PDA

View Full Version : Rating threads?

WILCO
04-22-2024, 09:29 AM
Does anybody take the time to do this anymore?
I recently started doing it.
Figure it's another version of a "Like" button.:-P

Outer Rondacker
04-22-2024, 09:40 AM
I hate like buttons. I do not feel the need to belong.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-22-2024, 01:04 PM
Speaking of a rating threads or a like button.
One of my cats goes crazy, like she's looking for a lost kitten, when she hears a certain version of "Taps"
One of my favorite radio talkers does a segment "Medal of Honor Monday" where he reads about the actions of a Medal Recipient. Then at the end, if the recipient has passed, he plays Taps. My cat goes crazy...if she had a like button, I think she'd push it.

jsizemore
04-22-2024, 01:23 PM
Depends on how much time I spend at the Tiki Bar!

elmacgyver0
04-22-2024, 01:37 PM
This reminds me of the MSN home page of my browser. The different articles have thumbs up and down buttons.
Every time they had an anti-gun article, they would get maybe a couple hundred thumbs up and about 5 thousand thumbs down.
Now they turned off the thumbs down button, the like button still works.

SciFiJim
04-22-2024, 08:47 PM
Does anybody take the time to do this anymore?
I recently started doing it.
Figure it's another version of a "Like" button.:-P

So, how do you rate a thread? I've read a lot of threads that I thought were worthwhile, but didn't have anything to add.

M-Tecs
04-22-2024, 08:52 PM
So, how do you rate a thread? I've read a lot of threads that I thought were worthwhile, but didn't have anything to add.

Can't answer that but your "Custom Cast Boolits Google Search" works well. Thanks.

SciFiJim
04-22-2024, 09:49 PM
Can't answer that but your "Custom Cast Boolits Google Search" works well. Thanks.

Looks like I need to do some work on my signature. It worked when I put it there, but it has been a few years. Thanks for pointing it out.

M-Tecs
04-22-2024, 09:54 PM
Looks like I need to do some work on my signature. It worked when I put it there, but it has been a few years. Thanks for pointing it out.

? I stated it worked well. Now it's gone? I did save the link but others should find it useful also unless you don't want people using it?

SciFiJim
04-22-2024, 09:58 PM
? I stated it worked well. Now it's gone? I did save the link but others should find it useful also unless you don't want people using it?

It didn't work for me when I clicked on it. I deleted it from my signature until I could figure out what was wrong. Feel free to add it to your signature if you wish.

-edit- And now that I deleted it, I can't remember the syntax I used to create it. I should have backed up a copy before deleting.[smilie=b:

M-Tecs
04-22-2024, 10:05 PM
It didn't work for me when I clicked on it. I deleted it from my signature until I could figure out what was wrong. Feel free to add it to your signature if you wish.

-edit- And now that I deleted it, I can't remember the syntax I used to create it. I should have backed up a copy before deleting.[smilie=b:

I am using it now and it works great for me. https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=001951264366462437169:ggn3vg-bjum

Beerd
04-22-2024, 10:12 PM
I hate like buttons. I do not feel the need to belong.

if there was a 'like' button I'd use it for your post [smilie=s:

SciFiJim
04-23-2024, 07:51 AM
I am using it now and it works great for me. https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=001951264366462437169:ggn3vg-bjum

Thanks, I added it back.

GhostHawk
04-23-2024, 08:13 AM
Top line just above the message box.

" View First Unread Thread Tools Search Thread Rate This Thread "

Never realized that was there before. Wilco sir, well done.
Clicking on it brings up a choice of 1 - 5 stars, select, and click vote at the bottom.

done and done.

WILCO
04-23-2024, 11:47 AM

Never realized that was there before. Wilco sir, well done.
Clicking on it brings up a choice of 1 - 5 stars, select, and click vote at the bottom.

done and done.

Yay and thank you!!!!!

WILCO
04-23-2024, 11:50 AM

Upper right hand corner, above the first post of every thread.

As per GhostHawk:

Somebody
04-24-2024, 04:15 PM
It has never crossed my mind on this forum, thanks to the consistently high quality of posters and stricter moderation.

I often rate threads on a different gun forum, mostly because they have a troll problem.