PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Mold for a Makarov

brianintheup
02-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Lee makes a bullet mold for the Makarov a round nose bullet 95gr. I am interested in a 95gr to 100 gr round nose flat point bullet. I haven't been able to find one. Is anyone interested in putting an order together? I am new to this forum so if some of you have already put together an order and have a round nose flat point Makarov mold you would like to sell let me know.

Brianintheup

JIMinPHX
02-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the board Brian.

You may want to post this question in the group buy section of the board. That's probably a better place for it. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

In the past, I think that there was talk of getting together a group buy for a wadcutter in that caliber, but this is the first time that I recall someone asking for a RNFP. Give her a run up the flag pole & see who salutes. It's worth a try.

If you don't get enough guys together for a group buy, then you can always go to one of the custom mold makers, but that gets a little pricey.

Another option, would be to take an existing RNFP mold in a similar caliber like .357 & get someone to stick it in a lathe to open up the diameter of the cavities a little bit. It is possible to do it on a milling machine too, but then you would either need a Wapenger head, a Narex head or a CNC system. It's usually easier to find a guy with a 4 jaw chuck on his lathe.

One way or another, you can get what you want. Just keep sniffing around until you find it.

Regards,
Jim