PDA

View Full Version : Rightly Dividing

Bowdrie
06-12-2024, 11:21 PM
Jesus showed us a prime example of Rightly Dividing when He was in the temple and read from the scroll of Isiah 61.
He stopped after only reading verses 1>3, why? because everything after verse 3 is still in the future, and it's about the restoration of Israel and its people after the tribulation has ended, it's about the new "Kingdom".

Another issue of rightly dividing is to realize that we the "Body of Christ", who have been saved after the death/burial/resurrection of Jesus are not the "Bride of Christ", we have been saved in the "Age of Grace", as written by Paul in 1st Corinthians 15:1>4.
Our Gospel is Grace thru Faith in the shed blood/death/burial/resurrection of Jesus the Son of God.

In Deuteronomy 7:6 and 14:2 we're told the description of those who are the bride, and in Isiah 54:5 and in Jerimiah 3:14 and 31:31>33 we're told that Jesus is the "husband" of Israel.
We're also told in Rev. 21:9,10 who the "Bride, the wife of the Lamb," is, and it's not for the Church, it's for the Jews.

The "Church/Gentiles" don't live there, it's the Kingdom for the Jews, and the 12 Apostles are going to judge the 12 tribes, they don't "judge" us the Church, we're not part of that at all.

Jesus has to redeem both Heaven and Earth, Heaven was defiled by the rebellion led by Satan and the earth was defiled by Adam's sin brought on by Satan.

We're told that God will also create a New Heaven and a New Earth.
The New Heaven is for us the Church, as Paul told us that we the Church will live in Heavenly Places, Ephesians 1:3>6, and Phillipians 3:20.
The New Jerusalem is the Kingdom OF Heaven, (emphasis added to clarify that it is NOT a kingdom IN Heaven,) and that's where the Jews will call home. The new Jerusalem comes down from Heaven above the restored land of Israel.
Remember all those uncountable numbers of people "under the alter", the ones who are waving the palm branches?
They are the ones who are spread-out around the New Earth.

Those who think the Church was somehow "Grafted into" Israel and the Abrahamic covenant are wrong.
In Romans 11, Paul is speaking to the "Proselytes", they are the Gentiles who converted to Judaism, they got themselves circumcised and adopted the Mosaic Law and Jewish customs.
We the Church were never "grafted" into Israel or the Jewish people,

Paul makes it quite specific in 2nd Corinthians 5:17, that we are a NEW creation, and in Hebrews 9:15 he writes we are under a NEW covenant, there isn't any of this "grafting in" for the Church.

When you start to understand that God does indeed have different plans for different peoples then Scripture becomes much easier to understand without so much confusion.
Part of rightly dividing is realizing that ALL of the Bible was written FOR us, but not all of the Bible was written explicitly TO us the Church.

ioon44
06-13-2024, 12:28 PM
Ephesians 2 11-17

11Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

14For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has torn down the dividing wall of hostility 15by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace 16and reconciling both of them to God in one body through the cross, by which He extinguished their hostility.

17He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

dannyd
06-13-2024, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately very few Pew Warmers take the time to Rightly Divid their KJB, so most of the time they live in confusion and chaos.

Especially in times like we are living in now, because some think the Church is the New Jew and we are only to have prosperity per the T.V. preachers. ;)

Bowdrie
06-13-2024, 06:14 PM
Yes, those verses in Ephesians, (and to the end of that chapter,) are Paul explaining to the Gentiles that since Jesus had paid the price for sin that they no longer had to circumcise themselves and adopt the Mosaic Law.
That now, under the age of Grace that all could be saved, (have access to the Father by ONE spirit, (my emphasis).
Paul is explaining how the Jesus tore down the barriers to salvation, the "promise" of God was that Gentiles could now be saved without "becoming" Jews, (a grafted in branch to the "tree" of Israel).
The "Has made the two one" in verse 14 isn't about Gentiles receiving the Abrahamic Covenant or a Kingdom, it's about Jews and Gentiles becoming "One in Christ".
The whole issue of salvation for Gentiles, (without becoming a Proselyte,) was a mystery until God revealed it to Paul, 1st. Corinthians 2:7>9.
When we read verse 8, we should be thankful it stayed a mystery until shown to Paul.

Good Cheer
06-13-2024, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately very few Pew Warmers take the time to Rightly Divid their KJB, so most of the time they live in confusion and chaos.

Especially in times like we are living in now, because some think the Church is the New Jew and we are only to have prosperity per the T.V. preachers. ;)

Best by making profitable use of a Strong's Concordance, a good interlinear and various of the many other tools keyed to the King James.

