow have it turn out good for us. God doesn’t leave us alone as orphans. Those who are free in Christ are free indeed. The fore fathers must have realized this, were founded on Christian principles. Some of those persecuted in foreign countries don’t even have a Bible. Could you imagine that no Bible for comfort. But as I say they have been given a gift so big for those that love his appearing.

Jesus loves us it’s freeing. He wants us free to do his will. Free of governments, religions, hang ups, preconceptions, fear. So the church can be, and grow and continue. We had a revival but we need a break through to keep it going. Maybe it’s the end though.

ioon44
08-12-2024, 08:28 AM
John 15:18-25
English Standard Version
The Hatred of the World
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.
23 Whoever hates me hates my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’

.429&H110
08-12-2024, 01:46 PM
I am indeed a slave to Christ, but never to this world.
I will gladly walk any and all extra miles with you if you will walk with me.
I was in service all my life, some people treated me like a servant, very few like a friend.
Alaska service was like retiring, the people are actually kind.
After 40 years of yankees I am really done with mean people.
I brushed their dust off my sandals.
I am free, in Christ, because that is my choice.

"The customer is always right"
No. The customer must always feel he is right.
Entitlement is a learned arrogance that has ruined this country.
Neither arrogance nor entitlement have any place in any church. Or shooting range.

My last Alaskan boss charged my customers $2 a minute. (20 years ago)
I have a talent for finding and fixing a freezing house, quickly, day or night.
Yankees grumbled, Alaskans were delighted.
I wasn't free, I was expensive. But free, now, retired.

Gobeyond
08-14-2024, 02:22 AM
I’m retired too. The world’s freedom is not a God given right. He doesn’t want us to do whatever we want. He wants us to serve Him with our lives. He doesn’t want us to murder, fornicate, disobey the Ten Commandments, be dishonest or lie. These things have consequences. He doesnt want division or self righteousness and tell other people they are going to hell because they don’t believe like I do. He wants us to be patient with them and meek and pray for them so they don’t become our enemies.

We could warn them and love them anyway, be patient and understanding because they are still brothers and sisters. But all day long we are killing each other. I’m right you’re wrong. I have the truth you have tainted it. It just makes us more stubborn and more stiff necked. They may seem wrong but it’s not a helling offense. It’s the fruit of our lives, the obeying Jesus, it’s if you don’t make someone twice the son of hell as you

How did the Jews survive for so long in the same religion. They taught their kids they followed the Bible and discipline in raising them. They instilled love and a holy life.

I go the extra mile in service do your own blessing of the people. It sounds like you have. You don’t need me to go with you. You will be judged on what you have said and done. Don’t worry you got it. But some people just want to be right.

He doesn’t want pride He wants a broken spirit someone to give a little not division not beating them over the head with the Bible. There are those in every denomination that are studies up and staunch. But wars and factions are just wrong and some are wrong but let God do the judging.

.429&H110
08-15-2024, 01:23 PM
Amen.
We are not to judge, but we must discern according to only one reference, His Book.

Gobeyond
08-15-2024, 08:17 PM
I know and it’s ok if people disagree. But I don’t like to argue. Any persecution in your life @.429&H110 ? You got a hot load for your 44…. Seems like a limited subject in this country. I bet the Christian’s in Europe now are knowing persecution. Why won’t anybody stand up to Muslims except Israel and USA kinda. Even the Palestine supporters won’t listen.

.429&H110
08-15-2024, 10:07 PM
Persecution in the old folks village is kind of limited.
Coyotes doing their thing, I'm walking my dog but coyotes are just doing what they do.
I persecute coyotes with my wristrocket, I'd like a whack at the puma.
Maybe the coyotes told the puma, 30 yards is too close.

At the University I had a student worker who was Evangelical. You might find him annoying.
He was 12 years in the Army, getting an associates degree in Process Tech.
I taught him refrigeration and now he is making six figures somewhere in Idaho.
We were called to Human Resources four times, and warned of complaints that we made people "uncomfortable".
As a student worker he did dawn and evening classes, worked 6 tens for shop six.
One day at 5 o dark AM he came upon a ???? taking down the campus flag to put up the rainbow flag. He took on four of them and the campus police broke up the fight and arrested the whole group. No harm done, everybody had to write a sorry letter. Steve wrote he was sorry they thought they should take down the American flag, but next time he would just call the cops. (Not likely)

Persecution these days is speech being cancelled.
We have a ready answer and the sheep are taught not to bleat.
"Sounds of Silence"

Thundarstick
08-16-2024, 08:41 AM
Why won’t anybody stand up to Muslims except Israel and USA kinda. Even the Palestine supporters won’t listen.

So is this what this thread is really about? If your not "standing up" to other religions, and being persecuted for it, your somehow a lesser? BTW, one doesn't have to support Islam to be AGAINST a genocide! Jesus doesn't condone murder anywhere, for any cause. Many need to look at how Christians are treated in Zionist, so called Israel, FYI just like Muslims! I guess has been justified in Jesus name since the first century, so why stop now. :roll:

ioon44
08-16-2024, 09:48 AM
"BTW, one doesn't have to support Islam to be AGAINST a genocide!"

The followers of Islam are the only ones calling for genocide.

Bowdrie
08-16-2024, 02:02 PM
The followers of Islam are the only ones calling for genocide.

For the Ishmaelites little to nothing has changed since the days of Abraham.

King James Bible, Genesis 16:12
"And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren."

English Standard Version
"He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.”

