PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Update

greybuff
04-22-2024, 04:54 PM
I said I would post an update after surgery. So to begin with THANKS to all who were praying for me, they were much needed and very felt. It's to early to know how it will all turn out but the Dr was right about one thing. He said I would hate them for at least 2 weeks and I'm one week out today. I have never been in so much pain in all my life, but for some reason I feel better about it all. I live from pain med to pain med (the cartels have nothing on me), but I am seeing improvement. I've gone on several walks to the end of the block and back and am surviving those and almost looking forward to the next walk. They did a cervical lamenectomy and a second fusion. I am now fused from C1 to T1. The doctor said I would be shooting my 1912, 1886 in six weeks, so something to look forward to besides feeling better. I still ask for your prayers for complete healing and to become pain free soon. Thanks again......paul

Hondolane
04-22-2024, 05:19 PM
Prayers sent!

RickinTN
04-22-2024, 05:52 PM
Yes sir! I hope and pray you are better soon and much improved from what you were before surgery. Sounds like you are headed the right direction!
Take care now,
Rick

Der Gebirgsjager
04-22-2024, 06:09 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

DG

Winger Ed.
04-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Cool. Sounds like you're on the mend.

Let us know if all this fancy, new age medical treatments don't work out.
Then we can try a more traditional approach.

We can all do some chants while dancing around a fire, and sacrifice a goat.

Handloader109
04-23-2024, 08:20 AM
Just stop the meds when they run out and don't eat too many Tylenol or advil afterwards.
We're praying for you still.

Daver7
04-23-2024, 09:00 AM
Great news. Thanks for sharing.

Markopolo
04-23-2024, 09:06 AM
No singing and dancing here… just prayers!!!!

MrWolf
04-23-2024, 09:07 AM
Good news. I know exactly what you mean about feeling better a out the pain. The healing pain is definitely different. I have my doc follow up in a few hours to hopefully remove my 10 lb restriction. My L3-4 was almost six weeks ago. They went in from my side this time and separated the back muscle. They did not explain how much that would hurt. The disc feels fine but my low back still hurts. Listen to what the docs say as far as doing things. Yea it sucks but you don't want to extend the recovery time. Mine is four to six months. Best of luck.
Ron

Adam Helmer
04-23-2024, 10:37 AM
greybuff,

Prayers sent. I hope you recover fully soon. My heart doctor told me last year to slowdown and stop splitting my firewood. At age 79, I asked him if I needed to get rid of my 25-year-old girlfriend besides the woodsplitter? He told me, "Get rid of both of them today!" LOL.

Be well.

Adam

Walla2
04-23-2024, 10:41 AM
Prayers sent

xs11jack
04-23-2024, 08:36 PM
Good to get good news and may God comfort you every day.
Ole Jack