Nines&Twos
06-14-2024, 03:57 PM
Best by making profitable use of a Strong's Concordance, a good interlinear and various of the many other tools keyed to the King James.

Well there you go with that common sense thing again.....:kidding:

So much is lost without those tools. I'm confounded by the number of people out there that think because they can read english they're a top shelf scholar.
Everyone should also own a copy of the original 1611 KJV....not for reading...it's terrible for that....EVERYONE should read the opening letter written by the scribes and scholars that translated the Hebrew/Chaldean/Greek manuscripts. Their words are a real eye opener.

Alabama358
06-14-2024, 10:31 PM
When you start to understand that God does indeed have different plans for different peoples then Scripture becomes much easier to understand without so much confusion.
Part of rightly dividing is realizing that ALL of the Bible was written FOR us, but not all of the Bible was written explicitly TO us the Church. (That is a clever way to say disregard parts of the bible that you do not agree with... One could say "That was written to Them not Us")
It appears that you have had some NEW Revelations (my guess is that you studied up on some pre-trib Youtube videos and took notes)
Because a few weeks ago 4-22 you said the entire NT was written to ALL without respecter of person.
Also you said that both JEW and GENTILE, Dead or Living would be raptured together (at the time of the rapture)... but now you say there are INDEED different programs for different folks... maybe because that is the only way you can bend scripture to fit what I consider your false doctrine. See Below in your own words, or maybe they were typos

Yes, the NT is written to all, with no respecter of persons.

. That was in response to my question "- Is the New Testament written to everyone... all inclusive, without respect of persons, without exception, Jews/Gentiles, Same rules rewards and punishments for everyone?"

Some may argue, it's ok, I believe that the Apostles are part of the "Church". I could easily be wrong, but I believe that the "Church age" started with Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit, (for the first time,) came into and stayed within believers on a 24/7/365 basis.

And I do believe that the Apostles, and all the believers of both Jew and Gentile, whether having died or are living at the time of the Rapture will be "Taken away/snatched away/raptured", "The dead in Christ shall rise first, then we who are alive will be caught-up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air"

I'll say it again... When you state your opinion as FACT... that in itself does not make it so!
The only Facts are the words of scripture... Not what you try to make those words say

It is very noticeable that you will state a Bible verse but do not actually paste the bible verse in but instead choose to state what you want it to say... Your opinion

dannyd
06-14-2024, 11:33 PM

Yep, I am well prepared for the KJB. ;)

Bowdrie
06-15-2024, 12:39 AM
Here we go again, YES, when the rapture happens both Jew AND Gentiles WHO HAVE ACCEPTED CHRIST DURING THE AGE OF GRACE will go up in the rapture whether from the grave or alive.
Can you understand that?

No, I don't think you can, I don't think you believe in a pre-trib rapture, (or any rapture?,) if you did you wouldn't talk like that, and it's most certain you're not having an understanding of Paul's writings.

The different plans are NOT about the rapture event, they're about places and things after the rapture.
But if you don't believe that then little of the end times events or the parables of Jesus will you ever rightly understand, because you'll keep inserting the Church into places and events that they're not part of.

Can you not understand that all 7 years of the tribulation is general punishment to unbelieving Gentiles and particular punishment to unbelieving Jews.
When the rapture happens there will be NO believers left on earth, it's the unbelievers that go thru that 7 years.

Ok, I used the word "to", I also in the first post said that all of it was not "specifically" to us the Church.
Tell me, how long will you continue to try to trip me up on every word I say, every time I say something you don't agree with?

If you believe that the tribulation is something that God has planned for the Church then you need to carefully read Daniel 9:24. Pay particular attention to the parts, "Thy people and upon thy holy city".
If you "rightly divide", you'll see that God is talking to His people, the Jews, and His city Jerusalem.
The 70 "weeks" of punishment were interrupted by the 2,000 year 'Age of Grace", there is one "week" left of punishment, that "week" is the 7 years of tribulation.

As has already been mentioned, far too many Christians today who think they're the "New Jew".
They can't help it; the pastors of their church's certainty haven't helped dispense truth, (they've been telling their congregations forever that we the Church come riding back down to earth on white horses with Jesus to be the bride of Christ at the wedding, (or maybe to help Jesus fight the battle of Armageddon,) too bad, so sad.

The seven years of tribulation is NOT for us the Church, but if you don't believe in a rapture that removes the Church from that 7 years then you can never have any rightful discernment of what the tribulation is all about.
I'm sad for you, read some of the last words that Paul wrote, 2nd. Timothy 3:7, maybe even verse 8.