~1,400 years of inbreeding has not helped matters.
Nikolai Sennels, a research psychologist, estimates that upwards of 50% of all Muslims in the world are inbred, in Pakistan the numbers approach 70%, in Saudi Arabia 67%, in Jordan and Kuwait 64%, in Sudan 63%, in Iraq 60%, UAE and Quatar 54%.
The damage done to their DNA is insurmountable and irreversible.

.429&H110
08-16-2024, 02:45 PM
I suppose persecution is in the eye of the beholder. We are told to cast out motes...

If I stop you from pulling down Old Glory to raise the rainbow flag, is that persecution?
If the campus police stops me from stopping you, is that persecution?
If Human Resources tells me what speech is allowed on a State campus, is that persecution?

Surely, by definition. We must beware of drifting meanings from a drifty media.
A good study of etymology is the drifting word "truth".

Persecute from 1967 Webster's 7th: 1) to harass in a manner to injure, grieve, or afflict : to cause to suffer because of belief 2) to annoy with persistent or urgent approaches: pester

So apparently you don't have to kill someone to persecute them, just hurt their feelings.
I would wonder how drifty Google defines it, these days. If it's funny, I'll post it.

Alabama358
08-16-2024, 03:47 PM
I suppose persecution is in the eye of the beholder. We are told to cast out motes...

If I stop you from pulling down Old Glory to raise the rainbow flag, is that persecution?
If the campus police stops me from stopping you, is that persecution?
If Human Resources tells me what speech is allowed on a State campus, is that persecution?

Surely, by definition. We must beware of drifting meanings from a drifty media.
A good study of etymology is the drifting word "truth".

Persecute from 1967 Webster's 7th: 1) to harass in a manner to injure, grieve, or afflict : to cause to suffer because of belief 2) to annoy with persistent or urgent approaches: pester

So apparently you don't have to kill someone to persecute them, just hurt their feelings.
I would wonder how drifty Google defines it, these days. If it's funny, I'll post it.

I recon it is a good thing we have life's company handbook that is 100% truth.
It pretty much has all the answers

.429&H110
08-17-2024, 03:23 PM
Wikipedia wanders all over the place.
Etymonline specifies religion, from the 14th century with a drift in 1961 that shows in Webster's 7th

Google takes a harsh view:
"What are five forms of persecution?"
Persecution | Definition & Examples - Lesson | Study.com
Examples of persecution include the confiscation or destruction of property, incitement of hatred, arrests, imprisonment, beatings, torture, murder, and executions.

For what I mean by persecution, I cannot do better than this from biblehub:

The Beatitudes

(Psalm 1:1-6; Luke 6:20-23)

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Amen

Good Cheer
08-18-2024, 09:49 AM
Those of the world will persecute those of the spirit?
Oh my, why, imagine that!

.429&H110
08-18-2024, 02:28 PM
Amen to that.

Gobeyond
08-19-2024, 03:04 PM
Those of the world will persecute those of the spirit?
Oh my, why, imagine that!

Yeah why, nothing about it is illegal!

.429&H110
08-19-2024, 03:45 PM
Illegal?
If you hurt somone's feelings, that is unlawful illegal hate speech persecuting them.
You violated their civil rights. How does the Anti's get away with that?
They trash and burn private and public property, that's a protest against persecution.
We kicked God out of school, we are reaping what we sowed.

Gobeyond
08-20-2024, 04:46 PM
I see more good examples of persecution. I meant nothing illegal about Christianity and the fruits of the spirit. What harm has the gospel ever done but to do what it says- offend a few. But you’re right this is anti christ. It doesn’t make any sense how they can love what is evil to us. No sustainability because evil is the destruction of the soul. How long will it be fun to the unbeliever. But we are not going to know because God will end it before too long.

Do you believe what the pope is saying that the heart is good and people are good. A departure from the Bible. He also encourages gay people to keep seeking their rights. And Mary worship is out of hand. Big ole tweak. It’s getting lonely out here for Bible believing people with a world view for serving God and scripture alone. Men’s pride getting in the way. Ha.

ioon44
08-20-2024, 05:31 PM
Matthew 7:13-14
English Standard Version
13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Gobeyond
08-20-2024, 06:33 PM
Amen. I mean is that why it’s so alone here? Do you think we are going to have to die or….. what do you think @ioon44

ioon44
08-20-2024, 06:43 PM
We are all going to die at some point, but death is only the beginning of eternal life. Choose this day who you will serve, Jesus Christ or the Anti-Christ.

Alabama358
08-21-2024, 10:08 AM
Here is arguably one of the best examples of Persecution... Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego had a choice to either comply or go into the fire!
They chose well

Daniel 3:13-20 (28-30)
13 Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Then they brought these men before the king.
14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.

28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, in the province of Babylon.

- Real Persecution
- Real Men with faith and Fortitude
- Real success through obedience in the Lord

Gobeyond
08-22-2024, 04:10 PM
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/bangladesh-violence-on-christians-muslim-turns-to-christ-christians-threatened-by-mob-businesses-boycotted.8307898/

Gobeyond
08-26-2024, 04:11 PM
Excuse me for talking about persecution because real men don’t experience any unless it’s life threatening. So am I to believe that you shrug off rejection and evil speaking of you and being ostracized or anger or condemnation or threats of physical violence or they couldn’t care less. Do we witness? Nothing that has hurt you? No one in a ministry. No perils of your own country men. Nothing like the sorrows or suffering of Paul as he was in ministry. No love those who hate you and praying for them. But why, no enemies?

I’m really interested if anybody has suffered. Not because Ive gone through so many petty things. Foreign country. Anything?