PDA

View Full Version : Rain, rain, rain.

abunaitoo
05-19-2024, 12:52 AM
It's been raining everyday for the last two weeks.
Sometimes so hard, I can't even hear the TV.
Roads closed all over the place.
Friend doesn't want to leave his house.
Afraid they will close the road, and he won't be able to go home.
Almost go stuck last week, but he has a 4x4, so cop let him through.
Said his house in now in a pond.
Water all around.
Many Idiots drivers getting stuck in the water.
Seen on the news, a car with water over the doors.
I guess they thought they could make it.
Waiting for an EV, stuck in the water, to burst into flames.
Many homes flooded.
Every now and then, that thing they call a sun, peeks out.
Trying to finish a shed in the back.
Sun out, work on shed, rain starts, get wet.
Repeat.
At least it's not hot.
I'm wondering if the island will start to sink.

MaryB
05-19-2024, 01:25 AM
Need rain in MN... still coming out of a drought...

slim1836
05-19-2024, 03:04 AM
We've had our share too, everything around is saturated.

Slim

MrWolf
05-19-2024, 04:31 AM
Seems we have gotten our share too. Much rather have the rain than not. My strawberries are doing great.

Shawlerbrook
05-19-2024, 05:46 AM
Here in Central NY the winter was pretty snow barren but we have made up for it with a lot of rain and wind.

HWooldridge
05-19-2024, 09:19 AM
Spring is over. We hit 97 yesterday; it will be like this until September - unless a tropical storm wanders in from the Gulf.

As one of our old weathermen was fond of saying, “Hot and dusty…”

SSGOldfart
05-19-2024, 10:26 AM
bet he adds muggy this year, we have had one 24 hour period without Rain This month and it's still in the 90's already[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

Barry54
05-19-2024, 10:36 AM
It's been raining everyday for the last two weeks.
Sometimes so hard, I can't even hear the TV.
Roads closed all over the place.
Friend doesn't want to leave his house.
Afraid they will close the road, and he won't be able to go home.
Almost go stuck last week, but he has a 4x4, so cop let him through.
Said his house in now in a pond.
Water all around.
Many Idiots drivers getting stuck in the water.
Seen on the news, a car with water over the doors.
I guess they thought they could make it.
Waiting for an EV, stuck in the water, to burst into flames.
Many homes flooded.
Every now and then, that thing they call a sun, peeks out.
Trying to finish a shed in the back.
Sun out, work on shed, rain starts, get wet.
Repeat.
At least it's not hot.
I'm wondering if the island will start to sink.

Sounds tropical. Hot, wet, miserable!
Hopefully it will get better for y’all soon.

rockrat
05-19-2024, 10:45 AM
Rain, whats that??? Here, its more like real thin mud falling from the sky. Truck is filthy afterwards. Running sprinklers already and have for a few weeks, its so dry.

Hogtamer
05-19-2024, 10:46 AM
Monsoon season.

tinsnips
05-19-2024, 10:54 AM
Very windy here every day could use some of your rain. I will trade some wind for water.

AK Islander
05-19-2024, 12:33 PM
I live in a rainforest (same one as Markopolo, but different island) so it’s a regular thing. But even here two weeks of rain with no break gets people down. In 2020 we skipped summer - it was cold, windy and rainy from spring right into fall. Yukkk. Glad that doesn’t happen very often.

OP - the sun will eventually come out again, I hope you guys see it soon.

Gewehr-Guy
05-19-2024, 07:09 PM
I just drove through some blowing dirt from several fields of planted soy beans. From 20 miles away it looked like a large prairie fire. I slowed down to 20 mph so I wouldn't run into anything in front of me, blizzard like, but brown instead of white. Parts of South Dakota will take some of your rain.

Winger Ed.
05-19-2024, 07:46 PM
Your state continues to surprise me.
I figured that a bunch of mountains sticking up out of the ocean would drain pretty well.

Budzilla 19
05-21-2024, 09:10 PM
Where I live, in SW Louisiana, in the last15-19 days, we have had 22+ inches of rain! Dry on top the hills, but soggy everywhere else! I’m withya, Winger,

jdfoxinc
05-22-2024, 08:32 AM
Is the other side of the island dry? That's why lahina is popular with tourists. Desert conditions compared to the other side of the island.

waksupi
05-22-2024, 09:32 AM
Meanwhile in Montana, up to two feet of snow predicted in some areas.

35 Rem
05-22-2024, 09:43 AM
I envy those places that have little sunshine and hardly any summer. I always hated heat and sunshine and it gets worse as I get older. I don't even like to go outside except in late Fall or Winter.

MaryB
05-22-2024, 11:36 AM
I envy those places that have little sunshine and hardly any summer. I always hated heat and sunshine and it gets worse as I get older. I don't even like to go outside except in late Fall or Winter.

Move to northern MN... LOL

35 Rem
05-22-2024, 11:48 AM
Move to northern MN... LOL

I would if I didn't have emotional attachment to our farm that has been in the family since 1948. I often traveled up to the NE states on work trips and loved the snow piled up to mailbox level. I could be happy to never see direct sunlight for the rest of my life and no temp above 50. The twenties are best because you can go out and not sweat even if splitting firewood. I should have never been born in the south. :(

Barry54
05-22-2024, 03:33 PM
I would if I didn't have emotional attachment to our farm that has been in the family since 1948. I often traveled up to the NE states on work trips and loved the snow piled up to mailbox level. I could be happy to never see direct sunlight for the rest of my life and no temp above 50. The twenties are best because you can go out and not sweat even if splitting firewood. I should have never been born in the south. :(

Amen!

I walk the most in November and December. The least in August.