Good Cheer
06-15-2024, 04:33 PM
Yep, I am well prepared for the KJB. ;)

[smilie=w:

Nines&Twos
06-15-2024, 06:06 PM
I just got me a new copy of the Smith's Dictionary. That's an awesome reference.

I would love to have the Cyclopędia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature by James Strong and John McClintock but that set is prohibitively expensive.

dannyd
06-15-2024, 06:46 PM
I have quit talking to Pew Warmers about the Rapture or Judgment Seat, because it's something today's church does not want to hear, which in itself is Biblical.

Nines&Twos
06-15-2024, 07:02 PM
Pew potatoes certainly do cling to traditions of man....that make void the Word of God. Oops! That's Biblical too!

.429&H110
06-16-2024, 12:47 PM
I would go slowly on rightly dividing the pew warmers.
We all have a place in the Body, for God to Judge, not you.

We are all individual, made in His image, doing as He wills.
Whether we know it or not, want to or not.

Nines&Twos
06-16-2024, 01:42 PM

You're right about judgment but we are give the right to spiritual discernment and you can tell what kind of tree you got by the fruit is produces. If you're getting horse apples from a pear tree....maybe ease on down to the next orchard.

...and I won't argue too much with your last comment because for a FACT His will WILL be done...but most people ARE given free will to chose to love Him or not. Our Father doesn't force anyone to love Him. If a person chooses fire, He will certainly allow them to have it. ....and it's my personal belief only Christ was made in HIS image. The rest of us...well...His word says Let us make man in OUR image....another discussion for another time maybe.

At the end of the day though, we all have to repent for being judgmental ....or we should be or we're in for trouble. It's a pretty common apology I make to our Father.

dannyd
06-16-2024, 01:44 PM
I just the Pew Warmers would read their KJB like they read a Reloading Manual. Basically it says what it says and quit trying to interpret it.

Nines&Twos
06-16-2024, 02:01 PM
If by interpret you mean man twisting it to suit his own desires, then I agree 100%
If you mean the Word only has one singular meaning then sorry friend....Our Father's word is alive and can answer any question if prayerfully investigated. One can find peace and comfort ina passage where another finds nothing. Many Hebrew words have different meanings and often one must go even to the prime of the word used to find meaning. You simply cannot stand on the english language and expect to get a total grasp on everything. Take a dive into studying acrostics. You'll find the number 11 will show you many things.
...or a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek? Most people read right on past that like it's just a fancy title to say how awesome Jesus is. That makes me sad.
Christ said in Mark 13 I have foretold you all things.....but he says in Matthew 13 It's given to you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven but unto them it is not given. People can read the Bible all their lives and never see the forrest cause of the trees blocking their view.

dannyd
06-16-2024, 02:26 PM
I guess pick and choose would be a better term. I don't know Hebrew or Greek, just english, so that's why I read a KJB. What on page is what it says. :)

Nines&Twos
06-16-2024, 05:18 PM
I guess pick and choose would be a better term. I don't know Hebrew or Greek, just english, so that's why I read a KJB. What on page is what it says. :)

I can't read it either and too stupid to learn......but The Strong's Concordance is keyed specifically to the KJV and is the best [earthly] study aid you'll find.
....And YES you are right. I get a headache from the pick and choose. "Hey let's read part of a scripture and ignore the rest cuz that suits our traditions better." [smilie=b:

.429&H110
06-16-2024, 05:56 PM
Isaiah 46

8Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

9Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

12Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:

13I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

and Galatians 4

But when the fullness of time came, God sent forth His Son...

Good Cheer
06-16-2024, 06:59 PM
It is alive. Amazing.

Alabama358
06-17-2024, 09:18 AM

It is indeed a rocky road when we start comparing ourselves among ourselves. Lots of snares

2 Corinthians 10:12
12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

dannyd
06-17-2024, 10:10 AM
I am not comparing anything to anyone. Your a Fleet Marine if you did a Float, The people on the 1MC were talking to three to four different groups depending on the event and or the ship (LPH or LST).

1. Sailor's 2. Marine's 3. Pilots 4. Or all three Groups, It was our job to divide out what was for our particular group. Same with the KJB, Jew, Gentle or the Church.

Alabama358
06-17-2024, 01:23 PM
I am not comparing anything to anyone. I didn't mean to say that you were...only that it is a treacherous road to go down Your a Fleet Marine if you did a Float, The people on the 1MC were talking to three to four different groups depending on the event and or the ship (LPH or LST). I was, I did (LHA)

1. Sailor's 2. Marine's 3. Pilots 4. Or all three Groups, It was our job to divide out what was for our particular group. I like your analogy Same with the KJB, Jew, Gentle or the Church.

