PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle-Loaders.com scam alert

RogerDat
05-13-2024, 08:59 PM
I'm on the mailing list so I get emails from Muzzle-Loaders.com from time to time. I had an email come in that claimed to be from them saying I needed to pay an additional $6.79 in shipping on my order. Just click on the link. (yeah right)

Two big red flags. The actual email address wasn't @muzzle-loaders.com or anything in that name domain.

I hadn't recently ordered anything from them that could require additional shipping.

It appeared to me that someone had acquired a list of their customers email addresses and was using them to trick their customers who had pending orders to give up credit card info. Shortly after I received this message from muzzle-loaders.com email address.

*Alert* Email Notice
Dear Muzzle-Loaders Customer,
We are reaching out in regards to a recent event with our shipping partner ShipStation regarding additional shipping fee charges. We are aware of the issue and wanted to alert our customers to this event.
We implore that you DO NOT click any of the links sent to you regarding additional postage fees, as they are not from us. Please disregard the emails requesting extra shipping fees originating from "tracking@shipstation.com".
Muzzle-Loaders.com will never reach out via email regarding extra shipping fees, as shipping costs are all handled at the time of checkout.
We are actively monitoring the situation, and working on resolving the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience associated with this event, and will continue to update our customers accordingly.
Thank you again for your support and we hope you have a blessed day!

Yes, I am paranoid, but the real question is am I paranoid enough?

Hopefully this may help any other targets of this scam avoid having their credit card information stolen.

TNsailorman
05-13-2024, 09:31 PM
I have gotten several emails lately informing me that I need to complete my order or that they need an address to complete delivery. These are the headers on the email. I never open these emails, I immediately delete them. I do not open emails that I either don't know the person sending the email or I do not recognize the email sender address. I do phone calls the same way, no recognition, no answer. james

Gtrubicon
05-13-2024, 09:55 PM
I received the same email, and 20 minutes later received it again for the same dollar amount but it was from an eBay seller I’ve purchased from. Both deleted instantly.

Wheelguns 1961
05-13-2024, 10:01 PM
I received the same email, and then about 20 minutes later, got an email from the real muzzle-loaders.com telling me about the scam email. 20 minutes after that, I got another scam email telling me my package had shipped. I haven’t ordered anything from them in a couple years.

Baltimoreed
05-13-2024, 10:56 PM
Scammers gotta scam. Whipping in front of the courthouse is way too nice. I get these ‘emails’ from fellow cas shooters saying they found some photos id like to see but not really. Open them and its an ad, nobody wanting my id. I delete first, ask questions later.

Cast10
05-14-2024, 06:08 AM
Got it too! I blocked the email, which was not directly from Muzzle-Loaders.com.

trebor44
05-14-2024, 07:59 AM
So, I'm not the only one to get the scammers email message! This is not the first for sure, but it does show that despite years of 'warnings' about hackers and scammers the digital world is becoming more 'dangerous' daily and the frequency of these 'messages' will increase as AI becomes more ubiquitous! Gotta luv that 'technology'!

MrWolf
05-14-2024, 08:23 AM
It has gotten ridiculous lately. Also watch for the phone scams with them trying to get you to say yes. Been getting a lot of them with the AI voices. Doing a lot of blocking lately.

pietro
05-14-2024, 09:13 AM

Yes, if a phone call is received from an unknown source, NEVER use the word "yes" ( or "yeah") in ANY context. [smilie=b:

Sasquatch-1
05-14-2024, 09:19 AM
If I don't recognize the number or the name I don't answer the phone. Let it go to voice mail. If it is someone I want to talk with I will call them back.

scattershot
05-14-2024, 10:40 AM
You're not paranoid if they’re really out to get you.

Super Sneaky Steve
05-14-2024, 02:15 PM
I called the number and I'm glad I did. They said my grandson was in jail and I needed to give them $2000 in Apple gift cards to get him out.

Now he's out of jail, safe and sound.

trebor44
05-14-2024, 04:16 PM
Grandparents are so awesome! I can wait until I are one and don't have to share the wife's grandkids!