PDA

View Full Version : new (to me) scam

tommag
05-20-2024, 11:29 PM
I received 3 texts tonight about a pre-checkin being cancelled. Since I have an appointment tomorrow, my initial thought was that it pertained to that. I'm glad I thought about it a moment instead of responding to it. I don't know what the hook is but I'm sure there is one.326828

MrWolf
05-21-2024, 08:59 AM
I just ignore those or mark them junk. Doc offices want you to download more damn apps for check-ins, etc. I tell them I am not downloading an app just to confirm a check-in. I made the appointment and said I would be there. Tell them have I ever missed one after seven years? Not the Pit so don't want to get started.

Baltimoreed
05-21-2024, 09:19 AM
I get pre appointment calls from my doc office and a phone message from my dentist. I don’t give out my email. I would have called them to check if they were canceling my appointment so I didn’t go there for no good reason. Id rather talk to a human than deal with a ai bot.

SciFiJim
05-21-2024, 09:27 PM
If you respond in any way, you confirm that your phone number is valid and in use. That is marketable info that scammers can sell.