PDA

View Full Version : Pacific case luber machine???

mikenbarb
02-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Im wondering if anyone knows about the Pacific case luber that mounts to a wall or bench? I see one but not sure how its used or if it works good and it looks to have a pad of some type and on the end of a bracket assembly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lloyd Smale
02-23-2009, 08:38 AM
got a link to it?

1hole
02-23-2009, 03:45 PM
If it's a Pacific tool, it's long since left the scene so it must not have been a success in the market. I've been at this a long time, remember when Pacific was a giant in reloading but that was a long time ago. (Pacific introduced our now standard interchangeable shell holders and 7/8" x 14 dies.)

mikenbarb
02-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Not sure on how to link but its just a fabric material type end on a rod and bracket by the looks of it. It looks good but dont know if I want to chance it. Spray lube and pads work good and their time proven.

Pressman
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Mike, we need a picture of that thing. The only Pacific lube/sizer fit into the press.

1Hole, Pacific invented the press as we know it along with the 7/8-14 dies - but they used an interchangable ram for a shellholder. RCBS invented the shellholder we use today, in 1955.
Ken

1hole
02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
"1Hole, Pacific invented the press as we know it along with the 7/8-14 dies - but they used an interchangable ram for a shellholder. RCBS invented the shellholder we use today, in 1955. Ken"

Ah yes, faulty memory strikes again. Pacific had the shell holder cut into the top of the ram and we had to get rams for each head size. Fred Huntington did come up with the interchanagable shell holders. But, his S.H. tops were made to the same dimensions as Pacific's so they could all work with the still new Pacific designed 7/8" x 14 type dies, meaning that the cut-out for the case head was .125" deep (and still is).

Memories fade, much of our history gets forgotten. New guys think it all came about recently, by magic. :roll:

mikenbarb
02-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Its nothing like those types and this one has a bracket that gets screwed down to a wall or bench. Im trying to do a pic or link but cant figure it out.:(

scrapcan
02-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Is this what you are talking about? The attached picture has a case lubricator next to the c-h 4 station press. I talked to Jim about this via email and he said he liked it. Jim had sent me a primer catcher for a C-H H frame press. miss conversing with him. Hope he is able to rest in peace.

Pavogrande
02-26-2009, 12:50 AM
The one in my pacific catalog #7 - about 1950 I think -- shows a lube-sizer labeled "Two in One" " It greases and sizes 500 to 2500 bullets, with one stick of lubricant, without soiling the hands" $10 --
Pacific Gun Sight Company
424 Balboa Street, San Francisco, Calif.
I think they moved to Palo Alto calif in the mid fifties --

Appears to be a bench mount --

It looks quite like a saeco --

Pressman
02-26-2009, 11:26 AM
That is the Olson Lubricator. It was sold by the maker and Herter's. Interestingly the Herter's version litrature shows it mounted to a rear strut bolt on an RCBS A model press. The Herter's version is marked Olson.
Ken

mikenbarb
02-26-2009, 09:19 PM
If your talking about that ring thing thats not it. This is a blue color.
PS- I wish Jim was still hanging around here also. Tons of knowledge and a great person.:(

Pressman
02-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I had nearly forgotten about this one. It is a case luber that works Ok. I have not taken the time to sort out the history of it.
Ken

mikenbarb
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Thats it!!! Now how the heck did you get that pic to copy??LOL. Thanks.:drinks:
Any idea how that thing works?