PDA

View Full Version : Colt Trooper with holster wear

brianintheup
02-22-2009, 10:11 PM
I have a colt trooper that was a police trade in and it has bad holster wear. Other than that the gun is great. Should I leave it the way it is or get it reblued? If reblueing send it off, cold blue, or some other way?

Brian

deltaenterprizes
02-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Tha gun is not worth a whole lot of money, put a little cold blue on it if tou want, save the money and put it toward another gun in better condition.
I have a soft spot for Troopers,it was my first .357 mag!

bobk
02-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Which Trooper? If it's an old I frame gun, it immediately preceded the Python, and is basically the same gun. Python barrels fit, etc. The later ones were an entirely different design.

Bob K

smkummer
02-23-2009, 08:05 AM
And it will look great but you will also have to add the high shipping both ways. So it will cost $250 total. You didn't say if it was an original trooper or MK3/MK5. If it is the old original, they will also correct any timing issues it may have developed.
I have several Colts and I have yet to send one in for reblue because I can usually find another holster worn gun for the same price. And as others have said sometimes cold blue can help alot.

Lloyd Smale
02-23-2009, 09:10 AM
guns got character. Id leave it as is.

brianintheup
02-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Everyone has given me something to think about thanks for the input.

Brian