PDA

View Full Version : “Blemish” Brownell’s shop aprons

JDHasty
05-14-2024, 11:33 PM
I was horrified when I saw that their old standard shop aprons had been discontinued. I have a pile that my late mother patched that have never seen bleach, but are bone white from going through the automatic laundry so many times. They really do need to be replaced.

I have another that I use, but it’s much heavier fabric. Other than that I like it OK, but far prefer the thinner Brownells aprons.

So, when my buddy told me Brownells had located a vender to produce them again I was thrilled. I looked at their website and it said Blemish. It said that a mixup had occurred and the fabric was a bit thinner. I went ahead and put one on my order that arrived today and I think I am going to like it just fine. If a guy is looking for a thinner apron, these might be what you are looking for.

country gent
05-15-2024, 10:57 AM
Mom made Dads and my aprons ( later my wife) she had a pattern that was very nice and made them from white denim. They had 3 pockets 2 were up near the top 1 held pencil and 6" scale these were only attached across the top so they could swing not spilling when you bent over. the 3 was a pocket down about belt level. small suspenders were used to wear them.
A shop apron is a personal thing what 1 likes other may not.

waksupi
05-15-2024, 11:29 AM
I need to replace the ties on my old one. It's never seen a washing machine, and has plenty "character"!