PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Scam

Tatume
05-24-2024, 03:17 PM
Needless to say, I didn't click any links and recommend you don't either. I disabled the email address too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pay_Pal Payment_Desk sent you a document to review and sign.
REVIEW DOCUMENT
Picture of Pay_Pal Payment_Desk
Pay_Pal Payment_Desk
kirbyc524 @ gmail.com
PayPal

Send Money Securely
Order id : 00145554MAY24

It’s a pleasure to connect with you !

PayPal Support Desk : +1(813)-823-8272 (Toll free).

Your money request from PayPal has been approved for the purchase of a revolver Smith & Wesson 43C worth $739.00.As we look upon your previous transactions ,we did not find any payment for these categorized purchases through your PayPal account. It looks cautious for now. Due to which, we are going to suspend your PayPal services for now and you may face strict legal action.

For your reference, click on “REVIEW DOCUMENT “for complete information.

Order Summary

Item ordered : (Revolver) Smith & Wesson 43C
Amount paid : $739.00
Order date: May 24, 2024
Payment mode : PayPal
Order location : Texas
Arriving on : May 25, 2024

If you have any issue with this transaction or PayPal account , call the PayPal relationship manager within 24 hours.

PayPal Support Desk : +1(813)-823-8272 (Toll free).

This email is addressed to and intended only for PayPal customers and is not spam. You may call the PayPal helpline to clarify any issues that you may have with regard to any information contained in this email.

Froogal
05-24-2024, 04:31 PM
I beat paypal to the punch. I suspended my account several years ago by simply not using it.

MUSTANG
05-24-2024, 04:35 PM
Always look at the E-mail from and info lines. Immediate tip off here is the Gmail account name: kirbyc524 @ gmail.com

nicholst55
05-24-2024, 04:40 PM
The grammar alone tells you that this was written by an ESL-individual, or a non American English speaker.

Half Dog
05-24-2024, 04:49 PM
I got one similar. I’m glad I didn’t click but I did call PayPal wanting an explanation.

Winger Ed.
05-24-2024, 05:24 PM
Yeah, always look at the email address.
No real company uses ones like that.

elmacgyver0
05-24-2024, 05:24 PM
Just forward it to phishing@paypal.com

rancher1913
05-24-2024, 05:27 PM
got something similar a few years ago and had paypal put a hold on my account just in case, went to try and reopen the account a few weeks ago and could never get anybody that spoke english and when i finally did they said the account was closed due to fraud and i tried to tell them yes but now its ok and to reopen the account, they did not understand and i told them to just shove my paypal account.

uscra112
05-24-2024, 05:32 PM
I beat paypal to the punch. I suspended my account several years ago by simply not using it.

Ditto, and cancelled the credit card they had on file.

K43
05-24-2024, 05:38 PM
"It’s a pleasure to connect with you !"
This is a tipoff as well as the sender address. Companies just don't make statements like this. Others include:
"I hope the day finds you well"
"Greetings and salutations"
Any minor chitchat stuff intended to ingratiate the sender with you. We are not receiving bajillions of dollars from a deceased African potentate with no descendants or one fleeing the country and chose you, of all people on planet Earth, to hold his hidden money for him.

bedbugbilly
05-24-2024, 06:37 PM
I received one as well - mine was for a supposed purchase for a little over $1,200.00 at the "Florida Apple Store" . . . . yea, right! "Delete!"

As mentioned, the sender's address is the first tip off that it's a scam.

There seems to be an increased influx in these scams lately. Not being "political", but one has to wonder if there is a correlation with all of the increases of numbers of "tourists" from the southern border. Where we winter in southern Arizona, there has been a large increase in scams - especially "older individuals" - where they get scammed out of thousands of dollars - every week we read of such things in the local crime reports that are listed in the local weekly paper.

Everyone should be careful - if something you get in your e-mail doesn't look kosher or feel right - it probably isn't.

steve urquell
05-24-2024, 06:41 PM
Just forward it to phishing@paypal.com

This is the correct answer. I've done it several times and do the same with other ones--not only paypal.

porthos
05-24-2024, 07:28 PM
had 2 e-mail purchases thru pay-pal this week. called pay-pal (the real one). there were no purchases on my account. my guess is that the false pay-pal wants you to call their phone #; they will probably ask you to verify your credit card #, then they GOTCHA!

Handloader109
05-24-2024, 08:06 PM
For any of you guys that click before questioning, it matters not what bank, or banking service you use, telephone or cell phone service, power company, or practically any other company, there ARE scam emails galore. Just delete and then if you REALLY want to question things, call the real number for the service you are concerned about. My spam folder is full of these and still a few get through

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

gwpercle
05-24-2024, 08:28 PM
Always look at the E-mail from and info lines. Immediate tip off here is the Gmail account name: kirbyc524 @ gmail.com

:goodpost:
Thanks ... I didn't know to do that ... Awesome Tip :drinks:
Gary

Whole Bunches
05-24-2024, 09:32 PM
Received a phone call from what sounded like a boy pretending to be a grandson. Kept calling me “grandpa”. I hung up, as none of my grandkids call me “grandpa”. They all have another name they call me and know to use that as our code. They came up with a name for me as a joke and it stuck. Likewise my wife is never called “grandma”.

35 Rem
05-24-2024, 10:51 PM
The grammar and informal language always gives Ahmad away when he tries to look legitimate.

MaryB
05-24-2024, 11:49 PM
I get 20+ scam emails a day like this... your account will be suspended, here is the invoice for blah blah b;ah blah purchase etc etc etc etc my spam filter catches them and I ignore them!

Big Tom
05-25-2024, 07:37 AM
Look for "Scammer Payback" on youtube - a great group of guys that kick these scammer pieces of sh...t in the behinds while showing how they operate (typically out of India and Pakistan).

Wag
05-25-2024, 10:37 AM
Bad grammar is usually the best giveaway. "It looks cautious for now."

That doesn't even make sense!

--Wag--

Eddie Southgate
05-25-2024, 10:45 AM
Truth told and scam aside 90% or more of the paypal employees you will ever contact directly just barely speak English and do that with an accent that makes them near impossible to understand.

DougGuy
05-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Right off the GIT-GO Paypal doesn't HAVE a "payment desk" or any other kind of desk.