I Tend to look at it as just 2 Groups... Saved and Lost or sheep and goats,
That is to say, I do not think the Lord will be separating us like Jew sheep here, Gentile Sheep over there, Church sheep up on top of the bleachers.

Nines&Twos
06-17-2024, 02:06 PM
Peter was a pretty sharp ole' bird...for a non-deity I tend to trust the words he said....so what'd he say?

Acts 10:34-35

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him.

I read that as...don't matter if you're black, white, jew or puerto rican or whatever & that's good enough for me...if somebody needs more than that...mehh..good luck with that. [/sarcasm]

Bowdrie
06-17-2024, 07:11 PM
The "No respecter of persons" is about all being welcome to salvation, God put out the "I want people to accept my Son" sign and all who apply get hired no matter their "personage".

But don't kid yourself that there isn't any distinctions of authority, jobs, duties, responsibilities, or places where we live and work.
If you think God sent Jesus to die so that a bunch of lazy eight-balls could spend eternity sitting on a cloud and playing a harp you're sadly mistaken. LOL.

in 1st. Corinthians 12, Paul described the Body has having many members, none more important than others, but all perform different functions, (jobs, duties).
In Matt. 25, Jesus described how some will have more authority than others, "You have been faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things".
In 1st. Corinthians 6:2, Paul says, "The world will be judged by "You", (the Jews).
And in 6:3, he says, the "We", (the church,) "will judge angels".

After the Millennial Reign there's going to be a New Heaven, a New Earth, and a New Jerusalem.
The "homes", if you will, and the jobs, responsibilities, duties, will be different places.

Now the NLT says in 1st. Corinthians 6:2 that, "Someday we believers will judge the world".
Such a sad misleading translation, it diminishes God's covenant with Abraham and Israel.

ioon44
06-18-2024, 07:52 AM
1 Corinthians 6 King James Version (KJV)

Lawsuits Discouraged

1Co 6:1
Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints.

1Co 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

1Co 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1Co 6:4
If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

1Co 6:5
I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

1Co 6:6
But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

1Co 6:7
Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

1Co 6:8
Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

1Co 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Nines&Twos
06-18-2024, 08:30 AM
This generation certainly needs to read those verses more often...You can get sued nowadays for an unregulated release of methane in a confined place.

Alabama358
06-18-2024, 11:00 AM
1 Corinthians 6 King James Version (KJV)

Lawsuits Discouraged

1Co 6:1
Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints.

1Co 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

1Co 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1Co 6:4
If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

1Co 6:5
I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

1Co 6:6
But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

1Co 6:7
Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

1Co 6:8
Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

1Co 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Thanks Ioon for posting this scripture in its entirety

Question...Do you see

1Co 6:2 as being spoken to the Jews
&
1Co 6:3 is being spoken to the gentiles

Alabama358
06-18-2024, 10:28 PM
You say this now, but...

Another issue of rightly dividing is to realize that we the "Body of Christ", who have been saved after the death/burial/resurrection of Jesus are not the "Bride of Christ", we have been saved in the "Age of Grace", as written by Paul in 1st Corinthians 15:1>4.
Our Gospel is Grace thru Faith in the shed blood/death/burial/resurrection of Jesus the Son of God.

You said this a few weeks ago?

The rapture is for the "church", also known as "the bride", or "the bride of Christ".

If one is rightfully dividing the word... Which is it, the former or the latter?

It almost appears like a few weeks ago you said "the Church also known as "the bride" or "the bride of Christ."

Then you open a thread about rightfully dividing the word and edify us with the discernment that it is a major folly for folks to even consider that the Church be referred to as the "bride" or the "Bride of Christ".

That title belongs to the Jews under the segregated salvation program you speak of.

You should toss whatever Book your getting this new foolishness from.

Part of rightly dividing is realizing that ALL of the Bible was written FOR us, but not all of the Bible was written explicitly TO us the Church. HOGWASH!!!

Bowdrie
06-18-2024, 10:39 PM
Yes, I admit I misspoke/mistyped in those lines.
It was easy to do when you've got tubes sticking out of you and doctors pumping you full of things you can't pronounce.

Alabama358
06-18-2024, 10:49 PM
Yes, I admit I misspoke/mistyped in those lines.
It was easy to do when you've got tubes sticking out of you and doctors pumping you full of things you can't pronounce.

Sorry to hear that you are having health issues... We will put you in our prayers tonight

Bowdrie
06-18-2024, 11:32 PM
Thank you brother, and I'll try to proofread my posts better.