PDA

View Full Version : Easy leg-o-deer

Hackleback
01-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Quick and simple way to do a roast or leg-o-deer.

Put a roast in a turkey roasting bag a per the bag instructions ( a TBS of flour and a couple of steam vent slits in the top) and add one pouch of Lipton onions soup mix. You can also add sliced onion, carrots .... if you desire. Place in a low oven, say 275 F for 3-4 hours. Put it in the oven at lunch time and dinner is waiting when you get home. The meat has enough moisture (without adding more) that you will have a fair bit of gravy when done for your taters. The meat will be fall off the bone tender plus nice and moist. The rosting bag appers to be the trick to keep the very lean venison moist. I think we all have had game roasts that were flavorfull but were dry to the point that it grew in your mouth the more you chew it.

Enjoy

Scrounger
01-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Quick and simple way to do a roast or leg-o-deer.

Put a roast in a turkey roasting bag a per the bag instructions ( a TBS of flour and a couple of steam vent slits in the top) and add one pouch of Lipton onions soup mix. You can also add sliced onion, carrots .... if you desire. Place in a low oven, say 275 F for 3-4 hours. Put it in the oven at lunch time and dinner is waiting when you get home. The meat has enough moisture (without adding more) that you will have a fair bit of gravy when done for your taters. The meat will be fall off the bone tender plus nice and moist. The rosting bag appers to be the trick to keep the very lean venison moist. I think we all have had game roasts that were flavorfull but were dry to the point that it grew in your mouth the more you chew it.

Enjoy

I do that with beef roasts. I put carrots, onions, and potatoes in the bag, too, and they all cook up nicely. Don't forget the salt, pepper, sage, garlic, chili powder, whatever. For variety, dump in a can of diced tomatos and maybe a cup of salsa. A one dish meal.