PDA

View Full Version : Need help, S&W top break #3 broke

moodyholler
02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
The sear tip on the trigger broke during last range session and I had it micro"tigED and recut it. It will not hold the angle now. Too soft I guess, even though he used T1 filler. Does anyone know a reputable smith or a source of parts? Thanks, moodyholler

mooman76
02-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Might try Dixiegunworks. They have a lot of antique gun parts or might be able to work something out.

EDK
02-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Mike Venturino has a pal named Tom Sargis (sp?) of Bozeman Trail Arms MFG 406-222-4702...phone # may be invalid. Maybe Mike can update info. He does some work on the more exotic old guns and replicas IIRC.:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

jhrosier
02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Moody,
IF there is enough metal left to reshape it, consider buying some Casenite from Brownells and hardening the part yourself.

Jack

Mike Venturino
02-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Tom doesn't work on old S&Ws but you can get in touch with him at gunsmith@imt.net. There's a fellow in North Carolina named Dave Chiccone who specializes in old top break S&Ws. I can't remember what he calls his business now but you might be able to google his name and find out.

I sold all my old top break S&Ws last year because they were too fragile and too valuable for much shooting. Besides I had lost interest in them.
MLV

moodyholler
02-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks, Mike, he emailed me this morning. When I get it back together, I am going to sell it and get an Uberti myself. Thanks, moodyholler

Mike Venturino
02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Moody: Don't be afraid of that Uberti 3rd Model .44 Russian. Its the only top break I kept and I sure like mine.
MLV